Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

EoinHef wrote: »
    Sony own evolution studios,so i would say yes its there fault.Saying otherwise is just plain wrong imo. Surely the fact they own the studio it should have made them privy to the state of the game. Sure it was Sony who decided to delay the game not Evolution.

Seems Sony can do no wrong in some peoples eyes,probably should really have expected that in the Playstation forum though in fairness:)

My Wii U can do nothing wrong in my eyes, my PS4 has had no issues besides the left thumb stick wearing away and if I used my PS plus subscription for playing online and not just for the IGC I would probably be annoyed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sure it was Sony who decided to delay the game not Evolution.

Seems Sony can do no wrong in some peoples eyes,probably should really have expected that in the Playstation forum though in fairness:)

Yeah Sony delayed it because they didn't think it was up to scratch and they were very right. Better than EA putting the gun to DICE's head and forcing BF4 to launch as a broken game that took months to fix.

Evolution had a troubled developmet cycle with Drive Club from the start with key staff walking away from the project and the game being nearly rebuilt after E3 2013.

Look at Forza 5, MS pushed Turn 10 to make it a launch title and Turn 10 knew they didn't have enough time to get all their content up to next gen standard so the end result was a half finished game with less content that the last version. Turn 10 in fairness would only release content that was up to their standard and not do a GT on it with 400 cars imported from the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Yeah Sony delayed it because they didn't think it was up to scratch and they were very right. Better than EA putting the gun to DICE's head and forcing BF4 to launch as a broken game that took months to fix.

Im all for games being delayed till there ready. I would say its taken almost a year to fix BF4. Nobody wants buggy games.

Problem is Driveclub was delayed and it still isnt ready. Its missing features to be patched in and all the sever trouble is well documented. And thats without even mentioning the PS+ version,or lack of one should i say.

Im reasonably happy with my PS4 despite some of its issues. But that does not mean i think Sony or PS4 should be immune to criticism.

EDIT: To address the second part of your post

Would another delay not have been a better idea then? I would prefer if they had pushed it back further again to make sure(Especially as they decided to have a ps+ version) it was ready

Im aware of the games troubled development,as were Sony. Delaying it a year and all we end up with is no PS+ version and a game lacking intended features and online troubles. Thats very poor on Sony's side imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Something's odd here, I play PS4 everyday with 30mb UPC and I've never had a problem. I've had it from launch also.

I really think it's peoples connections rather than the PS network, as some people on here seem to have problems everyday.

Also I don't understand how you can moan about €50 for a years subscription in which ive recieved over 24 games. That's 0.13c per day, for over 24 games with hardly any network issues.

I'd really wish everyone would stop moaning about xbox has this feature and this update etc etc

I spend 99% of my time on PS4 playing games, I don't need a media centre or an MP3 player or whatever else people say xbox has and sony doesn't, play games and use the other 20 devices in your home to do everything other than gaming.

PS4 was built and sold as a gaming console, that's exactly why I bought it. If you wanted it for anything other than gaming then your better off with the inferior gaming (1080p etc) console that's the xbox one as it is predominantly sold as a "All In One".

Xenji wrote: »
    My Wii U can do nothing wrong in my eyes, my PS4 has had no issues besides the left thumb stick wearing away and if I used my PS plus subscription for playing online and not just for the IGC I would probably be annoyed as well.

Im in a similar boat.

Im not a fan of IGC at the moment,i do feel that could change though. And may also have a lot to do with also playing on PC,having already played a few of the games on PC before they went on IGC. So i try not to criticise it too much with the above in mind. Its obviously a service that is great for many,games just havent been for me or a bit dated imo.

But unscheduled PSN downtime,slow download speeds,IM not working properly,friends lists taking an eternity to load etc etc is very poor from a paid service imo. And i would have zero problem with anybody having a go at Sony for these problems.

At the end of the day unless they receive feedback/criticism they wont change. And that does not help anybody,if it takes people having a go at them to sort out the online im all for it. Personally have not had a lot of these problems but ive seen enough problems to realise there are issues that need sorting.

Admittedly none of this is an issue for you so i can understand you point of view as well

• Advertisement

Something's odd here, I play PS4 everyday with 30mb UPC and I've never had a problem. I've had it from launch also.

I really think it's peoples connections rather than the PS network, as some people on here seem to have problems everyday.

Also I don't understand how you can moan about €50 for a years subscription in which ive recieved over 24 games. That's 0.13c per day, for over 24 games with hardly any network issues.

I'd really wish everyone would stop moaning about xbox has this feature and this update etc etc

I spend 99% of my time on PS4 playing games, I don't need a media centre or an MP3 player or whatever else people say xbox has and sony doesn't, play games and use the other 20 devices in your home to do everything other than gaming.

PS4 was built and sold as a gaming console, that's exactly why I bought it. If you wanted it for anything other than gaming then your better off with the inferior gaming (1080p etc) console that's the xbox one as it is predominantly sold as a "All In One".

Without trying to get into a debate about PS+(you can see my feelings on it in the post below yours)i will say one thing,a game that i have no interest in playing or owning has zero value for me. They could give me twice as many games and if i didnt like any there would be no value there for me. So i would suggest the value of the service would differ based on whos evaluating it.

That said i have enjoyed one or two of the plus games this year,just have not been overly impressed with it viewed over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Without trying to get into a debate about PS+(you can see my feelings on it in the post below yours)i will say one thing,a game that i have no interest in playing or owning has zero value for me. They could give me twice as many games and if i didnt like any there would be no value there for me. So i would suggest the value of the service would differ based on whos evaluating it.

That said i have enjoyed one or two of the plus games this year,just have not been overly impressed with it viewed over the year

Then dont renew your sub next year. Simple. No service is ever going to meet everybodies needs, particularly in gaming. Clearly you're one of the people it doesn't appeal to.

You've paid your money to reaise its not for you. Fair enough. But don't go round telling everyone its a terrible service just because its not for you.

If you could hardly find any games that interest you since the PS4 launched then maybe console gaming is not for you either. I've been through a lot of games on my PS4 and will be upgrading my HDD now because of it.

Where I'm living I never notice any of these issues people have with PSN so I'm very happy with my console. Can understand frustrations for some if its not working though.

Maybe consider giving an Xbox One a go then if you're not happy. It might cater to you better than the PS4 has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Surely you notice the issues when Sony take it offline, like tonight?

irishmover wrote: »
    Then dont renew your sub next year. Simple. No service is ever going to meet everybodies needs, particularly in gaming. Clearly you're one of the people it doesn't appeal to.

You've paid your money to reaise its not for you. Fair enough. But don't go round telling everyone its a terrible service just because its not for you.

If you could hardly find any games that interest you since the PS4 launched then maybe console gaming is not for you either. I've been through a lot of games on my PS4 and will be upgrading my HDD now because of it.

Where I'm living I never notice any of these issues people have with PSN so I'm very happy with my console. Can understand frustrations for some if its not working though.

Maybe consider giving an Xbox One a go then if you're not happy. It might cater to you better than the PS4 has.

Im hardly going around telling everyone that its a bad service,can you quote me telling everyone its a bad service? Ive a feeling you made that up. Ive stated MY opinion on it and have acknowledged that for some its a great service. If you had bothered to read any of my above posts you would have seen that.

Plus is required for MP so its needed,not having the sub is not an option. If there was a reduced sub for just online MP i would gladly take that and leave the IGC to the people who value it.

If you have had no problems,great for you. But some people are clearly having issues including myself the odd time.

I really dont understand how affected people can get over criticism of Sony/PSN/IGC. People have every right to critique the service. Especially if said service has issues and is paid for. But maybe we should all just shut up and take whatever were givin....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm one of the lucky few that very rarely encounters any issues but that is probably down to my limited gaming time. Like others, I haven't exactly been bowled over by the games in the IGC but in saying that, for the price of one high profile title, its nice to get exposure to a lot of other types of games. I would never have bought Resogun and I love it now, and Dust was a delightful game.

However, I do think that the online servers are a bit of a shambles. And this is as someone who doesn't play online. In dealing with web services in work, anything other than 99.9% uptime is considered unacceptable, and I've seen frantic patching in work and that's what PSN seems to be doing. Regular maintenance really shouldn't be needed, unless they are migrating a lot of stuff to always on machines, but even then they shouldn't need to kill PSN to do it.

I can empathize with those getting annoyed, I would too if I was an online gamer, I just have the luxury of noting all this objectively while playing my single player games once or twice a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Im hardly going around telling everyone that its a bad service,can you quote me telling everyone its a bad service? Ive a feeling you made that up. Ive stated MY opinion on it and have acknowledged that for some its a great service. If you had bothered to read any of my above posts you would have seen that.

Plus is required for MP so its needed,not having the sub is not an option. If there was a reduced sub for just online MP i would gladly take that and leave the IGC to the people who value it.

If you have had no problems,great for you. But some people are clearly having issues including myself the odd time.

I really dont understand how affected people can get over criticism of Sony/PSN/IGC. People have every right to critique the service. Especially if said service has issues and is paid for. But maybe we should all just shut up and take whatever were givin....

I'm not affected whatsoever, your criticism is relatively useless here,

I am in opposite land, most of the downtime is while I'm asleep. Hence why I'm not affected. Maybe id have a similar opinion if i was in the EU but im not, i can understand why you'd be annoyed. My post was not telling you that you shouldn't be criticising the service it was more pointing out that if its a service you dont enjoy, then, don't subscribe. It really is that simple. If enough people dont enjoy it and unsubscribe, and also post on the PlayStation forums where they actually have PS representatives then maybe you could see the service moving to how you want it to be.

Posting about how much you are annoyed with the service, even explaining why you are on this forum will do nothing for you.

Unsubscribe if you've that much gripe with it. Buy an Xbox and see if that fits your needs better (I'm being serious by the way).

I find it pretty ludicrous how people use the 'if you bothered to read my post' line. Of course I read one single sentence randomly in your post and wrote a paragraph on said sentence, explaining how you made it up.

I do understand why you're unhappy with the service, but you will not get anything fixed discussing it with people on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

But you're not pointing this feedback or criticism in the right direction. If you've an issue with Sony talk to Sony. If you've an issue with PS+ then talk to Sony. you're ranting at us and we have the right to reply if we don't agree. That isn't people being "affected" it's a natural right or reply and how forums work.

Personally I don't even own a PS4 because PS+ was never going to be strong that first year and because the first 12-18 months of a console are always going to be slow. Anyone who has lived through a few new generations of machines could have seen that surely? I've another few months of free PS3 games that Sony have given me for next to nothing before upgrading becomes worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's PSN, not people's connection. You just have to go onto twitter and search for #PSNDOWN to see that it's affecting loads of people. Daily is a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems, at least recently anyway, it is down at some stage at least once a week.

PS+ is no longer about the games anymore, it is now a requirement to play online. And guess what, some people just don't care about Don't Starve, or Mercenary Kings etc. All they want to do is play a bit of Fifa online or Destiny (one of the biggest release this year) when they get home from work/school. And with PSN, that simply has not been possible far too many times recently.

Honestly, as somebody who works in the games industry, if we had a game which had an always online requirement and it was down as much as PSN, people would be out of a job fast. It's simply not acceptable, an uptime of 99.9% is expected as another poster has already said.

I hope for Sony's sake, they don't share that viewpoint.

Some good deals to be had this week.

Metro 2033 Redux (PS4) – Was £15.99/€19.99/$29.95, now £10.49/€13.29/$19.55

Metro Redux (PS4) – Was £29.99/€39.99/$54.95, now £19.99/€26.99/$40.95

Metro Last Light Redux (PS4) – Was £15.99/€19.99/$29.95, now £10.49/€13.29/$19.55

Towerfall Ascension (PS4) – Was £11.49/€13.99/$20.95, now £5.79/€6.99/$10.45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwK8iKqUmE#t=109

PS4
    The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
    SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt

PS3
    Frozen Synapse Prime
    Luftrausers

Vita
    The Hungry Horde
    Escape Plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Looking forward to trying this months PS4 game with randomly generated mines, last months was such a rush

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Whether you like the games or not is subjective, but nobody can deny that ps+ is not the same beast it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's is a lot of games for my vita.

Can't wait to check out Steamworld, Binding of Isaac and Luftrausers on it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frozen Synapse, Luftrausers and Steamworld Dig are all fantastic games, some real treats in store for those who haven't played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Frozen Synapse, Luftrausers and Steamworld Dig are all fantastic games, some real treats in store for those who haven't played them.

How many people will even give them a look and give out because theyre not AAA releases is another issue. I've had 3 friends give out to me so far and its berely been 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

How many people will even give them a look and give out because theyre not AAA releases is another issue. I've had 3 friends give out to me so far and its berely been 10 minutes

To be fair I'd never even heard of either of the PS3 games. Pretty pleased to hear that they're decent though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Wow blown away by this months Ps4 titles....said nobody ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Im happy with most of that i already have steamworld dig. I cant see knack, killzone or infamus going ps plus as playstation releasing console bundle with killzone, knack and infamous. But i am surprised they have nothing "special" this month as ps4 out a year this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Metro Redux seems like a good deal for this week. I'll pick that up. PS Plus is a tad disappointing. Mine ran out last month, and I'll probably hold off on renewing for the moment. I'm not playing any of the games I previously had on it anyways right now, and I already own the best game on that list (Steamworld Dig).

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm not affected whatsoever, your criticism is relatively useless here,

I am in opposite land, most of the downtime is while I'm asleep. Hence why I'm not affected. Maybe id have a similar opinion if i was in the EU but im not, i can understand why you'd be annoyed. My post was not telling you that you shouldn't be criticising the service it was more pointing out that if its a service you dont enjoy, then, don't subscribe. It really is that simple. If enough people dont enjoy it and unsubscribe, and also post on the PlayStation forums where they actually have PS representatives then maybe you could see the service moving to how you want it to be.

Posting about how much you are annoyed with the service, even explaining why you are on this forum will do nothing for you.

Unsubscribe if you've that much gripe with it. Buy an Xbox and see if that fits your needs better (I'm being serious by the way).

I find it pretty ludicrous how people use the 'if you bothered to read my post' line. Of course I read one single sentence randomly in your post and wrote a paragraph on said sentence, explaining how you made it up.

I do understand why you're unhappy with the service, but you will not get anything fixed discussing it with people on here.

Firstly,at no point did i say i was annoyed. My point is people in here seem to get very annoyed when people criticise PSN/IGC. Your post accused me of going around telling people its a terrible service and basically thats rubbish,i never said that so please quote me correctly. I have my critiques on the service but i also said im reasonably happy with my PS4.

So i didnt come in here to moan about PS+,i came to see if the new games list was mentioned. And happened to see people shouting down anyone who is not quite happy with PS+ imo so responded with my opinion as im entitled to do. If you dont like it dont read it....simple.

Good games again this month, now lets close the thread for a month lest the moaning take up another 10 pages like last month :pac:

Beefy78 wrote: »
    But you're not pointing this feedback or criticism in the right direction. If you've an issue with Sony talk to Sony. If you've an issue with PS+ then talk to Sony. you're ranting at us and we have the right to reply if we don't agree. That isn't people being "affected" it's a natural right or reply and how forums work.

Personally I don't even own a PS4 because PS+ was never going to be strong that first year and because the first 12-18 months of a console are always going to be slow. Anyone who has lived through a few new generations of machines could have seen that surely? I've another few months of free PS3 games that Sony have given me for next to nothing before upgrading becomes worthwhile.

This is a discussion thread is it not? Am i not allowed to discuss my opinions here? Or is it only when i agree with the majority my opinion is valid?

I dont accept im ranting,if you read my posts i dont view them as ranting,i like to respond fully to people posts. So they can hopefully understand my viewpoint while i try to understand theres. So i do understand how forums work.

I have had every playstation that has ever been made so i do know what a new generation of consoles is like. I have stated many times im happy with my PS4,but i also believe that there are valid criticisms that can be leveled at Sony about the state of certain features on the console atm. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

thorbarry wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwK8iKqUmE#t=109

PS4
    The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
    SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt

PS3
    Frozen Synapse Prime
    Luftrausers

Vita
    The Hungry Horde
    Escape Plan

Thats a shocking month be to fair PS Vita games and the PS3 stuff is just shocking at this stage i was just hope for some kind of JRPG on the vita and i would have been happy both both consoles look shocking.

The PS4 games sound ok but still give me any game that as had a disc base release at this stage and i be happy as it will be 1 year of PS4 next month and i don't think other then Velocity 2X everything has been fairly crap being honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Xenji wrote: »
    Good games again this month, now lets close the thread for a month lest the moaning take up another 10 pages like last month :pac:

In the interest of fairness:
    "Utter ****e indie crap again this month. I'm sick of Sony".
    Now close the thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I can't see anything on the playstation blog has anyone got a link please?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement