Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

But what about the partition size limitations with FAT32?

If I'm not mistaken, you are thinking of the partition limitation that MICROSOFT WINDOWS puts on FAT32 of something like 32GB. The limit is actually between 2TB and 16TB, depending on some factors.

On Windows, you can actually make partitions larger than 32GB but you may have to use third party formatting software.

Anyway, we are digressing...

Back on topic : LBP2 was the only game I had so I'm chuffed. Downloading 4 or 5 of them since yesterday. Gonna be a good few months [I don't get to play much :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    That's weird. I set Virtua Fighter, LBP2 and InFamous 2 on download last night (30MB UPC wired broadband). Virtua Fighter downloaded in about 15 minutes. I went to bed about 10 minutes after that and LBP2 (5.5GB) was half way through downloading. I don't know how long all 15GB of InFamous 2 took but it was certainly done by the time I got up this morning.

Downloads do take longer than they should do, and last night was probably worse than normal due to the take-up of these games but if they were taking that long for you then it sounds like a problem with your set-up. Either that or I was incredibly lucky.

Ah so you're the one who stole all the bandwidth! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I queued up Chime, Space Marine, MotorStorm and Outland. InFamous 2 and LBP 2 are great options but I own them already.

Only problem is the PSN speeds. I'm on 30MB UPC line but get near dial up speeds sometimes when downloading from the PSN store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Thinking might download Oddworld Strangers Wrath 1st. Is it any good? What time of gameplay is it? Does it have anything to do with Oddworld Abe's Oddessy from a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Thinking might download Oddworld Strangers Wrath 1st. Is it any good? What time of gameplay is it? Does it have anything to do with Oddworld Abe's Oddessy from a few years back?

Its like an adventure game, think Jak and Daxter from the PS2 almost.

Its very highly recommended and was something of an overlooked gem when it was initially released. Its based on the same game world as Abe's Oddessy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

While the list this month is crazy value, I literally hut my head off the wall. I've been checking for the June content since the 1st (only on ps+ 2 months so don't kniw the schedule yet), but I didn't check for the last 2 days, and what did I go and buy (again) today? Darksiders. Sickened when I checked + 5 minutes ago. However, of the rest I only had inFamous 2, Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2. Now if only I didn't keep getting server errors I may be able to download them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone else having trouble getting into a game of Space marines.

either getting 0 games found or it finds games that i can't somehow join.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

While the list this month is crazy value, I literally hut my head off the wall. I've been checking for the June content since the 1st (only on ps+ 2 months so don't kniw the schedule yet), but I didn't check for the last 2 days, and what did I go and buy (again) today? Darksiders. Sickened when I checked + 5 minutes ago. However, of the rest I only had inFamous 2, Just Cause 2 and Saints Row 2. Now if only I didn't keep getting server errors I may be able to download them!

Seconded, Im getting plus tonight just for it. I think its cos of e3 maybe but it is great value. For some reason tonight i keep getting kicked out of the store saying its one maintenace. hopefully it will be fixed soon.

For anyone downloading InFamous 2, you'll need more than 15GB free to download and install it but15GB download will delete itself during the install.

Varik wrote: »
    For anyone downloading InFamous 2, you'll need more than 15GB free to download and install it but15GB download will delete itself during the install.

how big is space marines?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I think it was 10GB if I remember correctly....

Just realised that THQ are behind a lot of the games, Darksiders, Space marines, and Saints row 2 (US plus). THQ financial future is looking better.

I think it was 10GB if I remember correctly....

Install says 6GB, download may differ but won't be bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Probably mixing it up with one of the others I downloaded then.

After finishing the first side mission i got a pop up with TOS, the game allows you to have user generated content which may be inappropriate so they make you agree to it and then give few pop up after explaining some of the patched in new feature to go along with it.

This all happen while i was leaping from a building and then frozen mid air so that i could agree and press x a few dozen times.

Yeah Infamous 2 does that. I don't know why they didn't just have that at the beginning but I'm sure there was some legal reason. A minor nuisance in a great game

Stupid broadband cap. How long will this offers be on before they change?
    Just finished downloading Space marines. Now to infamous 2.

Think they said be rotating 2 games every 4 weeks, but Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 and Motorstorm are there for the year.

But as I said previously, as long as you've added them to our download list(as in wenthrough the checkout process for them in the Store) then you'll still be able to download them even after they're taken out of the offer. Which means you don't have to download them all right away. Once they're added to your download list, the only thing that would stop you playing them is not renewing your sub.

Infamous 2 installed as the Trial version. It stopped running after 60 minutes and is now expired :(

Don't want to have to download the 15GB again...

RangeR wrote: »
    Infamous 2 installed as the Trial version. It stopped running after 60 minutes and is now expired :(

The full game unlock is usually only a few kb in size, it's just an activation code. Feel free to download it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think they said be rotating 2 games every 4 weeks, but Infamous 2, Little Big Planet 2 and Motorstorm are there for the year.
    3 games every 4 weeks, if they can provide 3 games of the same quality as these every month I'll be happy.

• Advertisement

PSN down for me now.

PSN is down for all of us, maybe thats why your download hasnt activated to the full version.

Just wait til get back online :)

Yeah as RedXIV said, you just have to download the full game Unlock from the store. It's usually on the store right along with the one you downloaded. And there's a chance it has the option to unlock in the game itself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I really think this is going to change the way I buy and consume games. I'm really impressed with this move by Sony. I might never have played Outland, for example, if it wasn't for PlayStation Plus. The reason it impresses me so much now, as opposed to a year ago is the selection. inFamous 2 is now waiting for me once I finish the first. Happy days.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah as RedXIV said, you just have to download the full game Unlock from the store. It's usually on the store right along with the one you downloaded. And there's a chance it has the option to unlock in the game itself

Ok. There isn't actually an "unlock" for this game. When y ou run the game, it tries to authenticate itself [at least once] with PSN, rather than having to download an unlock key.

PSN was down for a while, so it couldn't do this.
    To add to this, the last time I played Infamous2 was as a Full Game trial that only runs for 60 minutes. Again, as PSN was down, it had no other proof of purchase. All it knew was that I was only entitled to the trial, which had already expired..

Everything was fine once the PSN came back up.

Ah cool! In that case, Enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Anyone know if Dino Crisis is or was on the PSN. I cant seem to come across it and i a game that i would like to play

Anyone know if Dino Crisis is or was on the PSN. I cant seem to come across it and i a game that i would like to play

Its on the US store alright.....don't think its on the EU one though?

Here you go

• Advertisement

Ah I loved the first one! wish it is on psn. The sequels were more than horrible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement