Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Deedsie wrote: »
    When is the next game release due?

First Wednesday of the month, so Oct 1'st

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

CombatCow wrote: »
    First Wednesday of the month, so Oct 1'st

I am hoping for knack myself. I played a bit of it, wasn't great but wouldn't be bad either. I let my PSN sub expire was waiting for a good month of games before I renew it. I don't play online at all. When will they announce the games to be released on ps4 on October 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sure it's driveclub in October isn't it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

cloud493 wrote: »
    Sure it's driveclub in October isn't it

Drive Club is one of three to be released in October.

Developer mentioned Binding of Isaac for PS+, which leaves one other game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

F1ngers wrote: »
    Drive Club is one of three to be released in October.

Developer mentioned Binding of Isaac for PS+, which leaves one other game.

snake.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'd say a AAA game will be released on Plus in December for the Christmas market.

I'm hoping for Killzone myself as I got the Knack bundle. We shall see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

My guess? Killzone and Knack will be November's PS+ games and will last for a while like Uncharted did on the Vita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

dmcg90 wrote: »
    My guess? Killzone and Knack will be November's PS+ games and will last for a while like Uncharted did on the Vita.

Nah, they already said there will be no more yearly games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Nah, they already said there will be no more yearly games.

Not yearly in this case, I reckon for 3 months. It'd be a big draw for them and they're not really going to lose any sale for those games really given their recent performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I doubt Killzone will be as they are still releasing DLC for it even though its free DLC. Knack is pretty much a given. And maybe AC4 with Unity due out so soon. AC3 went to Plus fairly quickly but I suspect that was down to poor sales and reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I would actually say Killzone is a given for that exact reason.. it has a mix of free and paid for dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd happily give Killzone a 2nd chance if it came out on plus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Is this wishful thinking? Or did you hear rumours of a triple a game? I don't think we will see triple a till next year personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lads KZ is €13 in CEX . I got it for my cousin today.

Quick question, I had a PSN sub that I let expire a few months ago. I was waiting for knack or killzone or a game like that to come out on it before I renewed my sub. I had the game outlast when my sub was active but I deleted the game off my ps4 last week. Will I have to pay for outlast if I renew the sub or will it be free to download again?

Quick question, I had a PSN sub that I let expire a few months ago. I was waiting for knack or killzone or a game like that to come out on it before I renewed my sub. I had the game outlast when my sub was active but I deleted the game off my ps4 last week. Will I have to pay for outlast if I renew the sub or will it be free to download again?

It's free for as long as you are a member. When you re sub just select it from your download history. Once you had it at one stage you will always have it as a member unless it gets taken down from PSN for some reason. You can go back and get any free content you claimed at any time as a member. What you can't do is go back and try and get the free games for the months from when you let your sub lapse.

It's free for as long as you are a member. When you re sub just select it from your download history. Once you had it at one stage you will always have it as a member unless it gets taken down from PSN for some reason. You can go back and get any free content you claimed at any time as a member. What you can't do is go back and try and get the free games for the months from when you let your sub lapse.

Great stuff, hoping for at least one game that interests me in October release. When will we know what games are going to be released for PS4?

Great stuff, hoping for at least one game that interests me in October release. When will we know what games are going to be released for PS4?

Drive Club Plus edition is one. The others have not been confirmed or even leaked yet. There will be two other PS4 games in addition to DC. They will be announced next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Binding of Isaac is pretty much a definite too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HarryG1995

Just to clarify, im getting a PS4 and it looks like its cheaper to buy a uk playstation plus code. Just wondering if the trick to set the account up saying you are in the uk still works on the PS4 like it did on the ps3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

HarryG1995 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, im getting a PS4 and it looks like its cheaper to buy a uk playstation plus code. Just wondering if the trick to set the account up saying you are in the uk still works on the PS4 like it did on the ps3?

If your gonna do that ,then set up a US account...its far cheaper again,

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/2176331/ps4_how_to_buy_us_digital_psn_games.html

Looks like the plus games are going to be on the second Wednesday of october. So no announcement tomorrow as it usually is. That sucks cause I only finished velocity 2x yesterday and need to fill the void without spending 69.99 on a retail game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

iamtony wrote: »
    Looks like the plus games are going to be on the second Wednesday of october. So no announcement tomorrow as it usually is. That sucks cause I only finished velocity 2x yesterday and need to fill the void without spending 69.99 on a retail game.

What makes you think that?

What makes you think that?

Read it somewhere while looking for news on the games the problem is in the U.S. games are released on the first Tuesday of the month which won't be till the 7th but the first Wednesday is the 1st so it would mean us would be getting there games a week later than us so they put it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The EU PlayStation Blog Manager Fred Dutton confirmed that first batch of free PlayStation Plus content will go live on October 8, 2014 and official announcement along with full details on games might be made around October 1, 2014.
    "At present it looks like the next batch of Plus games will go live on October 8th, so look out for the announcement on or around October 1st."

Additionally, Fred clarified that upcoming PlayStation Plus Free Edition of DriveClub will be available in addition to free PS Plus Games in October 2014.

"Driveclub will be in addition to you regular PS Plus allocation. There's loads of content included. Do try it out – I think you'll have a great time with it, and at no additional cost to your wallet." said Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HarryG1995

If your gonna do that ,then set up a US account...its far cheaper again,

Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Any rumours on what the games will be, DC aside?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

.ak wrote: »

The Binding of Issac was mentioned by the developer as a PS+ game for October.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

.ak wrote: »

The blinding of Issac looks promising apparently

• Advertisement

I am relatively new to all of this so I hope someone with more experience might be able shine some light. I just finished the single player game of Ass Creed on the ps4 100%. Delighted with that, the problem is the DLC showing up on the trophy list. I have 92% of the trophy a for black flag, I need five more multiplayer trophies for platinum.

However this shows up as 71% as I don't have the DLC add ons purchased. Is there anyway to hide the add ons from view? Over time does the asking price of add ons decrease?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement