Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tigger123 wrote: »
    Don't want to ignite a row or anything, but what's the story with Drive Club? Is it just the demo that's available on PS Plus? I thought it was the full game that we were gonna get?

It's like a restricted version of the full game:
    DriveClub will launch in two flavors: a PS Plus version, which will be free to download to all PS Plus members, and the regular retail version. The free PS Plus version includes a limited selection of cars, tracks, and features, while the regular version has everything included. PS Plus members will be able to upgrade to the full game for about half the price of the retail version (depending on territory).

http://ps4daily.com/2014/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-driveclub/

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Is there any way I can send films that I have downloaded on my laptop to my ps4 wirelessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

spider_pig wrote: »
    Yes it's just a demo that you can upgrade for €40, it's not available yet I couldn't find it today when I looked

Cheers, just had a look there and it's still unavailable.

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Is there any way I can send films that I have downloaded on my laptop to my ps4 wirelessly?

PS4 can't even play movies from a hard drive as far as I know. It's summit the PS3 could do but the PS4 can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Cheers, just had a look there and it's still unavailable.

It will not be available till they sort their servers out, they have been rolling out incremental server updates throughout the day, but they have to get the servers stable before you will see the demo.

• Advertisement

PS4 can't even play movies from a hard drive as far as I know. It's summit the PS3 could do but the PS4 can't.

Will it ever be possible?

Will it ever be possible?

As far as I know the PS3 couldn't play movies (from a hard drive) when it was first released, and the ability to do so was included as a patch/update after it's release. So yeah, it's possible and probable.

Why they didn't include it in the first place I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Grayditch wrote: »
    If they gave Need For Speed away as the first major title, I'd be very impressed!

I'd be delighted. I held off buying it.

How come theres no demo for DriveClub on the ps4 store?

How come theres no demo for DriveClub on the ps4 store?

It's been delayed indefinitely till Evolution sort out their server issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Xenji wrote: »
    It's been delayed indefinitely till Evolution sort out their server issues.

the ps plus edition shows up for me on the irish store

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    the ps plus edition shows up for me on the irish store

That's only the upgrade to the plus version, it'll get you the full game but it's the free plus version people are waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Poor showing on the ps plus front this month I think, hope there's a game I can really get stuck into next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Xyo wrote: »
    Poor showing on the ps plus front this month I think, hope there's a game I can really get stuck into next month.

batman the ps3 is a quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

is drive club available as an offline demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

phobia2011 wrote: »
    is drive club available as an offline demo?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭phill106

You can setup a plex server on your laptop, I tried it and it worked well
    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/185896-how-to-use-your-ps4-as-a-media-streamer-without-dlna
    I see playstation tv seems to be able to do similar in the future too.
    Cant find post but saw it the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Went to check how much time I've still got, and I've another year of plus on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

What browser do you guys use to navigate the store? I can't get it to work at all in Chrome and in Firefox it hangs every few minutes and I need to refresh. It is very annoying.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    What browser do you guys use to navigate the store? I can't get it to work at all in Chrome and in Firefox it hangs every few minutes and I need to refresh. It is very annoying.

I use Chrome and have never had an issue, you have everything up to date like flash and java?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Xyo wrote: »

3 free games on PS4 and also DriveClub when that comes so I can't really complain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Xenji wrote: »
    I use Chrome and have never had an issue, you have everything up to date like flash and java?

I thought so but I'll check and update if necessary. Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Is there any way to backup the games you download from sen? my itnernet connection is too slow to redownload a game and i have a small hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

tommybc wrote: »
    Is there any way to backup the games you download from sen? my itnernet connection is too slow to redownload a game and i have a small hdd

Nope, if you did then you could just burn them to disc and sell on. Buy a bigger HDD maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

van_beano wrote: »
    Nope, if you did then you could just burn them to disc and sell on. Buy a bigger HDD maybe?

You can back up your Vita games onto a hard drive if you so choose - I'd imagine they have DRM sorted to stop you selling them on. You used to be able to do it with the PS3 iirc but I think now you can only copy an image of the entire disk to a hard drive as backup. Don't think you can do it with PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

You can back up your Vita games onto a hard drive if you so choose - I'd imagine they have DRM sorted to stop you selling them on. You used to be able to do it with the PS3 iirc but I think now you can only copy an image of the entire disk to a hard drive as backup. Don't think you can do it with PS4.

I suppose it goes back to the old debate of - if PSN ever went belly up what happens everyone's digital purchases.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Did that for vita but sold it, i was gonna get ps tv but can you backup the vita games on that like you can with the vita?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Got to say, I am finding Arkham Asylum pretty boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

gimmick wrote: »
    Got to say, I am finding Arkham Asylum pretty boring.

Stick with it. There are some amazing moments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, I have heard too many good reports to walk away from it. It just hasn't grabbed me yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement