Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

RedXIV wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I love my playstation(s). Very happy 99% of the time.

But wondering if all the reported issues for the store, the server issues, the increase in traffic because of shareplay, maybe Sony are looking to make their next announcements carefully. They have gone from the golden child to actually fall behind Microsoft's aggressive price drop strategy. I'll admit, I'm starting to wonder how the Xbox One plays.

It feels like Sony is close to a cliff, they are just about holding on but one more large cock up could ruin them

True, I've been eyeing Sunset Overdrive and Forza, they looking good. Sunset seems like a next gen Crackdown and I loved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Actually starting to regret selling my XO earlier in the year. Think I will dip back in to the MS camp when the 1tb HDD SKU gets a general release just for the first part exclusives I'm missing out on. I really miss not having a decent console racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Does frozen synapse prime have local multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I may complain about PS+ from time to time and have the odd whine about problems with the PS4 but at the end of the day i would still take it over the XBox 1. Maybe if i could afford both id have an XBox as well but as things stand i cant so ill be keeping my PS4.

Reasons:
    Bloodborne
    No Mans Sky
    Uncharted 4
    H1Z1
    Project Morpheus
    More powerful hardware
    Better history of good console exclusives imo
    More likely to support original IPs rather than just trying to buy them

Admittedly imo MS have made great strides in the last while in the direction there taking the X1 and Live seems to be a lot more reliable than PSN,but i still believe in the long run the PS4 is still the console for me,and i still think that with the issues PSN/PS4 are having at the moment.

Just my 2 cents,if i won the lotto id have both but sadly thats hasnt happened yet:( But down to a straight pick between the two its still PS4 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

EoinHef wrote: »
    ill be keeping my PS4.

Reasons:
    Bloodborne
    No Mans Sky
    Uncharted 4
    H1Z1

Is no mans sky an exclusive? Didnt think it was

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Is no mans sky an exclusive? Didnt think it was

Yeah, it still is because of MS no self publishing rule for indie's. PC and PS4 only right now. I imagine it will be on the X1 at some stage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah, it still is because of MS no self publishing rule for indie's. PC and PS4 only right now. I imagine it will be on the X1 at some stage though.

That rule isn't written in stone, MS let people release later on Xbox but it's only those games that are hugely successful where MS are only hurting themselves. It's a threat that they don't always follow up on if a dev calls their bluff.

Sony may have a set duration for the console exclusivity but I doubt MS will stop No Man's sky from coming out on Live if it's successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Id agree theres a good chance No Mans Sky will come out on XBox 1 at some stage but who knows when. They have stated regarding indies releasing on Xbox after other platforms they will judge it on a case by case basis. Part of the ID@Xbox program i think. Good decision on there part in fairness,no point missing good games just because of stuborness imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Monday afternoon and not a dickey bird. You think there'd have been some communication on it at this stage. Very odd.

Monday afternoon and not a dickey bird. You think there'd have been some communication on it at this stage. Very odd.

About what. All the games have been announced as of last Wednesday. Sony sent out the emails.

The games are The Binding of Isaac, Frozen Synapse Prime, and The Hungry Horde. That's all anyway, nothing about the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

About what. All the games have been announced as of last Wednesday. Sony sent out the emails.

The games are The Binding of Isaac, Frozen Synapse Prime, and The Hungry Horde. That's all anyway, nothing about the rest.

Let's be honest, we are accustomed to getting a blog post which would also highlight what is leaving. The lack of a blog post is suspicious and also, we lost the 10 game Instant collection for 2 games a month per system. We've only confirmed 1 game per system.

And it's no secret that Sony are having a bad time recently. Any deviation from the norm may point at larger issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

One email revealing half the games, a video that was pulled straightaway and absolutely no response to any of it on the EU Blog. A bit more communication would have been nice from Sony. Considering the games are meant to go live tomorrow in the US, I'd wouldn't be surprised if it was cancelled for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Didnt even get to try last months, went to download them and my download list is really messed up.
    All downloads appear to have been bought on 16/10/2014 so its all in alphabetical order.
    Ive had this PS3 since 2007 so theres over 450 downloads on the list. :(

Always great to have a moan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

They are planning a big surprise for all PS3,ps4 and vita owners one game missing for each console a "leaked" video! On Wednesday when we go to see what's in the store were getting a nice surprise on each platform. Well that's what I'm hoping is happening anyway:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Is anybody else having trouble getting onto the sony store on pc?
    Santa might be bringing a ps4 this year so I have been trying to purchase the plus games but I cant get past the loading screen most of the time,
    then when I eventually do sign in it hangs on the spelunkey page with no option to purchase and I have to close it and go thru the whole thing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

wilser wrote: »
    Is anybody else having trouble getting onto the sony store on pc?
    Santa might be bringing a ps4 this year so I have been trying to purchase the plus games but I cant get past the loading screen most of the time,
    then when I eventually do sign in it hangs on the spelunkey page with no option to purchase and I have to close it and go thru the whole thing again.

Try a different browser or make sure your Java and Flash plugins are up to date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The PS+ games for PS3 have been poor in general since the PS4 was released. PS4 is as expected but I have a 12 month sub code ready to go but nothing yet for a few months worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The PS+ games for PS3 have been poor in general since the PS4 was released. PS4 is as expected but I have a 12 month sub code ready to go but nothing yet for a few months worth picking up.

I wouldn't say the PS+ games for PS3 were initially bad after the PS4 launched, but definitely p1ss poor the last couple of months alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Xenji wrote: »
    Try a different browser or make sure your Java and Flash plugins are up to date.

Thanks for this advice. Worked first time with a different browser

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

eddhorse wrote: »
    Didnt even get to try last months, went to download them and my download list is really messed up.
    All downloads appear to have been bought on 16/10/2014 so its all in alphabetical order.
    Ive had this PS3 since 2007 so theres over 450 downloads on the list. :(

Always great to have a moan ;)

Happened to me too - such a pain in the neck! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plastik90

Quick question regarding US Store.

If I buy a physical copy of COD, will I have to get the DLC from the Irish store or will the US store downloads work?

plastik90 wrote: »
    Quick question regarding US Store.

If I buy a physical copy of COD, will I have to get the DLC from the Irish store or will the US store downloads work?

If you get it from North America, you need to use the US store to get the DLC, but that will then work with all your accounts once installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Sony have confirmed this months games and have announced the PS4 games for December and January.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com

Injustice and First light for plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

nocoverart wrote: »
    Sony have confirmed this months games and have announced the PS4 games for December and January.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com

Probably don't want to risk the games getting leaked again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It's weird they would cannibalise possible sales of first light and the others by announcing them now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Injustice is great craic and the story mode is very well done for a fighting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,385 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Not too shabby! And 2 more to be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

feckin psplus and their AAA games

sweetie wrote: »
    feckin psplus and their AAA games

Feckin 20 gig download for Injustice, feck AAA games if they are that size, I want an AAA title with an Indie file size is that so hard Sony......

Been looking forward to Secret Ponchos now for awhile and the Swapper has always caught my eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

yeah, would have eventually bought first light as I kind of liked second son. already got the swapper though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement