Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wanted Destiny. PS+ blows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wanted Destiny. PS+ blows

What? Are you not into 2D games set in randomly generated mines? You should cancel your subscription then! Dig got 4 and a half shovels in '2D games set in randomly generated mines magazine'!

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Is Luftrasers crossbuy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I think all 6 games are actually playable on the Vita via crossbuy, except maybe for Frozen Synapse, which makes it even a better month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

DarkJager wrote: »
    Wow blown away by this months Ps4 titles....said nobody ever.

The console isnt even out a year yet, what really do you expect? Like AAA titles.for free?..

We'll get a launch title at christmas(probably knack) and then more indie next year..

Just like the first year or 2 of ps+ on the ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Your all mad take your free games and shut up! Or else cancel your sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Xenji wrote: »
    I think all 6 games are actually playable on the Vita via crossbuy, except maybe for Frozen Synapse, which makes it even a better month.

Aye, great month for Vita. Pretty much as expected for PS4. Shít buzz for the PS3 though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Another desperate month I see. Played 4 of those on pc ages ago. Sub expired in September, not exactly tempting me to resubscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

iamtony wrote: »
    Your all mad take your free games and shut up! Or else cancel your sub.

Ah ha,finally someone tells the truth!

Any naysayers just shut up:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

ShaneU wrote: »
    Another desperate month I see. Played 4 of those on pc ages ago. Sub expired in September, not exactly tempting me to resubscribe

Yeah, like its great getting free games each month no matter what they are but, I just never get around to playing most of them. Binding of Isaac is great, I'll give it a go but my sub finishes in Dec and seeing as I don't play online and with all the maintenance goings on, I think I'm gonna leave ps+. Much prefer my boxed games and they do have a lot of sales so....

Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

EoinHef wrote: »
    This is a discussion thread is it not? Am i not allowed to discuss my opinions here? Or is it only when i agree with the majority my opinion is valid?

Of course you are. But with respect it is you who seems to have the issue with other people responding to you. Like I just did.

There's literally nothing that I or anyone else here can do with the feedback that you have for Sony. Feel free to rant and rave about it but don't be surprised if people reply to you and some of those people shockingly enough may disagree with you.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Of course you are. But with respect it is you who seems to have the issue with other people responding to you. Like I just did.

There's literally nothing that I or anyone else here can do with the feedback that you have for Sony. Feel free to rant and rave about it but don't be surprised if people reply to you and some of those people shockingly enough may disagree with you.

Zero problem with people disagreeing with me,its people trying to shout me or anyone else with a negative opinion down i would have a problem with.

People mis quoting me,not replying to my post just taking the lazy route of saying dont sub if igc is not for you when most know plus is required for multiplayer,people telling me to take my opinions elsewhere in a discussion thread. These are what im talking about.

Just downloading the youtube app now,72.36mb. Took 10 minutes on 100mb upc line,yeah PSN is fine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sh1t again for PS3. It's gone downhill since they made it necessary on PS4. A few good games every now and again, but nothing like what it was. Don't see why anyone would bother getting it if they had a PS3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Zero problem with people disagreeing with me,its people trying to shout me or anyone else with a negative opinion down i would have a problem with.

People mis quoting me,not replying to my post just taking the lazy route of saying dont sub if igc is not for you when most know plus is required for multiplayer,people telling me to take my opinions elsewhere in a discussion thread. These are what im talking about.

Just downloading the youtube app now,72.36mb. Took 10 minutes on 100mb upc line,yeah PSN is fine:)
    It's noting personal were just sick of listening to it every single month.
    P.s YouTube app took literally seconds to download for me on upc over wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

titan18 wrote: »
    Sh1t again for PS3. It's gone downhill since they made it necessary on PS4. A few good games every now and again, but nothing like what it was. Don't see why anyone would bother getting it if they had a PS3 now.

It was brought in to introduce the masses to digital purchases. It then allowed them to charge for online on PS4 without much fanfare from users. If you have PS3, the catch is loss of downloaded games once the sub expires.

iamtony wrote: »
    It's noting personal were just sick of listening to it every single month.
    P.s YouTube app took literally seconds to download for me on upc over wifi.

And for that reason im not gonna post anymore unless beefy replies as my intention is not to annoy people but just to voice my opinion. And tbf i understand peoples frustrations,while i dont always post in this thread i do read it. I feel ive said my piece at this stage anyway.

Thats strange about the youtube app,my ps4 is directly wired in so should have been a lot quicker.

And for that reason im not gonna post anymore unless beefy replies as my intention is not to annoy people but just to voice my opinion. And tbf i understand peoples frustrations,while i dont always post in this thread i do read it. I feel ive said my piece at this stage anyway.

Thats strange about the youtube app,my ps4 is directly wired in so should have been a lot quicker.

I have actually found that the download speeds are quicker over Wi-Fi for some reason.

Xenji wrote: »
    I have actually found that the download speeds are quicker over Wi-Fi for some reason.

Ive never used the PS4 over wireless,might try it and see if it helps. Have you ports forwarded on your router?

Ive never used the PS4 over wireless,might try it and see if it helps. Have you ports forwarded on your router?

I have used ports and the wizard to try it out, the wizard using Wi-Fi worked the best, 9 times out of 10 I get close to max speed with any download.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Is Frozen Synapse cross buy? I didn't even know it was available for PS3, thought it was vita only. Was a great game on PC.

Im quite happy with those games since I've been hovering over the buy button for Steamworld and Frozen Synapse for the past few days.

• Advertisement

Is Frozen Synapse cross buy? I didn't even know it was available for PS3, thought it was vita only. Was a great game on PC.

Im quite happy with those games since I've been hovering over the buy button for Steamworld and Frozen Synapse for the past few days.

Its not been confirmed yet, but the other 5 are, so there is a good chance it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Is that the definite PS+ list for November? Why haven't Playstation put anything up on their site yet? All I can find is third-party sites, or maybe I'm missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Did you go post to Sony about the problems you're having? You're flogging a dead horse here. Having a discussion about your issues with the service here is fine, but just as long as you realise nothing will be fixed if you continue to do so then we're all good.

irishmover wrote: »
    Did you go post to Sony about the problems you're having? You're flogging a dead horse here. Having a discussion about your issues with the service here is fine, but just as long as you realise nothing will be fixed if you continue to do so then we're all good.

So what is it you want? If someone has a critique or problem with the service they should just report to Sony and leave this thread as all happiness and light? Anybody reading the thread would then have a very skewed view of PS+ imo. Every story needs two sides to be balanced

No i havent reported any of these problems yet,as the problems i have have already been reported on the PSN forums at length. And the response usually is there working on it. This thread is for discussing PS+,i will continue to use it for that weather it be negative or positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Youtube app took me about 3 minutes over wifi on 10mb line. I imagine there was very high traffic then at 5.30pm. Also downloaded TLoU 44gb in less than 3 hours from 6.30am. Wonder if the time of day makes much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

SteamWorld Dig is excellent!

/That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

what delightful games are we being inflicted with for November ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

NeVeR wrote: »
    what delightful games are we being inflicted with for November ? :D

PS4
    The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
    SteamWorld Dig: A Fistful of Dirt

PS3
    Frozen Synapse Prime
    Luftrausers

Vita
    The Hungry Horde
    Escape Plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone else a bit confused at the lack of a formal announcement?

To be fair to guys running the blog, they are probably the most reliable aspect of playstation as an entity :D

Can't help but wonder if they are straining announcement dates to try and squeeze DriveClub in there...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Disappointing month for the PS3 again. I'd be expecting the games to get better rather than worse as the PS3 draws to the end of its life time. This time next year I'd expect most people will have moved to PS4 so I would have though Sony would show the PS3 some love. Went to cancel my plus sub but when I tried to get onto the store to cancel my automatic renewal I couldn't access the flipping thing. Just going to change my credit card details via the web store for now. And by change I mean delete. Hell, with the on going playstation notwork I'd tempted to buy an Xbone instead of a PS4 *shudder*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement