Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Escape plan, no expiry date

15532218278_17e52891b2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If I log in via web browser and add all PS3/PS Vita/PS4 content which is free to cart and purchase does that mean when/if I eventually rebuy a PS3/PS Vita I can play those games?

Aye, that's what I've been doing with the PS4 content to have when I buy the console in the future. When Don't Starve was ported over to the Vita a couple of months ago I was able to download the game for free because I had already 'bought' the PS4 game as part of the Instant Game Collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Aye, that's what I've been doing with the PS4 content to have when I buy the console in the future. When Don't Starve was ported over to the Vita a couple of months I was able to download the game for free because I had already 'bought' the PS4 game as part of the Instant Game Collection.

Nice one thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony confirmed on their blog that The Binding Of Issac is still due to be out today, although no time was given, with Nicalis track record though I would not surprised if they are having some issues with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Add to Library - the wonderful button PS Plus has always needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Binding of Isaac is up for PS4 and Vita.

Had a quick go of Luftrausers... and now it'll be my new tube game. So addictive.

Going to check out Steamworld now.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

tok9 wrote: »

Had a quick go of Luftrausers... and now it'll be my new tube game. So addictive.

This is not showing as free in the playstation plus section for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Steamworld Dig is a terrific little game. I played through it on the VITA earlier this year and had a great time. The only downside is that it is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Looking forward to Injustice next month,been mulling over getting either injustice or the latest street fighter the last while so glad i held off. Anybody comment on the MP netcode for it on PS4?

Also i think First Light will be perfect for me,be like second son lite. I had no real interest in second son but a condensed version appeals to me. Hopefully wont feel as repetitive as second son felt from what i read. I could manage 20hrs of repetitive missions if the mechanics are good but not a full game of repetitive missions.

All in all happy with the announcements,hopefully the other games will be good "indie" titles for those who want more of what we have got already. If thats the case Sony may have just pleased everybody.....never thought that would happen reading this thread:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This is not showing as free in the playstation plus section for some reason

Same, it's not free for me either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Don't have a clue what to do in Binding of Isaac, don't think I care enough to go back and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

nocoverart wrote: »
    Don't have a clue what to do in Binding of Isaac, don't think I care enough to go back and find out.

Should we care about you not caring? :confused:

daUbiq wrote: »
    Should we care about you not caring? :confused:

Should we care about whether you care about him not caring?

Hadn't realised Luftrausers was made by the guys behind Hotline Miami. Had a quick go but looking forward to getting properly stuck into it. Steamworld looks like it'll be a nice game to plug away on the Vita. Escape Plan seems to be the type of game that'll get frustratingly addictive. Sometimes the touch controls felt a bit unresponsive but maybe I just need to get used to what I need to do in certain instances. I only had a quick go of Binding of Isaac but I was getting tired so not sure what to think but I'll reserve judgement. For some reason I had taught Frozen Synapse was a sort of stealth game and not a turn based game - not really my thing but I might come back to it. Didn't touch Hungry Horde at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I actually didn't get time to play any of the other games after. Probably will on the way home today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hadn't realised Luftrausers was made by the guys behind Hotline Miami.

It's not actually by the Hotline Miami devs, by the guys behind the fantastic Ridiculous Fishing and Super Crate Box :) Luftrausers is great fun though, lost a good two or three hours to it the first time I turned it on. Didn't feel the Vita controls did it justice though, much preferred the Dualshock 3 for it.

Was never the biggest fan of Binding of Issac on PC, but played it for a while last night and it clicked in a way it hadn't before. Maybe it's because I found an amazing
    Monty Python-esque death foot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I remember playing the free version of Luftrauser in the office at lunch, very fun game. Not sure if it is the same guys though http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/luftrauser/

It's not actually by the Hotline Miami devs, by the guys behind the fantastic Ridiculous Fishing and Super Crate Box :)

Apologies, the Devolver Digital logo made me think it was the same developers but it's just the same publisher.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Should we care about whether you care about him not caring?

I couldn't care less what you do... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

SteamWorld Dig and Escape Plan are very enjoyable games. Haven't tried The Binding of Isaac yet.
    A much improved selection for PS4 for me anyway. I've been bitching about the quality of games so far, it was never about the AAA titles, I just wasn't interested in any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Rainbow Moon is gonna keep me going for about 6 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

SteamWorld Dig and Escape Plan are very enjoyable games. Haven't tried The Binding of Isaac yet.
    A much improved selection for PS4 for me anyway. I've been bitching about the quality of games so far, it was never about the AAA titles, I just wasn't interested in any of them.
    I'm not really "digging" steamworld dig so far it looks nice but so far all I seem to be doing is digging and upgrading does anything else happen?
    Hungry horde is a great little game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm not really "digging" steamworld dig so far it looks nice but so far all I seem to be doing is digging and upgrading does anything else happen? Hungry horde is a great little game!

played it on the 3ds, isnt there challenge rooms that have a bit of difficulty and rewards/loot in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

sweetie wrote: »
    played it on the 3ds, isnt there challenge rooms that have a bit of difficulty and rewards/loot in them?
    I didn't play if for that long to be honest just my initial thoughts weren't good. I hope it gets better I'm sick of climbing up and down already:-)

I found Steamworld relatively slow to start, but after an hour or two the pace at which you progress downwards (and upwards) really starts to liven up. Some of the upgrades really mix up the navigation in very interesting ways, and managing resources becomes a fun challenge during the middle game particularly. There's never quite enough water...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

sweetie wrote: »

Finished it a few months ago - nice little game. Just over too fast for my liking.

I'd say Steamworld could probably have had one more 'layer' without ill-effect or perhaps even a positive one. However, I also appreciate its brevity - I played around 6-7 hours worth and felt I had explored the mine thoroughly and satisfyingly. Definitely didn't wear out its welcome, even during the final hour or so when I was mopping up the few remaining secrets and trinkets. The new ideas came steadily, and there wasn't any point when it felt like the developer was just spinning wheels for the sake of it. It's nice to have a game that can be fully explored without unnecessary padding, although an extra level or so wouldn't have been unwelcome either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

iamtony wrote: »
    I'm not really "digging" steamworld dig so far it looks nice but so far all I seem to be doing is digging and upgrading does anything else happen?
    Hungry horde is a great little game!

It has a nicely paced progression to it from what I've played. It seems that every time I have earned enough dollars for what I want, something newer and shinier is unlocked at just the right time. It did seem a bit of a chore having to go all the way back up to the top every few minutes but you will unlock something to counter that too. Then there's the caves to discover, some have to be negotiated a certain way and the upgrade stations with new abilities and tools.
    It's not going to be for everybody but the more I play the better it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Downloaded steam and escape. Steam dig is by far my favourite of the two. Haven't got into it too far yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Great to see poper games will stat coming soon. SOme great indies but I want full games. However unlike a lot of people I didn't expect to get them any sooner as all PS4 retail games were new and not in a position to be given away for free. In a years time I reckon we'll be getting quality games released this year and last.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement