Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just played a decent bit of the PSP Mini Velocity, its well worth a go, probably the best mini I've played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

mise wrote: »
    Just played a decent bit of the PSP Mini Velocity, its well worth a go, probably the best mini I've played

Agreed, excellent game and a decent price. Great for perfectionists :D

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

virtua fighter 5 (meh)
    oddworld hd strangers wrath
    warhammer spacemarines
    little big planet 2
    darksiders (:cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

My PS Plus expired so I was checking to see if I could still play any of the games I had downloaded through it for free:
    Space Marine - No
    Awesomenauts - Yes
    Ricochet HD - Yes
    Streets of Rage 2 - No
    Velocity - No
    Shift 2 - No
    Shank 2 - Yes
    Trine 2 - Yes
    Silent Hill - No
    Burnout Paradise - No

So going by that list, for the price of a 3 month sub I got 4 PSN games to keep. It looks like if they're PSN exclusive(as in not retail, minis or old releases eg Streets of Rage) then they don't need the Plus sub to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

CastorTroy wrote: »
    My PS Plus expired so I was checking to see if I could still play any of the games I had downloaded through it for free:
    Space Marine - No
    Awesomenauts - Yes
    Ricochet HD - Yes
    Streets of Rage 2 - No
    Velocity - No
    Shift 2 - No
    Shank 2 - Yes
    Trine 2 - Yes
    Silent Hill - No
    Burnout Paradise - No

So going by that list, for the price of a 3 month sub I got 4 PSN games to keep. It looks like if they're PSN exclusive(as in not retail, minis or old releases eg Streets of Rage) then they don't need the Plus sub to play them.
    Do any of the files have an expiration date associated with them? Hit triangle on the game on the xmb and it should be under information i think.

• Advertisement

They don't. Only the ones not working have the expiration date on them. I checked a couple weeks ago and assumed the 4 games shouldn't be affected by the sub running out so now I know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Space Marine - No
    Awesomenauts - Yes
    Ricochet HD - Yes
    Streets of Rage 2 - No
    Velocity - No
    Shift 2 - No
    Shank 2 - Yes
    Trine 2 - Yes
    Silent Hill - No
    Burnout Paradise - No

Still a good deal tho, too bad you lost some of your games.

Yeah think the 3 month sub is about the price of 2 PSN games so works out a good deal. As for the others, I'll resubscribe sometime in the future

Add me on PSN "JaxDasher" since psn+ users get the same games Im up for playing them online with more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Space Marine - No
    Awesomenauts - Yes
    Ricochet HD - Yes
    Streets of Rage 2 - No
    Velocity - No
    Shift 2 - No
    Shank 2 - Yes
    Trine 2 - Yes
    Silent Hill - No
    Burnout Paradise - No

When mine expired + i tried this, those listed reverted to the trial/demo versions as the expiration was on the "full game unlock" key......you sure this wasn't the same for you?

• Advertisement

When mine expired + i tried this, those listed reverted to the trial/demo versions as the expiration was on the "full game unlock" key......you sure this wasn't the same for you?

Ah yeah, looks like you're right. I was just going by the fact that I could get into those games while the others simply didn't even load the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Really enjoying Outland, it was a massive surprise for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Really enjoying Outland, it was a massive surprise for me.

One of the games of last year for me and the closest thing to a new Turrican we've seen in years.

I had a year sub to PS+ before selling my PS3 after it expired. I'm getting another one now along with another PS+ sub but does anyone know if the PS+ games I'd downloaded in the past will be there for me to download again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

One of the games of last year for me and the closest thing to a new Turrican we've seen in years.

I had a year sub to PS+ before selling my PS3 after it expired. I'm getting another one now along with another PS+ sub but does anyone know if the PS+ games I'd downloaded in the past will be there for me to download again?

Sony official answer to this is "maybe"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Anything you downloaded is in the history linked to your PSN ID so it should still be there so long as it's on the PSN store it records that you have bought it at one point and or downloaded it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Anything you downloaded is in the history linked to your PSN ID so it should still be there so long as it's on the PSN store it records that you have bought it at one point and or downloaded it.

He specifically mentioned after signing up again for PS+ after his first sub expired. Sony have always been cagey about this. The best they have ever given is that downloads MIGHT work after a re-subbed expire. But no guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Just started a 3 month subscription, i was pleasantly surprised at the price with plenty games to download. Thought I'd try little big planet 2 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

its great! i just subscribed and have downloaded 8 games in 4 days....like warhammer but getting repetitive now....currently started darksiders and reminds me alot of GOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

I'm looking for some help with the 3.30 second run that you need to complete before the catapults blow up Setkos building. the furthest I got is about half way up the conveyor belf before dying/running out of time. Anyone have any tips or suggestions for getting through this??

Question about PSN+ subscription.
    I have 3 months right now and if it renews will it take from my PSN wallet or my Credit card? I have the auto-purchase on on purpose. Say I have 5 euro on my psn wallet will it deduct that then 10 from my credit card?
    Can I purchase another 3 months now in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Question about PSN+ subscription.
    I have 3 months right now and if it renews will it take from my PSN wallet or my Credit card? I have the auto-purchase on on purpose. Say I have 5 euro on my psn wallet will it deduct that then 10 from my credit card?
    Can I purchase another 3 months now in advance?

I would imagine they will charge the CC.
    Can't imagine them touching the money in your wallet.

Since you're going to renew, you may aswell get it for the year.
    Cheaper the subscribing every three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Just ordered a year subscription today, already got a load of free games to keep me going for a few months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got Space Marine thanks to this

ITs got to be one of the worst games i have ever played all it is go to next stage kill orcs

Orcs say its space marines every 10 s Why ?

All so i don't get why there all english ?

Would you prefer I they spoke Dutch? (^ー^)ノ

Games Workshop is an English company, and the orcs have usually had English accents in computer games.

The game is a little repetitive, but very faithful to the Wahammer 40k franchise.

I personally didn't mind as I played it in short 30 minute stints, just like darksiders and God of War.

Plus the sound.....the sound in Space Marine is excellent.

But its not for everyone I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I thought it was great. Had a huge amount of fun with it. I guess maybe it's slightly repetitive however I find killing waves and waves of Orks to be immensely satisfying.

I do find it strange that the Orks are all Cockneys though.

I had fun with it too. There was abit of freedom on what weapons you could take with you. I always carried the hammer lol. And Jetpack missions help keep the singleplayer varied.
    Ive played other 40k game so the cockney orcs are a norm to me.

Multiplayer wise tho the maps arent that imaginative the biggest appeal to me was the faithful and extensive customisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Finished playing Oddworld Strangers Wrath last night. Have to say a really enjoyable game and would recommend it to everyone.

Quick Question: Would it be necessary to get playstation move/light gun to play Resident Evil : The Chronicles bundle pack on PSN. I don't have either and am contemplating getting the game but dont want to waste my 25e if it really requires additional peripherals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got to love boards.ie

I say i game is crap everyone britches about me saying its crap and they all love that game

Yes where did the orcs begin to sound like there english where on a new plant why are they not speaking there own language ????

Gears is notting like this. Gears 1,2,3 are classic games not this there is a reason is free on PSN and why THQ are basically gone because its a crap game

Boards.ie is getting worse by the day anything i say is never right LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got to love boards.ie

I say i game is crap everyone britches about me saying its crap and they all love that game

Yes where did the orcs begin to sound like there english where on a new plant why are they not speaking there own language ????

Gears is notting like this. Gears 1,2,3 are classic games not this there is a reason is free on PSN and why THQ are basically gone because its a crap game

1 maybe
    2 no
    3 is right out

• Advertisement

Got to love boards.ie

Aww don't be like that, I'm really interested in what you have to say! :)

wonkasmall.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement