Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Gonna give Strider another bash. Really enjoyed it, but I couldn't get past the first boss. Is there some trick to it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

.ak wrote: »
    Gonna give Strider another bash. Really enjoyed it, but I couldn't get past the first boss. Is there some trick to it?

Which boss was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Strider was ok, bit repetitive. Easy trophy haul though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone got or played "Golf club"?

I was looking up to see when the new EA Golf game would be out, big fan of the series, and people keep talking to me about golf club.

I typically have poor experience with "indie" titles and tend to try avoid them. Anyone any information on this one ? Literally in the dark over it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

TheDoc wrote: »

I was looking up to see when the new EA Golf game would be out, big fan of the series, and people keep talking to me about golf club.

I typically have poor experience with "indie" titles and tend to try avoid them. Anyone any information on this one ? Literally in the dark over it

From reading upon it the graphics are a bit commadore 64 but the mechanics are fine apparently it is supposed to appear on the US store tonight at some stage, I think I'm going to pick it up, it's more straight up golf game then your tiger woods as in no power ups harder to Putt, just like a real game of golf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

TheDoc wrote: »

Iv played it since it came out in early release on pc, its good but i found it got quite boring.

You need to realise that there is no lisenced golfers,gear or courses in this, not even a career mode.

Its basically just practice mode.

I will probably end up picking it up myself but i might wait a few weeks to see how it compares to the pc version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

The Golf Club is an Early Access Steam game.

Basically alpha with **** all features.

The Golf Club is an Early Access Steam game.

Basically alpha with **** all features.

its gone full release

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    its gone full release

It's up in the US Store 949.4MB for $34.99! I've had bigger patches then this!

It's up in the US Store 949.4MB for $34.99! I've had bigger patches then this!

Yes as its all user created courses that dont come on the game download,

literally you get a menu, comentary and like 5 courses,

the rest is online wheres theres 1000's of courses

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Yes as its all user created courses that dont come on the game download,

literally you get a menu, comentary and like 5 courses,

the rest is online wheres theres 1000's of courses

Well I went for it not to bad graphics are ok, couple of missed frames during game play 12 over on my first round, feel free to add me MacReady69!

Well I went for it not to bad graphics are ok, couple of missed frames during game play 12 over on my first round, feel free to add me MacReady69!

Will do, have a look for links of glory , alpine glory, autumn glory and desert glory,

there the courses i made on pc and from what i have read , there available on console

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Am I right in thinking next months games should be announced today?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking next months games should be announced today?

Yeah should be announced around 2pm-ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Can we preempt the announcement by getting the following inevitable points out of the way;

1. No, the games are not as good as they used to be.
    2. The PS+ value is still ridiculous so quit your whining.
    3. No, AAA titles will not be released on PS+ for the PS4 yet.

Anything I've missed?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Can we preempt the announcement by getting the following inevitable points out of the way;

1. No, the games are not as good as they used to be.
    2. The PS+ value is still ridiculous so quit your whining.
    3. No, AAA titles will not be released on PS+ for the PS4 yet.

Anything I've missed?

I bought that game a few weeks ago - I want a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Is that Vita game cross buy?"
    "The games aren't updated yet!"
    "I'm fed up of Lego games"

I have a strange feeling that Knack or Injustice will be on PS+ Free games list very very soon. Maybe they will hold off until the 1st anniversary to give us good games but so far im happy with what they have given me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

As am I. Bottom line is, i've got to experience some fantastic games, that I never normally would have gone near, such as Fez, Guacamelee, Mercenary Kings, Pixeljunk Shooter and many others.

Plus, for those still interested, the PS3 games that are released are usually top titles. Far Cry 3. Crysis 3. Many other top titles - for €60 quid a year??? Don't see how anyone can complain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I have a strange feeling that Knack or Injustice will be on PS+ Free games list very very soon. Maybe they will hold off until the 1st anniversary to give us good games but so far im happy with what they have given me :)

That rules out Knack then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

jonny24ie wrote: »

Doubt it. Knack is below the 70 metacritic mark. http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/knack

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Where is this rule regarding metacritic mentioned?

Games like Contrast were released for free with PS+ before they were reviewed and have a lower score than 70 on metacritic. I'm sure there must be others.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Plus, for those still interested, the PS3 games that are released are usually top titles. Far Cry 3. Crysis 3. Many other top titles - for €60 quid a year??? Don't see how anyone can complain

I hope you just got mixed up and haven't been paying €60 since it's only €50 for the year, unless you get a deal. Or €54.99 if buying from Xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    Where is this rule regarding metacritic mentioned?

Games like Contrast were released for free with PS+ before they were reviewed and have a lower score than 70 on metacritic. I'm sure there must be others.

When the IGC first began, the 70+ Metacritic rating was used. A quick Google tells me Sony have removed it from their PS+ site.

I guess we might actually see Knack...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I hope you just got mixed up and haven't been paying €60 since it's only €50 for the year, unless you get a deal. Or €54.99 if buying from Xtravision

Oh, i was mixed up surely! Even better value - €50 sponds is nothing for all those games over a 12 month stretch.

Otacon wrote: »
    When the IGC first began, the 70+ Metacritic rating was used. A quick Google tells me Sony have removed it from their PS+ site.

I guess we might actually see Knack...

:(

I actually wouldn't say no to Knack as I've no intention of ever buying it but I'd definitely play it.

Played more of Strider last night. It's a load of fun. I reckon I've about 1-2 hours to go in it.

Kind of regret not picking Hard but I do love just slicing through the enemies.

Played more of Strider last night. It's a load of fun. I reckon I've about 1-2 hours to go in it.

Kind of regret not picking Hard but I do love just slicing through the enemies.

I have sank a good few hours into it so far and I think I have a few more to go but I might just be at the end because the bosses are a nightmare at the moment.

I haven't had any real issue with any of the fights so far to be honest.

It says I've played for 3 hours 40 mins and completed 50% of the game which includes all the bonuses etc throughout.

• Advertisement

I haven't had any real issue with any of the fights so far to be honest.

It says I've played for 3 hours 40 mins and completed 50% of the game which includes all the bonuses etc throughout.

I had no issues with them until this boss i have now, its the dragon again but hes shooting ice and bombs at me and I just cant seem to be able to kill him at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement