Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

jonny24ie wrote: »
    My local one does alright :)

great!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

MarkY91 wrote:
    i know this isnt a ps+ question but do do xtravision sell a 50 and a 20 euro psn card?

hmv do so they should too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've seen them in Argos and Tesco as well and if looking for PS+ sub, the 365 day sub is 47.99 in Argos. And if anyone charges you more than the price of the credit, go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

While we're in Xtravision Mode, when do ye think they'll start renting games for the new consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

nocoverart wrote: »
    Dust is beautiful!

It really is. Only played about an hour of it so far and it's one of the prettiest games I've ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The November games should be announced tomorrow. Anyone read anything online about any of the games to be featured, besides the Binding of Isaac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

The November games should be announced tomorrow. Anyone read anything online about any of the games to be featured, besides the Binding of Isaac?

people looking for knack or killzone, it isn't going to happen. Don't think tis going to be much different than previous months. Think the big news is the 2.0 FW update coming soon

http://www.gamepur.com/news/16725-ps-plus-free-game-nov-2014-dont-expect-aaa-retail-games-ps3-or-ps4-more.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hope its Knack or Killzone so I can change sides and be one of the ones complaining about the low quality of PS+ releases for a change :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Oh sounds promising:

"You have to remember that November is the Sony's special month," Hallels reminds. "That is why there is a great chance that gamers would acquire better or more games."
    Although it's not very clear yet which PlayStationPlus games will be offered for free in November, it appears one of them is "The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth," the site said.

Read more: http://www.latinospost.com/articles/39925/20141027/ps4-ps-plus-free-games-november-2014-more-better-titles.htm#ixzz3HRSpT6AB

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

I just purchased Persona on Vita off Amazon. I expect it to be that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

R.F. wrote: »
    I just purchased Persona on Vita off Amazon. I expect it to be that

then why'd you buy it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Going to go for Assassin's Creed 4, Binding of Issac and Driveclub PS+ as the games for November on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hoping for knack or Killzone myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Deedsie wrote: »
    Hoping for knack or Killzone myself.

I'd prefer one of those but I think there's a decent chance Assassin's creed 4 will come, XB1 will have a Unity/Black flag console bundle so maybe Black flag will be flogged onto Plus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Black Flag was the first game released on the PS4 here. It was released two working days before the console itself so a good chance of it I think, unless Ubi have a deal on with MS that prevents Sony from any type of deal for the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I am so sick of Sony at this stage. Their customer care is ****,the service is **** and Driveclub is ****. What a fookin disaster the last few months have been for them. The ball is firmly back in Xbone territory for the holiday season as everyone I know is bitching about Sony problems... what a bunch of fuktards Sony are to let this happen. Someone needs to get the chop very fast. From a company that was so far ahead 3 months ago ,to this disgrace of a subscription service.

Shame on Sony.

Ohh...and I'm payed up to PS+ for another yr in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I am so sick of Sony at this stage. Their customer care is ****,the service is **** and Driveclub is ****. What a fookin disaster the last few months have been for them. The ball is firmly back in Xbone territory for the holiday season as everyone I know is bitching about Sony problems... what a bunch of fuktards Sony are to let this happen. Someone needs to get the chop very fast. From a company that was so far ahead 3 months ago ,to this disgrace of a subscription service.

Shame on Sony.

I'm just amazed people can get so emotional over things like this, cop on it's a gaming system!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm just amazed people can get so emotional over things like this, cop on it's a gaming system!

I do agree the drive club thing is a mess but I wouldn't be ranting and raving about it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Black Flag was the first game released on the PS4 here. It was released two working days before the console itself so a good chance of it I think, unless Ubi have a deal on with MS that prevents Sony from any type of deal for the next month or so.

I'd say Black Flag will almost definitely be in next month's lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Shame on Sony.

The ball is back in xbone territory?.. Youd swear their were no issues at all with the xbox..

Its down tonight becuase they released a brand new syatem update.. Its slightly understandable surely?

Havent really had any massive.problems other than the more than occasional scheduled maintenance.. But the system.is still in an early period, so many new games out between now and xmas which actually run at 1080p, and 2 free games a month..

Could be an awful lot worse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

bennyl10 wrote: »
    T2 free games a month

To be fair, so does the Xbox now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

iamtony wrote: »

I have payed for a subscription service that is not supplying me with the service I payed for. I bought a launch day console because of Driveclub . I am very ,very dissapointed with the games lineup since halfway through this yr ... and the ones before that where multi platform games (Wolfenstein...and thats all I liked) Tlou was a rehashed PS3 cash cow ...and not for me. I have played my Vita far,far,far more in the last yr than my PS4 ,even my PS3 got more use.

I have every right to be pissed off with the shambles that the PS promise has turned into.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have payed for a subscription service that is not supplying me with the service I payed for. I bought a launch day console because of Driveclub . I am very ,very dissapointed with the games lineup since halfway through this yr ... and the ones before that where multi platform games (Wolfenstein...and thats all I liked) Tlou was a rehashed PS3 cash cow ...and not for me. I have played my Vita far,far,far more in the last yr than my PS4 ,even my PS3 got more use.

I have every right to be pissed off with the shambles that the PS promise has turned into.

You are disappointed with the games, you did do some research into what games would be available at launch and 12 months after before choosing to get a a PS4, it is not Sonys fault your disappointed and it is not Sonys fault either about Driveclub, it is Evolutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

nocoverart wrote: »
    While we're in Xtravision Mode, when do ye think they'll start renting games for the new consoles?

The xtravision vending machines do already.

COYVB wrote: »
    I'd say Black Flag will almost definitely be in next month's lineup

Wait for people then to starting giving out about the 22 gig download and the other 3 gig of patches even though its a free game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Xenji wrote: »
    Wait for people then to starting giving out about the 22 gig download and the other 3 gig of patches even though its a free game.

And those who have already got the platinum trophy for it :-)

Really don't want it to be black flag, but I'd take that ahead of the indie stuff. It's not for me.

When will the announcement for next month be made?

Deedsie wrote: »
    And those who have already got the platinum trophy for it :-)

Really don't want it to be black flag, but I'd take that ahead of the indie stuff. It's not for me.

When will the announcement for next month be made?

Tomorrow after lunch sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

It's going to get interesting when retail
    games start coming up on Plus for the PS4, hoping to get games you don't have already and that little swear when one you have is announced.

Come on Killzone! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have any of the AAA games that they could give, so I'd rather more indies and smaller new games or they release the Planetside 2 beta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Xenji wrote: »
    You are disappointed with the games, you did do some research into what games would be available at launch and 12 months after before choosing to get a a PS4, it is not Sonys fault your disappointed and it is not Sonys fault either about Driveclub, it is Evolutions.

Sony own evolution studios,so i would say yes its there fault.Saying otherwise is just plain wrong imo. Surely the fact they own the studio it should have made them privy to the state of the game. Sure it was Sony who decided to delay the game not Evolution.

Seems Sony can do no wrong in some peoples eyes,probably should really have expected that in the Playstation forum though in fairness:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement