Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So do you add funds to you're wallet from paypal and then buy plus on you're ps4 its a very confusing system ....To me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

So do you add funds to you're wallet from paypal and then buy plus on you're ps4 its a very confusing system ....To me anyway

Yep, use PayPal to top up your account wallet and with that topped up you can buy ps+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Thanks for the help lads much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

where is the best place do buy the digital copied, it can be done via amazon us also, i thinK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

As a dual console owner for last / this generation I really just view any games as a bonus. I used to pay 60e a year for XBL and got absolutely nothing.

The cost of these networks aren't cheap and it's great we're getting added value. The indie stuff is great, PS3 still has AAA games coming to PS+ and it's making me use my vita more than ever.

Have a look at XBox Games for Gold and then complain about PS+'s range. It's sad that we're complaining about getting essentially free games nowadays. Sadder that barely anyone is commenting about the great line-up this month too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

phobia2011 wrote: »
    where is the best place do buy the digital copied, it can be done via amazon us also, i thinK!

I'd say the US PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Niska

Looking forward to trying Velocity 2x - it's the kind of game I'd probably never purchased but only get to try via PS Plus.

Strangely, one I'm most looking forward to is Hoard - enjoyed the demo when it came out, but not enough to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I am planning to buy a PS4 today, So my understanding is that I would need a PS+ in order to play online. It costs around 50 EUR for 12 months, is there any discounts or any reductions that you are aware of and that you don't mind sharing :D:D?? anything at all would help, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

alwald wrote: »
    I am planning to buy a PS4 today, So my understanding is that I would need a PS+ in order to play online. It costs around 50 EUR for 12 months, is there any discounts or any reductions that you are aware of and that you don't mind sharing :D:D?? anything at all would help, thanks.

If you wait until next Tuesday xtravision doing a bundle for 399 with destiny for one week only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

If you wait until next Tuesday xtravision doing a bundle for 399 with destiny for one week only

I seen this offer on in Smyths too: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-9155/ps4-500gb-destiny-bundle/

I got the PS4 from Argos for 385 + the last of us for 25 quid, I have never played either games before and I was aware about both offers, I just looked at both games in different websites for reviews and realised that TLOS will suit me better :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

alwald wrote: »
    I seen this offer on in Smyths too: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-9155/ps4-500gb-destiny-bundle/

I got the PS4 from Argos for 385 + the last of us for 25 quid, I have never played either games before and I was aware about both offers, I just looked at both games in different websites for reviews and realised that TLOS will suit me better :).
    The last of us is an amazing game and a great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Velocity 2X is getting some pretty great reviews... and Otacon loves it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

tok9 wrote: »

Seeing a lot of reviews saying it's set the bar for indie games on the ps4 going forward. Looking forward to getting stuck into this tomorrow when it's available!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Otacon wrote: »
    I am playing Velocity 2X for review at the moment. The embargo is set for September 2 at 17:00 but we are allowed to say we are playing it and if we think it's good - so that is what I am about to do.

Right now, with some big games yet to come this year, Velocity 2X is my current game of the year.

My review. It is awesomesauce (the game I mean. My review probably rambles...).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Dont forget folks that aswell as you PS+ games today is suppose to be the Vita release of Don't Starve and as it is cross buy it will be free if you have it on the PS4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Velocity 2x is up on the store now. I can download it but can't play it til my joypad comes back from Sony. Mad to try it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/velocity2x/cid=EP4143-CUSA00071_00-FUTURLABV2XPRE00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Velocity 2x is up on the store now. I can download it but can't play it til my joypad comes back from Sony. Mad to try it.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/velocity2x/cid=EP4143-CUSA00071_00-FUTURLABV2XPRE00

Yeah all the games seem to be up now, just have to search for them. The Vita is getting a lot of love this month with the cross buys, 4 games in total for it!

Nice.. I'll have it downloaded for the tube home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

This month's PS+ games are up on the store, you'll have to search for them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Or from the homepage select "new releases" - "new this week"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Rising Star Games have a 10th anniversary sale starting.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/03/rising-star-games-celebrates-10th-birthday-big-discounts/

Deadly Premonition is only €7.49 and I'm wondering if anyone here has played it and if it's worth a punt. It seems to be a pretty divisive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Got a "thank you for your purchase" email after downloading Velocity :eek:
    Gave me a fright until I seen the €0.00 :pac:

Ya got a little fright the first time I saw that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Deadly Premonition is only €7.49 and I'm wondering if anyone here has played it and if it's worth a punt. It seems to be a pretty divisive game.
    The controls are a little off-putting, and some of the systems are quirky, but I still enjoyed it. If you fancy a Twin Peaks-esque story, then go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Ya got a little fright the first time I saw that too.

That's the first time I ever got one, I thought it must have only started for this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Things to bear in mind about Deadly Premonition, which is absolutely worth playing but you need to know what you're in for:

Many of the gameplay mechanics are awful. Dreadful shooting, laughable driving. The Director's Cut has apparently improved a bit, but you're not here for high quality, polished mechanics.

The game is sometimes so bad its good quality. The animations, environments and voice work are very often super-shoddy - but somehow it all comes together to create this weird, surreal mood.

It's a pretty shameless facsimile of Twin Peaks. It's like they were making a Twin Peaks game, and then a few weeks before release lost the license and made some changes so they could still release it.

All that said, it is one of the strangest, most interesting games you'll play. I don't know if I've ever uttered as many 'WTFs?' during a single game, and I mostly mean that in a good way. It is genuinely funny and quotable (So says Mr. Stewart). It holds no shortage of incidental pleasures, like the endlessly entertaining conversations the protagonist has with his imaginary friends have about movie trivia while you're driving around the town. The open world is, in its way, quite fascinating and quietly progressive, with some very intriguing ideas. Once you unlock some of the hidden weapons, the shooting bits become much more tolerable. And the story ultimately goes to places few games would dare. It's the sort of mental, idiosyncratic, low-budget curio that was common during the PS2 era but has now more or less disappeared.

Most of all, it has the single greatest piece of music in the history of games (in context it's even better):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Things to bear in mind about Deadly Premonition, which is absolutely worth playing but you need to know what you're in for:

Many of the gameplay mechanics are awful. Dreadful shooting, laughable driving. The Director's Cut has apparently improved a bit, but you're not here for high quality, polished mechanics.

The game is sometimes so bad its good quality. The animations, environments and voice work are very often super-shoddy - but somehow it all comes together to create this weird, surreal mood.

It's a pretty shameless facsimile of Twin Peaks. It's like they were making a Twin Peaks game, and then a few weeks before release lost the license and made some changes so they could still release it.

All that said, it is one of the strangest, most interesting games you'll play. I don't know if I've ever uttered as many 'WTFs?' during a single game, and I mostly mean that in a good way. It is genuinely funny and quotable (So says Mr. Stewart). It holds no shortage of incidental pleasures, like the endlessly entertaining conversations the protagonist has with his imaginary friends have about movie trivia while you're driving around the town. The open world is, in its way, quite fascinating and quietly progressive, with some very intriguing ideas. Once you unlock some of the hidden weapons, the shooting bits become much more tolerable. And the story ultimately goes to places few games would dare. It's the sort of mental, idiosyncratic, low-budget curio that was common during the PS2 era but has now more or less disappeared.

Most of all, it has the single greatest piece of music in the history of games (in context it's even better):

Cheers, I reckon I'll pick it up so. I picked up Siren: Blood Curse already so I reckon I'll do a double header of them shortly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That's the first time I ever got one, I thought it must have only started for this month.

I have always gotten them :)

Oh and Don't starve is acting the mick, sometimes its showing as free and others its showing as a price but it should sort itself out during the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Deadly Premonition is an utter gem. It is literally a Japanese take on twin peaks. With all silliness included.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement