Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

ShaneU wrote: »
    Played (and beat) Resident evil 1 for the first time, was free on plus ages ago. Holds up really well apart from the shocking voice acting and inventory management. And how the hell would know there were medals in those books? Starting 2 now, expecting more of the same.

Res2 is much better in every way. Not that the first one isn't a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Played (and beat) Resident evil 1 for the first time, was free on plus ages ago. Holds up really well apart from the shocking voice acting and inventory management. And how the hell would know there were medals in those books? Starting 2 now, expecting more of the same.

The shocking voice acting is the best part of the game yo.

That and going back to the mansion and having Hunters EVERYWHERE.

Ugh, some unpleasant childhood memories there. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hmm the auto-aim isn't in 2, but there's two extra inventory slots! Must have got past 20+ enemies before I even seen a green herb!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hmm the auto-aim isn't in 2, but there's two extra inventory slots! Must have got past 20+ enemies before I even seen a green herb!

The auto aim is in 2. You have to change it in the options. I just played it last month on the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Leave it off. Man up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Christ on a bike, Fez just gets deeper and deeper. Should I go on this door, ah well , never see this room again !

Edit: Dual shock is also quite important !!

More Edits : the lava room is quite difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gonna give Fez a proper go this weekend. So far I love it to. Really well polished game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The shocking voice acting is the best part of the game yo.

That and going back to the mansion and having Hunters EVERYWHERE.

Ugh, some unpleasant childhood memories there. :p

"NO! don't open....that door!"

That bit when you return from the gardens and see an FMV sequence of..something's POV legging it through the area you were just in and entering the house is one of the best pant sh1ttingly scary moments ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

She's so Canadian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

aaronh007 wrote: »
    No, but you can set up a UK account and use it on that. Games downloaded will still work on your Irish account. Only thing is, you'll need to top up the sub on the UK account.

what if i just change my IE accounts country to UK on the console, would that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Looking at my download list and had a load of games purchased/free that I had for the PS3 that I didn't realise could also be played on Vita. Was wondering what all the references to cross selling were... doh!

Playing Tomb Raider (PS1) on the way into work. Game's almost 20 years old and still plays pretty well (I'm actually loving it.... the nostalgia). Have Abe's Oddessy / Exodus on the Vita now as well. Probably means I won't purchase the remastered PS4 version :confused: and Wipeout. All purchased years ago for the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Timmyctc wrote: »

She's so Canadian.

A lot of the English dub work for the Resi games was done in Toronto so that'd make sense.

Somehow lost 25% of my saved game in Fez, stupid cross game save slot .

Not sure what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

eddhorse wrote: »
    Somehow lost 25% of my saved game in Fez, stupid cross game save slot .

Not sure what happened.

I'll give ya my newly acquired 100% one that I achieved today. Crazy game! Between Fez, Metrico and Proteus my heads gonna explode!

van_beano wrote: »
    I'll give ya my newly acquired 100% one that I achieved today. Crazy game! Between Fez, Metrico and Proteus my heads gonna explode!

I know exactly what you mean and I haven't touched Metrico yet.

Recovered back to where I was on Fez ,not sure which doors I went to the first time now, stuck on the lava room again.
    Fez is great though, some genius levels.

I know exactly what you mean and I haven't touched Metrico yet.

Recovered back to where I was on Fez ,not sure which doors I went to the first time now, stuck on the lava room again.
    Fez is great though, some genius levels.

Metrico is a great little game, just make sure ya do some physical warm up exercises before ya play.

I found Fez had a great knack at disheartening you, example being "Oh I've got 60.5% done" then you find out that full completion is 209.4%!

Please God I hope Sony gives us something that dosn't involve thinking in the Plus next month! The "Smart As" game suggests that logical thinking is not my strong point.

On a side note I've just started UC: Golden Abyss, 3 chapters down, it seems pretty good for a Vita game.

van_beano wrote: »
    Metrico is a great little game, just make sure ya do some physical warm up exercises before ya play.

I found Fez had a great knack at disheartening you, example being "Oh I've got 60.5% done" then you find out that full completion is 209.4%!

Please God I hope Sony gives us something that dosn't involve thinking in the Plus next month! The "Smart As" game suggests that logical thinking is not my strong point.

On a side note I've just started UC: Golden Abyss, 3 chapters down, it seems pretty good for a Vita game.

Yep great game UC, found I got hand cramps on the vita so ordered the extra grips for bogger hands

Yep great game UC, found I got hand cramps on the vita so ordered the extra grips for bogger hands

I've got small girly hands so I should be ok, I blame the years of excessive NES/SNES gaming that stunted my hand growth. Poor me.

Fez completed. Some puzzles were impossible and needed a little help. Great game, highly recommend.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

FEZ is a cool little game alright, the chap who made it is an utter dope tho.

• Advertisement

FEZ is a cool little game alright, the chap who made it is an utter dope tho.

Yeah I saw "Indie game the movie". For a dope he does some serious puzzles and makes up his own language.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished off Crysis 3 yesterday after only starting it on Saturday and not even playing that much.

Seemed really short.. a lot shorter than 2 if I remember right. I reckon I had it finished in 4-5 hours.

Anyway I actually liked it.. thought it was pretty fun if a little too easy just due to how overpowered you can be with the bow and stealth on.

Remember playing the multiplayer beta before and enjoying it so if anyone wants to play let me know and I might join in.

With Crysis complete I decided to check other games from the backlog of PS+ which didn't interest me. I've gone for both Saints Row 3 and Mafia 2.

Saints Row 3 - stopped playing it.. just got sick of driving from here to there (why I knew I wouldn't like it and feel Mafia could be the same) and all the enemies are bloody bullet sponges. Might go back if I play in co op but no way just single player. Edit: And my god it's aged badly already.. game looks terrible.

Mafia 2 - Literally just started and already the first cutscene freezes halfway through so not a promising start. :p

Might just go back to X-com and Dragons Dogma.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

tok9 wrote: »
    Finished off Crysis 3 yesterday after only starting it on Saturday and not even playing that much.

Seemed really short.. a lot shorter than 2 if I remember right. I reckon I had it finished in 4-5 hours.

Anyway I actually liked it.. thought it was pretty fun if a little too easy just due to how overpowered you can be with the bow and stealth on.

Remember playing the multiplayer beta before and enjoying it so if anyone wants to play let me know and I might join in.

With Crysis complete I decided to check other games from the backlog of PS+ which didn't interest me. I've gone for both Saints Row 3 and Mafia 2.

Saints Row 3 - stopped playing it.. just got sick of driving from here to there (why I knew I wouldn't like it and feel Mafia could be the same) and all the enemies are bloody bullet sponges. Might go back if I play in co op but no way just single player. Edit: And my god it's aged badly already.. game looks terrible.

Mafia 2 - Literally just started and already the first cutscene freezes halfway through so not a promising start. :p

Might just go back to X-com and Dragons Dogma.

I might join you for Saints Row 3. Ive had fun with single player but didn't complete it.

Might start on xcom again myself. Keep an eye out for enemy within man. It's the proper complete version.

Had to reset the ps3 there as mafia froze in game this time. So that's probably the end of that for me too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Any word on next week's offerings yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Any word on next week's offerings yet?

Nothing yet, should know on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Nothing yet, should know on Wednesday.

Jesus these months are flying by! I haven't even tried strider yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is Daylight worth picking up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RedXIV wrote: »

AH give it a bash :P

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »

Been playing a bit of that today. It's a lot of fun.

I haven't tried Road Not taken yet.

Played a bit more of SR3 with Jax.. Was more fun. Still the game looks like it could have come out for the PS2 and I'm not exaggerating there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement