Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you read it?
    That would tell you what it was about.

I didn't read it, went straight to accept - may have to give up my first born...:P

Tbh no i didnt,it was very late and i wanted to squeeze in an hour of Diablo before bed last night so didnt read it

Was only this morning i thought about it,might have a peek later and see what was introduced. Thought someone might be able to save me the hassle and give me the highlights:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

NeVeR wrote: »
    why oh why do the October Games not come out on the 1st of October... can someone please get Sony a calendar !! :D

So when do they come out? They are showing on

http://ie.playstation.com/playstationplus/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you read it?
    That would tell you what it was about

SweetBrown.jpg

Anyone any idea how long Driveclub is to be delayed? Bit of a pisstake at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

all the games are free now when you search for them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I think with Drive Club its extremely funny at this stage delayed a year and now the PSN + version of the game is also delayed LoL.

I also have a xbox one and picked up Forza Horizon 2 and my god it is maybe the best racing game i have ever played its just so much fun to play as there is so many different kinds of races to do in it. Has more cars then Drive Club and its also a full open world game and the game world is HUGE to make it better it has F all load times between races and you get to play it on the better controller that is the xbox one controller.

I am a sony fan boy and have been told countless times that i am one but the Sony 1st party games keep on disappointing me on the PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I am already addicted to Pix The Cat, it is like Chu Chu Rocket x Pac-Man DX x Acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Esterhase

Everything's coming up on the IGC page for me now.

Edit: Browser version of the store btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

I think with Drive Club its extremely funny at this stage delayed a year and now the PSN + version of the game is also delayed LoL.

I also have a xbox one and picked up Forza Horizon 2 and my god it is maybe the best racing game i have ever played its just so much fun to play as there is so many different kinds of races to do in it. Has more cars then Drive Club and its also a full open world game and the game world is HUGE to make it better it has F all load times between races and you get to play it on the better controller that is the xbox one controller.

I am a sony fan boy and have been told countless times that i am one but the Sony 1st party games keep on disappointing me on the PS4

Even the last of us? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

EoinHef wrote: »

Also does anybody know what the ToS update was about? I heard its going to affect PS+ in some way

its basically saying if you let your ps+ sub lapse then all previously purchased games (only free ones i presume) the license wont be renewed so ull be starting fresh with only whatever months games are free at that point,...gonna get me an extra years or sub soon..

me thinks Sony knows this is a good way to bring in extra bucks by having people payed up in advance

more here on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/2ikxx6/sony_have_amended_their_terms_of_service_did_you/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

[QUOTE=padz;92530725]its basically saying if you let your ps+ sub lapse then all previously purchased games (only free ones i presume) the license wont be renewed so ull be starting fresh with only whatever months games are free at that point,...gonna get me an extra years or sub soon..

me thinks Sony knows this is a good way to bring in extra bucks by having people payed up in advance

more here on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/2ikxx6/sony_have_amended_their_terms_of_service_did_you/[/QUOTE]

Where exactly does it say this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

padz wrote: »
    its basically saying if you let your ps+ sub lapse then all previously purchased games (only free ones i presume) the license wont be renewed so ull be starting fresh with only whatever months games are free at that point,...gonna get me an extra years or sub soon..

more here on reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/2ikxx6/sony_have_amended_their_terms_of_service_did_you/

Could be dangerous if your auto renewing..... Might buy a year in Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Where exactly does it say this?

sorry my mistake!! that was a previous update ages ago (link below) that referred to subs lapsing & content licenses not being renewed, i presume old ps+ content will still renew wit a new sub just as normal

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Online/sony-rolls-out-new-psn-terms-of-service-for-playstation-plus/

this new tos refers to being banned or kicked from psn for acting the idiot or messing with software,...im tryin to find the full text of the tos update myself

(iii)You comply with all applicable terms If you fail to comply with these terms of service, including any additional terms (see below), we may take action against you as explained below including banning you from the SEN. If banned, you will not be able to use services and/or products you have paid for and you will not be given a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

So for months now I've heard about Spelunky and how great its supposed to be. Installed it today, played it and it's exactly as I expected - complete and utter ****e. I've already deleted it again.

Would someone mind telling me what the appeal of that game is supposed to be because I really cannot understand the hype about it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm not sure I would call it hype. It's just a great solid and addictive game. Similar to the likes of hotline Miami where you learn from your mistakes and can get straight back into it to retry again.

I love it personally.. great game to pick up and play whenever I want.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DarkJager wrote: »
    Would someone mind telling me what the appeal of that game is supposed to be because I really cannot understand the hype about it all?

It's simple enough to pick up and play but it hides an incredible amount of depth and challenge. To this day people are still pulling off stunning feats that even the developer thought impossible. Like Dark Souls, it rewards patience and practice and punishes carelessness. As a piece of game design it's also a remarkable feat - its procedural level creation is of the best kind, with each new run throwing surprises at the player without ever feeling haphazard. It is complex coding with an artist's touch. A perfect mix between chaos, randomness and careful design.

Also, you get to be a little cartoon Indiana Jones like character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm having some issues with my Vita. If I try to download Joe Danger, it's charging me full price for the ps+ game. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'm having some issues with my Vita. If I try to download Joe Danger, it's charging me full price for the ps+ game. Any ideas?

Did you add it to your games last month?

If so just go to your download list on the vita and it should be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

No but when I go to PS plus on the Vita it brings me to JD along with other games, I presume they are the freebies. Otherwise there's no ps plus page to be found.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Are you sure it's charging you?
    When I click on the game, it has a price of €7.99, but it gives me the option to download, not purchase.

Check your download list, click on the Joe Danger game from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Even though these PS4 games are totally free they are not worth the time wasted to download them... utter pants PS+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

NeVeR wrote: »
    Even though these PS4 games are totally free they are not worth the time wasted to download them... utter pants PS+

I'm happy enough to try a few new games and replay Arkham Asylum for my €4 ish investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

sweetie wrote: »
    I'm happy enough to try a few new games and replay Arkham Asylum for my €4 ish investment.

Arkham Asylum is for PS3 no?

The PS4 games are akin to games I was playing on C64 and Amiga in the 1990s. they are ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If you were trying to download it after 12 noon yesterday without purchasing in the previous month then you would have missed the boat in terms of getting it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sweetie wrote: »

Tbf, Arkham Asylum is what you'd expect to appear on Games for Gold and they'd actually get to keep the game if they decide to stop subscribing to Xbox Live. I suppose after the massive run of games around the end of last year and the standard PSN set for themselves, some of the months this year have been a bit of a disappointment with the PS3 really suffering in terms of quality. I suppose it's only natural that they are going to be concentrating less on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

drumswan wrote: »
    Arkham Asylum is for PS3 no?

The PS4 games are akin to games I was playing on C64 and Amiga in the 1990s. they are ****e.

Are they ****e because they're not in super cool three-dimensional vision? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I defy anyone who thinks Dust : An Elysian Tale is pants. One guy made that game. ONE GUY

I defy anyone who thinks Dust : An Elysian Tale is pants. One guy made that game. ONE GUY

I couldn't care less if a goat made it, I don't judge a game by how many people it took to develop, the guy is obviously talented but he has produced a game that I have absolutely zero interest in.

• Advertisement

I think Contrast is the only free game I've enjoyed on the PS4 to be honest, the only one I actually finished anyway. I've no desire to go back to any of the others, most of them I played once to try out and never bothered with them again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement