Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Arkham Asylum is a strange addition given Arkham City was given a little while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Chronicles of Mystara looks ok for old skool co op.
    http://youtu.be/3I2poY6lBMU

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is Driveclub only for this month or is it permanent? Would rather resub when there's a game I want. Already finished Batman, Dust and Spelunky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

;)
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Is Driveclub only for this month or is it permanent? Would rather resub when there's a game I want. Already finished Batman, Dust and Spelunky

Just download it off the store online, should be there waiting when you resub.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bit of an oddball month, AA is a fantastic game so well worth getting for anyone who missed it. Looking forward to playing Spelunky the demo was fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Just bought the PS4 today - was wondering where is the cheapest place you guys get your online pass from ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just bought the PS4 today - was wondering where is the cheapest place you guys get your online pass from ?

No way of getting it cheaper than the prices in the shops TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Last time I checked, Argos were the cheapest at €47.99. Only a two euro saving over other shops/PSN store, so mightn't be worth it if you've to go out of your way for an Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hey lads , cant find my free 14day trial anywhere . can someone guide me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Sorry if posted.. but any official games for PSN posted yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

jonny24ie wrote: »
    In summary

Leaving PS Plus:
    8th October: Velocity 2X
    8th October: Sportsfriends
    8th October: PlayStation Battle Royale
    8th October: Hoard
    8th October: TxK
    8th October: Joe Danger VITA

Entering PS Plus:
    8th October: Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
    8th / 10th October: DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition (PS4)
    8th October: Dust: An Elysian Tail (PS4)
    8th October: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3)
    8th October: Pix the Cat (PS Vita/PS4 Cross Buy)
    8th October: Rainbow Moon (PS Vita/PS3 Cross Buy)
    8th October: Spelunky (PS4/PS3/PS Vita Cross Buy)

Above

oh cool.. didn't know that was official.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

God Bless America!!! Finally setup an American account Thanks to some lads on here and got nba 2k15 for 48 euro, can preload it Sunday and play it Tuesday. Euro store online and shops can feck off with their 70 euro price tag and friday release. Beaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Jealous of anyone who hasn't played Arkham Asylum. Best of the Batman games, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Jealous of anyone who hasn't played Arkham Asylum. Best of the Batman games, IMO.

I had such low expectations of it that it blew my socks off completely. It left other super hero games with no excuses for pumping out crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭pah

Last time I checked, Argos were the cheapest at €47.99. Only a two euro saving over other shops/PSN store, so mightn't be worth it if you've to go out of your way for an Argos.

I was in Harvey Norman's kinsale road, Cork this evening. 90 day sub on sale for €9 so stacking 4 of them would see you 5 days short of a year for €36, not bad. didn't buy myself as I just renewed last week :rolleyes: they had 7 or 8 in the bin I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I've never played any of them so this is a great month for me. Hopefully it warms me up nicely for Batman on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    I've never played any of them so this is a great month for me. Hopefully it warms me up nicely for Batman on the PS4.

It's one of the games of the generation and by far the best Batman game IMO.

why oh why do the October Games not come out on the 1st of October... can someone please get Sony a calendar !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

60gb ps3 died Sunday but still have the a slim to give Arkham another go, anyone know how to get a disk out of a PS3 I'm not sure there is one in it or not.

Thought it was a had failure but it seems to be the more permanent kind.

Replacing the had didn't do anything but the very small silver lining is I've a 1tb drive to put in the PS4/slim (both 500gb).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Ps+ edition of driveclub has been put on hold for a while so we won't see that available, only the full digital and retail version of the game will be available from Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Varik wrote: »
    60gb ps3 died Sunday but still have the a slim to give Arkham another go, anyone know how to get a disk out of a PS3 I'm not sure there is one in it or not.

Thought it was a had failure but it seems to be the more permanent kind.

Replacing the had didn't do anything but the very small silver lining is I've a 1tb drive to put in the PS4/slim (both 500gb).

Turn off PS3 using the mains switch on the back . Make sure the led light on the front is off. Hold down the " EJECT " button and switch on the rear mains switch ...keep holding the Eject ...the disc will eject.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Turn off PS3 using the mains switch on the back . Make sure the led light on the front is off. Hold down the " EJECT " button and switch on the rear mains switch ...keep holding the Eject ...the disc will eject.

I couldn't get that to work when my PS3 died. It would shut down before the eject function could complete.

I had to blast the PS3's air fans with a hair dryer for 20 minutes to warm the boards up enough to get 10 seconds of life out of the machine in order to get my copy of FIFA back. :mad:

Gonzo wrote: »
    The Ps+ edition of driveclub has been put on hold for a while so we won't see that available, only the full digital and retail version of the game will be available from Friday.

Source ?.

Afaics ,its just a glitch thats gonna be sorted soon.

I couldn't get that to work when my PS3 died. It would shut down before the eject function could complete.

I had to blast the PS3's air fans with a hair dryer for 20 minutes to warm the boards up enough to get 10 seconds of life out of the machine in order to get my copy of FIFA back. :mad:

Yehh...but it did work :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Source ?.

Afaics ,its just a glitch thats gonna be sorted soon.

There delaying the PS+ version because they say server load would be too much for them. Bit of a joke imo after already delaying the game

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-08-sony-temporarily-holding-back-driveclubs-free-playstation-plus-edition

Also does anybody know what the ToS update was about? I heard its going to affect PS+ in some way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Anyone seeing this months games available to download yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EoinHef wrote: »
    Also does anybody know what the ToS update was about? I heard its going to affect PS+ in some way

Did you read it?
    That would tell you what it was about.

I didn't read it, went straight to accept - may have to give up my first born...:P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you read it?
    That would tell you what it was about.

I didn't read it, went straight to accept - may have to give up my first born...:P

No you are going to be the last person on the new Human Centipede :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

NeVeR wrote: »
    why oh why do the October Games not come out on the 1st of October... can someone please get Sony a calendar !! :D
    So the Americans who get there stuff on Tuesday's didn't have to wait a week longer than us. Personally I think it would of made up for all the other months we have to wait an extra day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement