Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Every month the same debate. It's so tiresome.

So if I don't subscribe this month, will I lose my games or what's the story?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    So if I don't subscribe this month, will I lose my games or what's the story?

:P

What is this PS+ you talk about? Sounds like a great deal to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Feel a bit screwed over on the vita side of things, the PS3 games have been A Grade for a while now, would hardly expect any PS4 disc based games on Plus obviously as there aren't that many of them to begin with. I would like to see some proper Vita games though rather than shovel ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

krudler wrote: »
    If people don't like psn+ then unsub, simple as. Sony owes you nothing at this rate. If you've been a member more than 6 months you've gotten hundreds of euros worth of games and hours and hours of entertainment for less than the cost of a night on the booze.

The stock answer of most people!! PS+ is required for online MP now though on PS4. So dropping it is not an option like it was on PS3. If i could get a reduced price without the games and only online MP id take it but as is im forced to get plus for online at full price,and the bonus is games i dont really want to play.

So imo the drop ps+ argument is not really a valid argument when it comes to PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Feel a bit screwed over on the vita side of things, the PS3 games have been A Grade for a while now, would hardly expect any PS4 disc based games on Plus obviously as there aren't that many of them to begin with. I would like to see some proper Vita games though rather than shovel ware.

What? the vita is one of the best reasons to be a psn+ subscriber. Hotline Miami, Fez, Velocity, Sly Cooper, Lone Survivor, Dragon's Crown, Everybody's Golf, Muramasa, Guacamelee, Soul Sacrifice, BlazBlue Continuum Shift and Oddworld Stanger's Wrath have been free in the past 10 months alone. Not one of those is shovelware and all are worth having.

This month is a Vita bonanza, Velocity, PS All Stars, Joe Danger and TxK are all free, cha ching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

EoinHef wrote: »
    The stock answer of most people!! PS+ is required for online MP now though on PS4. So dropping it is not an option like it was on PS3. If i could get a reduced price without the games and only online MP id take it but as is im forced to get plus for online at full price,and the bonus is games i dont really want to play.

So imo the drop ps+ argument is not really a valid argument when it comes to PS4

And you knew it was a requirement before the ps4 was launched. Sure xbox owners have been paying for Live as a requirement for nearly a decade, and they get ancient games for free, I remember when MS made a big deal about Halo 3 being free, about 6 years after it came out.

There's some months when I'm not really arsed about some of the games but the months where a few things worth having come along are worth it. It's less than a fiver a month ffs. Sony don't owe you a thing.

krudler wrote: »
    And you knew it was a requirement before the ps4 was launched. Sure xbox owners have been paying for Live as a requirement for nearly a decade, and they get ancient games for free, I remember when MS made a big deal about Halo 3 being free, about 6 years after it came out.

There's some months when I'm not really arsed about some of the games but the months where a few things worth having come along are worth it. It's less than a fiver a month ffs. Sony don't owe you a thing.

Of course i knew it was a requirement before launch,i also expected more from plus having never had it before. You talk about old games,Trine 2,Dont Starve,FEZ,Dead Nation are/were hardly new when they went on PS+ so bringing that up as a point is well....pointless!!

You may be happy to spend the extra but im clearly not,my point is there is no option for me to pay a slightly smaller fee to just get access to online MP. And for folks like yourself who are happy to pay the extra go ahead.

Sony doesnt owe me anything? What does that even mean?

Ive paid out for a console and paid a yearly subscription fee id say Sony do owe me something. A year of online gaming on a console that works. So yeah they do owe me something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Was joe danger announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

In fairness there is so much "oh we are so lucky with the games we get for free" they are not free we pay for each and every 1, multiplayer is no longer free and the server side is nowhere near as good as Microsoft and ps plus is now the same as games for gold! This rubbish about supporting indie games is crap and vita is a waste of time I've had ps+ long before ps4 and it was great but now I expect more for my money, I'm paying for a reliable service aswell as these top "indie games I would never have played" (because 90%are crap and not worth a download) and I neither get a reliable non lag service or "top indie games"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah now I have to say I for one am delighted with the PS+ service. I have gotten to play full games that I would never have even looked at and the funny thing is that with the likes of Dont Starve/Resogun/Strider I have gotten many many hours of enjoyment out of them, also because of them I started looking at games like Child of Light/Octodad which never would have crossed my mind before. Fair enough I have to pay to play online and the service is not 100% but its only year one of the console so its to be expected that there will be a good few hiccups. After the christmas rush I would imagine the servers will be better. For €50 a year its well worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What's actually funny is a lot are saying the quality of PS+ is getting worse since the PS4 launched.

Since the launch of the PS4, the PS3 plus offerings have been -
    Grid 2, Guacamelee,
    Devil May Cry, Borderlands 2,
    Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light,
    Tomb Raider, Brothers,
    PES 2014, Sly Cooper,
    Puppeter, Payday 2,
    NBA 2k14, Lone Survivor,
    Dead Space 3, Lego Batman,
    Crysis 3, Proteus

If this is what people call a regression. Long may it continue!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

tok9 wrote: »
    What's actually funny is a lot are saying the quality of PS+ is getting worse since the PS4 launched.

Since the launch of the PS4, the PS3 plus offerings has been -
    Grid 2, Guacamelee,
    Devil May Cry, Borderlands 2,
    Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light,
    Tomb Raider, Brothers,
    PES 2014, Sly Cooper,
    Puppeter, Payday 2,
    NBA 2k14, Lone Survivor,
    Dead Space 3, Lego Batman,
    Crysis 3, Proteus

If this is what people call a regression. Long may it continue!

Have to agree, I havent started any of the PS3 games yet so plenty of games for me to get through :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

thinking of getting us account, just for cheaper fifa! us ps plus no longer as beneficial , is it?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    thinking of getting us account, just for cheaper fifa! us ps plus no longer as beneficial , is it?

I think the way it works is you can have a US and IRE account on your PS4, you buy and download off the PS Store and then you can use your IRE account with PLUS to play the games so no need for US PS+ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Is there any way to view a list of all the games I have purchased through PS Plus? I know you can check your download queue, but thats a bit of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

In relation to the bellyaching about the PS Plus service...

I'm very happy with the PS Plus service, been there since the beginning. Some months aren't so great but generally there's at least one game every month I put some time into.

I've put hundreds of hours into mass effect 3 online co-op which was included in PS Plus. I have a 1 terrabyte hd in my PS3 which has a fantastic library of games on it. I don't have a PS4 yet but I do have a vita... Not sure why people feel the need to complain about the same things every month... It won't change a thing because the majority of people are happy with the service.

Anyway, you can always stop your subscription, sell your playstation console and buy an xbox one\360\Wii U, or at least do your complaining on the Sony PS forums where someone from Sony might take notice.

thorbarry - it's easier to check the list on the web store through a web browser, rather than on your console.

People have every right to complain regarding a service when they are paying for it.

However my issue is that a lot of people seem to be dismissive of a lot of the games just because of them being Indie.
    cadete wrote: »
    I'm paying for a reliable service aswell as these top "indie games I would never have played" (because 90%are crap and not worth a download) and I neither get a reliable non lag service or "top indie games"

The quote above is a great example of that. Completely dismissive of some fantastic games that (in the vast majority of cases) have received critical praise from reviewers and consumers.

If some aren't to ones taste that's completely fine... but they can't all be thrown under the same bus. Resogun is a very different game to Don't Starve, Strider, Outlast, Stick it to the Man, Fez, Towerfall Ascension. They are all very different games and I've enjoyed every one of them.

With 3 months or so to go before a full year of PS+ on PS4, is the above and others released on PS4 good enough for €5 a month. For me, on it's first year, I would say yes and that's not including any of the Vita or PS3 games I get too.

People are entitled to complain about what PS+ is offering but most peoples complaints are a little pathetic. Complaining that the games don't interest you in a specific month is a little pointless considering that given the nature of the service, it's impossible to please all the people all the time. For me there have been months where not a single game was of use to me, either I already owned them all or had no interest in them. Did I complain, nope because I understand that the service isn't directly appealing solely to me and for every game I have no interest in or own there's two if not ten titles been given away that do.

As for people writing off indie gaming as a whole, well that's just somewhat sad. I think a figure of 90% of indie games were crap was posted earlier on and to have such a backwards view is just a little sad. Indie games are not a genre, yet many imply that they are. Indie games cover the entire spectrum of genres and 9 times out of 10 offer more wit, originality and inventiveness than you'll find in a dozen triple A titles. Sure there's plenty of bad indie games out there but then again, there's an equal number of terrible Triple A games. The day that Sony stops actively pursuing indie developers is the day that I'll lose a lot of interest in my PS4 as the best thing about the console thus far has been Sony's willingness to allow developers to do their own thing and by God has it paid off.

People are entitled to complain about what PS+ is offering but most peoples complaints are a little pathetic. Complaining that the games don't interest you in a specific month is a little pointless considering that given the nature of the service, it's impossible to please all the people all the time. For me there have been months where not a single game was of use to me, either I already owned them all or had no interest in them. Did I complain, nope because I understand that the service isn't directly appealing solely to me and for every game I have no interest in or own there's two if not ten titles been given away that do.

As for people writing off indie gaming as a whole, well that's just somewhat sad. I think a figure of 90% of indie games were crap was posted earlier on and to have such a backwards view is just a little sad. Indie games are not a genre, yet many imply that they are. Indie games cover the entire spectrum of genres and 9 times out of 10 offer more wit, originality and inventiveness than you'll find in a dozen triple A titles. Sure there's plenty of bad indie games out there but then again, there's an equal number of terrible Triple A games. The day that Sony stops actively pursuing indie developers is the day that I'll lose a lot of interest in my PS4 as the best thing about the console thus far has been Sony's willingness to allow developers to do their own thing and by God has it paid off.

So some people dont like a lot of the games so far and are offering a bit of a critic of there reasons why and they are pathetic? Give me a break,whats pathetic imo is the massive circlejerk over PS + and the lack of proper debate when someone mentions it in a negative way.

No.. it's more like people see the list of games each month. Don't know what some of them are and say the games are **** without even checking up about them or playing them.

• Advertisement

No.. it's more like people see the list of games each month. Don't know what some of them are and say the games are **** without even checking up about them or playing them.

I have tried all of them,the ones that interested me were Strider and Trine 2 so far. Had Trine 2 already and would i have bought Strider with my own money? Probably not. I have no problem with Indie titles,have plenty of them on PC,i just dont think the titles that have gone on plus are all that great imo.

Im talking about PS4 exclusivly,not anything on Vita or PS3 as i have neither.

I can see why some people have no problem and love the service but to label those who dont as sad or pathetic is a bit much(not referring to you tok)

I have tried all of them,the ones that interested me were Strider and Trine 2 so far. Had Trine 2 already and would i have bought Strider with my own money? Probably not. I have no problem with Indie titles,have plenty of them on PC,i just dont think the titles that have gone on plus are all that great imo.

I can see why some people have no problem and love the service but to label those who dont as sad or pathetic is a bit much(not referring to you tok)

That's fair enough but like a lot if us have said, It's less than a year into the service for ps4. The triple AAA games that people want will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

I'm happy with Ps+ even if some months the line up, from my own perspective, is slack enough. If people want to come on here and say the same, they should be perfectly within their rights to without getting shouted down by the 'just be grateful you are getting anything at all!' brigade. This is the Ps+ discussion thread, not the 'only say positive things about Ps+' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's less than a year into the service for ps4. The triple AAA games that people want will come.

I know that's the expectation but there's no real guarantee of that, is there? What if Driveclub is the model for how they do the bigger games for PS4 on PS Plus?

So some people dont like a lot of the games so far and are offering a bit of a critic of there reasons why and they are pathetic? Give me a break,whats pathetic imo is the massive circlejerk over PS + and the lack of proper debate when someone mentions it in a negative way.

No one labelled those who have issue with the service to be sad or pathetic, merely that many of the complaints were. Over the past year the PS4 PS+ has seen Sony pursue smaller titles and for most it's been great and it's hard to know what people expect from a console which is still in it's infancy. Did people think Sony would be offering up triple A titles from day one? It would seem that many people would much prefer another generic big budget title in place of the more interesting titles that we've got, nothing wrong with that but to write off indie games as rubbish is nonsense. It's like me playing the latest Fifa and then going off and saying that all triple A titles are crap because I didn't like one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

That's fair enough but like a lot if us have said, It's less than a year into the service for ps4. The triple AAA games that people want will come.

My tuppence worth:

As I said on this thread many moons ago, I am holding out on buying a PS4 until at least Xmas when the triple AAA games become more frequent on the PS4 IGC. Maybe I'm unique in that I amn't interested in buying the next big blockbusters, I game solely from what I get on the IGC. I have been very happy with what I get for my €49.99 subscription a year, some of the games I've played have been fantastic - Spec Ops: The Line, Metro:Last Light are 2 games I probably never would have played if it wasn't for PS+

IMO, and I could be wrong, I think the growing discontent stems mainly from new PS+ subscribers who bought a PS4 over the last year. It was obvious that Sony couldn't just start putting massive PS4 games up straight away on the IGC, a substantial PS4 library needs to be established before then. This can be seen with the PS3 offerings over the last year.

This time next year there'll be people on here giving out about the length of the PS4 game backlog, just like the PS3 and Vita owners "complain" about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I have a PS 3 ,Vita and 4 ...I love PS+ . Fez and Metrico where fantastic this month just on the Vita alone. I'm now just starting the + game on Fez .

I'm paid up till nov 2015 .Best €50 in a yr I've ever spent on games.

I know that's the expectation but there's no real guarantee of that, is there? What if Driveclub is the model for how they do the bigger games for PS4 on PS Plus?

It's pretty much guaranteed just because there will be more games available. On top of that the pressure from the competition (Games with Gold) wil help somewhat.

On Driveclub - I can see the pros and cons with it and yes if it turns out successful (i.e People buy the game after) I could see that model being used again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys is there anywhere i can top up my PS+ with paypal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement