Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Taltos wrote: »
    Tried the original but reflexes don't make it a good match, might try it again at some point.

Yeah i had a few old man moments in it last night but i got it together to blitz a few levels out of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

irishmover wrote: »
    Too busy playing Plants v Zombies: Garden warfare.. Might get to the Plus games later in the month.

Surprised nobody on here is interested in PvZ. It's actually a brilliant game. Great fun.

Im thinking of getting it on the US store as it works out fairly cheap, looks like a good laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

irishmover wrote: »
    Too busy playing Plants v Zombies: Garden warfare.. Might get to the Plus games later in the month.

Surprised nobody on here is interested in PvZ. It's actually a brilliant game. Great fun.

It couldn't have come out at a worse time really, with diablo 3 and now destiny, it's a shame yeah.

CombatCow wrote: »
    It couldn't have come out at a worse time really, with diablo 3 and now destiny, it's a shame yeah.

I really want to get Diablo 3 but I think PvZ will be bought before it, let diablo come down in price and pick that up then :)

I have 0 interest in Destiny for some strange reason, i got the beta and all and never even fired it up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Played Hoard for about half an hour. Not my thing really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭ccull123

Anyone having problems playing online? Can't seem to play BF4 for the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

ccull123 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems playing online? Can't seem to play BF4 for the last hour.

Yeah can't download my cod mappack or any of the plus games, looks like it's due to the amount of people downloading Minecraft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

ccull123 wrote: »

The whole service is a cluster****. Seems to be back up for now though.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth should be free on Plus next month. It was confirmed by the developers a long time ago that it would be coming to Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth should be free on Plus next month. It was confirmed by the developers a long time ago that it would be coming to Plus.

Ya.. therefore you would also assume that Driveclub + edition will be the other game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

TxK and ps battle royal are fairly sweet on the vita, TxK soundtract is perfect for that game aswell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    TxK soundtract is perfect for that game aswell

Lasers everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    TxK and ps battle royal are fairly sweet on the vita, TxK soundtract is perfect for that game aswell

TxK can wait until I get Velocity done, although I'll probably just replay the entire thing again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

TxK is good fun. I bought it when it first came out. Handy for short bursts. Well suited to the Vita.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sportsfriends is absolutely fantastic. Finally got a friend over to give the three two player games a whirl and they're all great fun. Johann Sebastian Joust is just as good as expected :) And there's some great bonus features if you figure out the (easy) password hint in the JSJ menu, including some welcome cameos from recognisable indie game voices!

Long may the local multiplayer revival continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Is playstation battle royal for vita?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Is playstation battle royal for vita?

PS3 and Vita.

Driveclub + edition will be in addition to the other 2 plus games on PS4.

From gaf
    Elsewhere, Sony has confirmed that the PS Plus edition of DriveClub will not count as one of October's free games for the service. It will instead be a bonus on top of the planned PS Plus offerings for the month.

"Driveclub will be in addition to your regular PS Plus allocation," stated PS Blog manager Fred Dutton. "There's loads of content included. Do try it out: I think you'll have a great time with it, and at no additional cost to your wallet."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DriveClub PS+ Edition will release in addition to the regular PS+ allocation
    Elsewhere, Sony has confirmed that the PS Plus edition of DriveClub will not count as one of October's free games for the service. It will instead be a bonus on top of the planned PS Plus offerings for the month.

"Driveclub will be in addition to your regular PS Plus allocation," stated PS Blog manager Fred Dutton. "There's loads of content included. Do try it out: I think you'll have a great time with it, and at no additional cost to your wallet."

lvar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not as bad as I thought, but the file size is 17gb. You just need to D/L the first 3.5gb before you can start playing, then the rest D/L's in the background.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just looking through all the PSPlus games released so far and see a number of ones I have on disc. So was wodnering is there any advantage to playing the downloaded version instead of the disc, apart from the obvious of having to insert the disc? Like is it quicker load times?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Like is it quicker load times?

It will be quicker if you have an SSD installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No SSD. Have a 1TB drive in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Any rumours on what other games are coming to Plus? knack and Killzone can't be too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Otacon wrote: »
    It will be quicker if you have an SSD installed.

But much less than the speeds SSD's can chime out on a Desktop. It's faster than hybrid/HDD but not by enough to warrant spending the price of the PS4 on a 1TB SSD.

I got myself the 2TB Samsung M9T (Seagate 2TB backup plus slim and remove enclosure) will put that in, in the next couple of weeks. Bit of an effort right now! Largest 2.5" hard drive. Looked at the speed comparison and sure it's not the fastest but 2TB will last me a while. Outweighed having to replace a more expensive, but faster hard-drive in half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I still haven't bought a PS4 but would we think that its probably best just to replace the HDD straight away with something bigger? Best thing I ever did was upgrade my 40gb (yes I still have a launch version 40gb) PS3 HDD to a 500 gb HDD. With the way games are going now the downloads are only going to get bigger so 500 might not cut it for next gen.

On a related note, I wish Sony would competitively price games on the PS store. The other evening I got an urge to play Call of Duty, I had a look at Black Ops 2 on the store, 70 fecking quid! Its 25 on amazon. Had it even been 30 on the store I would have bought it. I really feel like they are missing a trick there, as if I could buy and directly download to my machine at decent prices that's where I would buy all my games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I still haven't bought a PS4 but would we think that its probably best just to replace the HDD straight away with something bigger? Best thing I ever did was upgrade my 40gb (yes I still have a launch version 40gb) PS3 HDD to a 500 gb HDD. With the way games are going now the downloads are only going to get bigger so 500 might not cut it for next gen.

On a related note, I wish Sony would competitively price games on the PS store. The other evening I got an urge to play Call of Duty, I had a look at Black Ops 2 on the store, 70 fecking quid! Its 25 on amazon. Had it even been 30 on the store I would have bought it. I really feel like they are missing a trick there, as if I could buy and directly download to my machine at decent prices that's where I would buy all my games.

Most definitely. Only thing I regret is not upgrading it instantly. 500gb is too small. I'm on a 200gb/mth download plan and thus will have to download over two months (or end of one month/turnover to next month) so not ideal at all. If I had done it from day one wouldn't have this issue. The size of AAA games these days is massive. Diablo 3, The last of us, Wolfenstein, Tomb Raider added to a few other games from PS+ and you're looking at 200GB gone already.

You can still use that 500gb as a desktop storage solution if you go with the hardrive I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It all depends. If you keep an eye out for sales you'll pick up some real bargains but yeah, the normal day to day prices and some of the games is a bit wtf at times. They did have a CoD sale a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Any rumours on what other games are coming to Plus? knack and Killzone can't be too far away.

When is the next game release due?

• Advertisement

Well it looks like we'll be getting The Binding of Issac and Driveclub + for PS4. So that's leaves 1 more game for PS4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement