Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

First AAA game of plus for PS4 and I just got it.

At least I get inFAMOUS First Light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

CombatCow wrote: »
    It's weird they would cannibalise possible sales of first light and the others by announcing them now.....
    Sales mustn't be good for it anyway. I think it more more sense for them to announce the games in advance as it will stop people, myself included, from holding off on buying games with the fear that it might come out on plus soon after.

iamtony wrote: »
    Sales mustn't be good for it anyway. I think it more more sense for them to announce the games in advance as it will stop people, myself included, from holding off on buying games with the fear that it might come out on plus soon after.

Sales were good and it was the highest seller on PSN for a few weeks but it's been out a while now and they've likely dropped out.

Kinda had a feeling about injustice, was playing it at the weekend on a big projector with people and passing the controllers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Delighted with December and January's games for Ps4, it's exactly what I've been waiting for. Will skip November as it's pure ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Happy days, don't have either Injustice or First Light!

I was sure they were going to flog Knack which I have or maybe Killzone.

First Light was a game I was on the fence about as I got the platinum on Infamous and thought more might be overkill. I'll happily play it for free though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

DarkJager wrote: »
    Delighted with December and January's games for Ps4, it's exactly what I've been waiting for. Will skip November as it's pure ****.

Ah binding of Isaac is a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

injustice was on a special sale earlier this year for 15€, bought it then so that's that.

The infamous first light is about the only one i will keep having second son, perhaps escape plan, nothing else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Good to see the Swapper up there, my laptop never did its intensely creepy atmosphere and existential dread proper justice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Ah binding of Isaac is a great game!

Nope, Spelunky was supposed to be a "great game" too and it was the single most boring ****e I've played in years. No interest at all in playing any more cheap tacky indie games. December and Januarys offerings are a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Good to see the Swapper up there, my laptop never did its intensely creepy atmosphere and existential dread proper justice :)

Yeah, basically the same for me. My integrated graphics seemed to handle it quite well, but not the same as playing it on the PS4. This game oozes atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Infamous and Injustice I have already. Bad luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I bought First Light a few weeks ago as it was quite cheap, only about a tenner or so. I'm actually playing through it at the moment. Truth be told, while I really enjoying inFamous 1 and 2, this isn't really doing it for me. Probably because it's such a cut down version. It's very dark, there's next to no variance in the missions, and it just seems to be bogged down in simple extra missions just to give the completionist something to do. I'm hoping that this is just supposed to be a taster of Second Sons, and I was planning on picking that up soon.

Injustice should be good though. I finished the last gen version and it was enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's DLC for Second Son, that's the full game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nope, Spelunky was supposed to be a "great game" too and it was the single most boring ****e I've played in years. No interest at all in playing any more cheap tacky indie games. December and Januarys offerings are a step in the right direction.

Bit harsh to tar them all with the same brush, though Spelunky wasn't for me either there have been lots of good "Indies". Check out Steamworld Dig this month, its excellent.

chrislad wrote: »
    I bought First Light a few weeks ago as it was quite cheap, only about a tenner or so. I'm actually playing through it at the moment. Truth be told, while I really enjoying inFamous 1 and 2, this isn't really doing it for me. Probably because it's such a cut down version. It's very dark, there's next to no variance in the missions, and it just seems to be bogged down in simple extra missions just to give the completionist something to do. I'm hoping that this is just supposed to be a taster of Second Sons, and I was planning on picking that up soon.

Injustice should be good though. I finished the last gen version and it was enjoyable.

Not really a taster considering it came out after, just a bit more story about fetch and the most interesting power in the second son

The old relic term for games like this was expandalone, as is not really dlc or a normal expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bit harsh to tar them all with the same brush, though Spelunky wasn't for me either there have been lots of good "Indies". Check out Steamworld Dig this month, its excellent.

This AAA vs indie game thing reminds me of when people are asked what music they like and they say 'a bit of everything' and then proceed to list off 3 or 4 chart acts. Not every indie game is for everyone but to generalise and write off the majority of them is pretty short sighted. Hotline miami wasn't for me but I quite liked Spelunky. I loved Steamworld dig but Velocity 2X didnt float my boat but I appreciated getting to try them all and look forward to more varied selections.

Varik wrote: »
    Not really a taster considering it came out after, just a bit more story about fetch and the most interesting power in the second son

The old relic term for games like this was expandalone, as is not really dlc or a normal expansion.

I meant a taster in that it's a much smaller game than Second Son, plus it's considerably cheaper.

Is Second Son better than this, or is it much the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

COD4 was supposed to be a "great game" too and it was the single most boring ****e I've played in years. No interest at all in playing any more expensive bombastic AAA games. :pac:

It's strange to dismiss all independently made games based on one game. That said, you probably wouldn't like Isaac as it's a roguelike like Spelunky.

I can't say that I really enjoyed Spelunky either, and not because of its Indie status. I loved Rogue Legacy, and Steamworld Dig is a game I've bought 3 times - PS Vita, 3DS and PC. It's nice to get the big budget games as well as the indies and I love that the indie support on the PS4, normally with cross play too, is thriving so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Different strokes and all that, some indies I love, some I dont. Just like AAA games.

Hotline Miami is one of the best games I have played in recent years, cant stand Spelunky. But I will deffo give the Binding of Isaac a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see some comments on the blog which could be conspiracy theories or could be true. Or both. But theory seems to be they're announcing PS4 games now because those who bought PS4 at launch will have their sub lapsing soon so want people to renew. Which is also why it was only PS4 games they announced.

As for indie games, I don't know why they're all bunched together. Indie is a high level description not a genre. Indie platformer or Indie shooter could be dismissed if you didn't like platformers or shooters. It's like dismissing Nintendo games because Nintendo. As if a 2D Mario game is the same a Pokemon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's hardly a conspiracy theory though. It is decent business.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Reading the comments on the Playstation Blog always makes me lose a bit of faith in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Reading the comments on practically any website always makes me lose a bit of faith in humanity.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Reading the comments on the Playstation Blog always makes me lose a bit of faith in humanity.

Tbf, some of them are priceless. If anyone can't understand why gamergate gained so much traction only has to look at some of the people posting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Games are up if you search for them. Only one I can't find is The Binding of Isaac.

Also Frozen Synapse Prime isn't cross buy. So PS3 only. Everything else works with the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/steamworld-dig/cid=EP4473-CUSA00499_00-STEAMWORLDDIG000

"If you’re a PlayStation®Plus member, you can download this item at no extra cost and keep it forever."

Used to say: "yours to keep until your subscription ends"

Looks like game expiration has been removed, or maybe just a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

ShaneU wrote: »
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/steamworld-dig/cid=EP4473-CUSA00499_00-STEAMWORLDDIG000

"If you’re a PlayStation®Plus member, you can download this item at no extra cost and keep it forever."

Used to say: "yours to keep until your subscription ends"

Looks like game expiration has been removed, or maybe just a mistake.

Eh ? number 5 there says:

5. Once the game has downloaded, you'll be ready to install and play. Remember, it’s yours to keep until your PlayStation Plus membership ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Eh ? number 5 there says:

5. Once the game has downloaded, you'll be ready to install and play. Remember, it’s yours to keep until your PlayStation Plus membership ends.
    The description at the beginning says yours to keep forever, probably a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If I log in via web browser and add all PS3/PS Vita/PS4 content which is free to cart and purchase does that mean when/if I eventually rebuy a PS3/PS Vita I can play those games?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement