Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Hogzy wrote: »
    SOrry if this has already been asked but if I let my PS+ expire does that mean I lose all my games? I know I cant play them but if I let me PS+ go for 2 weeks then resubscribe do I get all the games back?

Yes, you most certainly do get your games back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Hogzy wrote: »
    SOrry if this has already been asked but if I let my PS+ expire does that mean I lose all my games? I know I cant play them but if I let me PS+ go for 2 weeks then resubscribe do I get all the games back?

Yes you will get access to them again when you re sub. They become locked out if you are not a + member. They don't get deleted automatically that would be a pain in the hoop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

nocoverart wrote: »
    Yes, you most certainly do get your games back.

Not 100%. I let mine go for 2 weeks and when I got it back, Sleeping Dogs disappeared even though I already downloaded it. Sony said they can't guarantee games to stay there and random ones might disappear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Huzzah for Sportsfriends! Being dying to play that, Johann Sebastian Joust looks and sounds fiendishly brilliant. Velocity was great so looking forward to the sequel too. And TkX is a delightful mind**** for those who haven't experienced. A strong line up to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Will reserve judgement until I play through a few of those games. Not hugely interested in PS All Stars though.

With Destiny on the way I know I'll be kept busy anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Huzzah for Sportsfriends! Being dying to play that, Johann Sebastian Joust looks and sounds fiendishly brilliant. Velocity was great so looking forward to the sequel too. And TkX is a delightful mind**** for those who haven't experienced. A strong line up to be sure :)

Played Johann Sebastian Joust at a house party a few months ago. All fun and games until I pushed a friend-of-a-friend into the fireplace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Have we become spoiled by PlayStation Plus or something?

As I stated before, Velocity 2X is a phenomenal game.
    Outside of Towerfall, Sportsfriends is probably one of the best local multiplayer games on any platform at the moment.
    I have never been a fan of PSASBR/Smash Bros.-type games, but it is still a really solid game nonetheless.
    Hoard is an unknown quantity to me but a quick Google threw up reviews with 7's and 8's.
    I know from experience that TxK is an unbelievably addictive shooter...
    ...and the Joe Danger series are rudimentary but fun games.

With a fixed selection and a huge audience, they are never going to be universally liked but the belly-aching here is bizarre IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Otacon wrote: »
    With a fixed selection and a huge audience, they are never going to be universally liked but the belly-aching here is bizarre IMO.

Spot on. PS+ gives me the opportunity to dabble in games I'd never try. I'm not a huge fan of some games that have been on offer but games like Stacking, Hotline Miami, Guacamelee and Machinarium have been absolute gems that I would never have discovered otherwise.

AAA games are a great treat to get every so often but experiencing smaller indie games isn't always a bad thing.

I figure most people will be extremely busy with Destiny this month to really care anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

6 games per month at less than a fiver per month! Yes people are definitely spoiled with the service I will never complain about it even if I hated all the games that month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Get free games, whine about it.

This place baffles me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Playstation Battle Royal is good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would agree we're probably a bit spoiled.

Velocity 2X was a game I would have been very tempted to get next week which would have set me back 12-15 euro. That game alone has made next month worth it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Do you need motion controllers for sports friends?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

.ak wrote: »
    Do you need motion controllers for sports friends?

Dualshock 4s work I believe at least for some of the games, although was always hesitant to buy because I don't have move controllers. This is the best chance to experiment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

iamtony wrote: »
    6 games per month at less than a fiver per month! Yes people are definitely spoiled with the service I will never complain about it even if I hated all the games that month.
    If there's six games a month and I'm not interested in any of them I will complain, it's a service I'm paying for and the last few months have been poor.

They could have had great downloadable games like Octodad, Transistor, Child of Light, The Swapper, Rogue Legacy or Valiant Hearts.

Instead we get Doki Doki, Stick it to the man, Don't Starve, Road not Taken & Mercenary Kings. Which are all flawed second rate games and I didn't enjoy any of them.

The best ps4 games for ps+ were in the first month, it's been downhill since then. My subscription runs out this month and this selection isn't exactly convincing me to resubscribe (I've been subscribed since ps+ started)

They need to evolve this into a netflix style all you can eat service, but judging by ps now they haven't a clue how to do it.
    Moneymaker wrote: »
    Get free games, whine about it.

This place baffles me.
    The games aren't free.

So you are complaining you didn't get the games you wanted?

Firstly I would give Velocity 2X a chance before dismissing it as it could very easily be better than a lot of the games you just listed.

And I agree some of the games have only been decent to average but there have still been some quality games for the ps4 like Strider, Towerfall Ascension and Outlast. I also disagree with you on Don't Starve which is a really fun addictive game.

When you look back, everyone laughed at the PS+ service. It didn't look like good value at all initially and that was on a console that had been out for 4-5 years.

tok9 wrote: »
    So you are complaining you didn't get the games you wanted?

Firstly I would give Velocity 2X a chance before dismissing it as it could very easily be better than a lot of the games you just listed.
    Wasn't impressed by the first game, the sequel is the same with platforming added in.
    tok9 wrote: »
    And I agree some of the games have only been decent to average but there have still been some quality games for the ps4 like Strider, Towerfall Ascension and Outlast. I also disagree with you on Don't Starve which is a really fun addictive game.
    Strider - haven't played it yet
    Towerfall - Good but no online multiplayer in this game is an absolute joke. Game is obviously not designed for Single player.
    Outlast - not a fan of these kinds of games.

I wonder if it's Sony who are approaching the Devs, or the Devs approaching Sony, thinking the game is average and won't sell well and they'll get more money from Sony by putting it straight onto plus. Here's a fact, Sportsfriends bombed big time when it was released on pc. It's only been on ps4 three months, clearly no-one buying it there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Folks are perfectly entitled to say it's a poor month on PS+ if that's how they feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I haven't played a ps+ game in months and recently resubed just because of its other features like the cloud save, plus is well worth it imo and if you don't think so just don't re sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The only games ive enjoyed so far on PS+ are Trine 2 and Strider(Please dont shout at me for not liking Resogun:p),i have not played to many of the plus games recently,mostly owing to getting the last of us and diablo 3 and having a group of friends who still play BF4 taking up my gaming time,which can be limited like most peoples

PS+ is required now for online MP though. If they offered a second rate PS+ for say €30 that didnt include the games and only MP,atm id have to say i would forgo Trine and Strider for the reduced price. A sort of silver/gold membership if you will. People will say that you would be carzy not to spend the extra €20 because the games are worth a lot more,and in a literal sense they would be right. But,unplayed games have no value! If i dont want to play it the game holds no value to me

Now im not trying to thrash PS+ here,there is obviously a lot of people who currently enjoy the service/features as they currently are and more power to them. Its a fantastic service if you like the games and especially if you have all 3 platforms to play them on it represents fantastic value. I am only interested in PS4 games though,and i know its a lot to ask for Sony to tailor it to my personal needs but owning only a PS4 i kinda have to think of it like that.

I just think for those of us who dont see the value in it yet,and i stress the word YET,it would be nice to be able to opt in and out and pay the higher price for the months(maybe a slight premium for opting in for one month) we want the games. To me that would represent a way to keep everybody happy. As a consumer i would like a little more choice

I also have to say i was a little disappointed EA Access didnt make its way to PS4. I know it would not be for everybody but personally i would have subbed for a month or two just to try Madden. Ive very fond memories of the series. Another choice i would have liked to have made for myself as a consumer. Just my feelings on it atm for what its worth,probably not a lot:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

ShaneU wrote: »
    If there's six games a month and I'm not interested in any of them I will complain, it's a service I'm paying for and the last few months have been poor.

They could have had great downloadable games like Octodad, Transistor, Child of Light, The Swapper, Rogue Legacy or Valiant Hearts.

Instead we get Doki Doki, Stick it to the man, Don't Starve, Road not Taken & Mercenary Kings. Which are all flawed second rate games and I didn't enjoy any of them.

The best ps4 games for ps+ were in the first month, it's been downhill since then. My subscription runs out this month and this selection isn't exactly convincing me to resubscribe (I've been subscribed since ps+ started)

They need to evolve this into a netflix style all you can eat service, but judging by ps now they haven't a clue how to do it.

The games aren't free.

But at 5 euro a month why are u expecting games worth 15? As far as I'm concerned the subscription pays for my online play which I have no problem paying as 60 euro for the year is nothing for the amount of hours of online gameplay I get, I consider the games a added bonus. My suggestion to u would be to unsubscribe for about 3 years so there is a big enough catalogue of old games on the ps4 and perhaps u will start to get some better games with ps+

Look at it this way a game would usally cost 60 euro and with most games these days you would be lucky to get 30 hours of story missions out of it so that works out at 2 euro an hour and that's being generous considering most games I play have about 15-20 hour. So if u sped more then 2 and a half hours a month playing online it's cheaper then buying new games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PS+ “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Velocity 2X looks great, can't wait to play it, If Resogun and Strider had a baby this game would be it! It's games like this that make subscribing to PS+ worth it!

But at 5 euro a month why are u expecting games worth 15?
    Because ps+ is a rental service , I don't own these games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

But the longer you are a member the more and more games you get over time. We all new the first year of PS+ on the PS4 would be scarce. It was discussed here before the consoles launch. You will need to wait till this time next year for big PS4 games to hit Plus. As long as you are a member you practically do own the games as you are not forced to give them back at any point like really renting them.

We have Drive Club for October, that will be a big one.

PS+ is not just a rental service anymore, that's just one of the perks of it as you need it for online play on PS4. For gamers still on last gen PS3 yes it is.

It's a subscription service.... not rental. Two very different things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Heard lots of good things about Velocity, so very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to buy 12 months for PS+?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Every month the same debate. It's so tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Otacon wrote: »
    Have we become spoiled by PlayStation Plus or something?

As I stated before, Velocity 2X is a phenomenal game.
    Outside of Towerfall, Sportsfriends is probably one of the best local multiplayer games on any platform at the moment.
    I have never been a fan of PSASBR/Smash Bros.-type games, but it is still a really solid game nonetheless.
    Hoard is an unknown quantity to me but a quick Google threw up reviews with 7's and 8's.
    I know from experience that TxK is an unbelievably addictive shooter...
    ...and the Joe Danger series are rudimentary but fun games.

These are exactly the kinds of games I want on psn+ to be honest, the stuff might not play otherwise. Yeah sure when there's a big name title added its good but things like Velocity, TxK, Resogun, Two Brothers, Proteus etc are great examples of gaming outside the AAA title mega budget stuff that dominate sales these days.

If people don't like psn+ then unsub, simple as. Sony owes you nothing at this rate. If you've been a member more than 6 months you've gotten hundreds of euros worth of games and hours and hours of entertainment for less than the cost of a night on the booze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement