Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The game is a little repetitive, but very faithful to the Wahammer 40k franchise. But its not for everyone I suppose.
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    I thought it was great. Had a huge amount of fun with it. I guess maybe it's slightly repetitive however I find killing waves and waves of Orks to be immensely satisfying.
    jaxdasher wrote: »
    I had fun with it too. There was abit of freedom on what weapons you could take with you. And Jetpack missions help keep the singleplayer varied. Ive played other 40k game so the cockney orcs are a norm to me.
    Got to love boards.ie

I say i game is crap everyone britches about me saying its crap and they all love that game

Gears is notting like this. Gears 1,2,3 are classic games not this there is a reason is free on PSN and why THQ are basically gone because its a crap game
    No they just said that they liked the game. Having a different opinion than you isn't bitching about you.

And what does Gears have to do with it? Gears of War is a 360 exclusive. This was a game that ended up being free on Playstation Plus. You can't really call a game series that started 6 years ago "classic". Its still very current generation.

THQ aren't "basically gone" because you didn't like the game, and the game being free on PS Plus has nothing to do with that. By your logic Evolution studios, Sucker Punch, Eidos and Square Enix are also basically gone. THQ are "basically gone" because they poured money into U-Draw in one of the worst business decisions I've ever seen. They're roughly breaking even with Saints Row, WWE and the new Darksiders.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Now, now everyone. Let's play nice.

samapple, others are free to give their opinion on your opinion. Especially when your opinion is so... outspoken.

funky penguin, now now: no need to troll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

My apologies, I'm a little drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Got to love boards.ie

I say i game is crap everyone britches about me saying its crap and they all love that game

Yes where did the orcs begin to sound like there english where on a new plant why are they not speaking there own language ????

Gears is notting like this. Gears 1,2,3 are classic games not this there is a reason is free on PSN and why THQ are basically gone because its a crap game

Boards.ie is getting worse by the day anything i say is never right LoL

In the 40K universe, the Space Ork language is essentially English. Always has been.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ork_%28Warhammer_40,000%29#Language

I'm not sure why you're getting arsey about people not agreeing with you. Do you think I'm lying when I said that I liked Space Marine? Go back a couple of pages and I'm pretty sure I made at least one post before yours saying how much I liked the game.

EDIT - hadn't seen the last few posts. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

No they just said that they liked the game. Having a different opinion than you isn't bitching about you.

And what does Gears have to do with it? Gears of War is a 360 exclusive. This was a game that ended up being free on Playstation Plus. You can't really call a game series that started 6 years ago "classic". Its still very current generation.

THQ aren't "basically gone" because you didn't like the game, and the game being free on PS Plus has nothing to do with that. By your logic Evolution studios, Sucker Punch, Eidos and Square Enix are also basically gone. THQ are "basically gone" because they poured money into U-Draw in one of the worst business decisions I've ever seen. They're roughly breaking even with Saints Row, WWE and the new Darksiders.

Sorry but this post kind of proves my point that i am making

Yes Sony put up some great games like little big planet 2 and Infamous 2 to make people get PSN its all about marketing which people will buy PSN + thinking they are going to get great games like this every month.

Because it has to do with Gears as a poster said before this game is just like gears :/. I can call it a classic just like i call the uncharted game series the best new IP this gen and are 4 classic games which you can just reply and reply and that is the point i made with gears
    In the 40K universe, the Space Ork language is essentially English. Always has been.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ork_%28Warhammer_40,000%29#Language

I'm not sure why you're getting arsey about people not agreeing with you. Do you think I'm lying when I said that I liked Space Marine? Go back a couple of pages and I'm pretty sure I made at least one post before yours saying how much I liked the game.

EDIT - hadn't seen the last few posts. Sorry.

But as i am not a nerd i have no idea about the 40K universe and 90% of people playing this game will also not have a clue about the past. I picked up thinking i will get a over the top 3rd person shooter in the vain of bulletstorm which was 1st person

Not fighting over if you like they game our not but people need to have the right to say anything they like on this **** what out getting giving out to over every post they post which is the case of me.

• Advertisement

But as i am not a nerd i have no idea about the 40K universe and 90% of people playing this game will also not have a clue about the past. I picked up thinking i will get a over the top 3rd person shooter in the vain of bulletstorm which was 1st person

Not fighting over if you like they game our not but people need to have the right to say anything they like on this **** what out getting giving out to over every post they post which is the case of me.

No one was denying you that right. No one had a go at you for not liking the game, it's just that other people did like it and said so.

With respect it's only you who is "giving out" to people.

Sorry but with all due respect, thats not how internet forums work. You are completely entitled to have your opinion and say what you think (you can say what you want to a degree), but others are completely entitled to disagree and tell you why they disagree.

I agree with you on the understanding of the series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Im sick of people comparing Space Marine to Gears of War. The franchise has been around for 20 odd years and has probably inspired most sci-fi action game like halo or gears of war. Its a little bit too late to complain about the established voices of the ork, tbh I kinda like it, it adds character.

Ok to fair that is your opinion we all cant have the same great taste sorry if i sound mean or aggresive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Always like the voice work in the 40k games, and all the quotes and stuff from the table top.

When playing dawn of war i've occasionally started muttering "orks orks orks" along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Little big planet 2 is a great game and best of all its free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Any ideas when Sony will announce July's content?

Tuesday maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I'd say next wednesday because some PSN+ games expires then I think.

Or keep checkin PSN EU Blog for updates on everythin PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The line from this week's PSN Store update on the EU Blog on Wednesday was
    Look out for Ross’ blog post in the coming days for what to expect in the next PS Plus refresh

But no word since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/02/sony-buys-gaikai/
    Sony buys Gaikai cloud gaming service for $380 million

Cloud-based gaming service Gaikai has had plenty of spring in its step recently, and now we know why: it's been tying up a deal to sell itself for a rather substantial sum of cash. The $380 million agreement is slightly below the $500 million bandied about it in some rumors last week, so perhaps SCE execs feel like they've got themselves a bargain.

SCE boss Andrew House promised that the union of Gaikai's "engineering talent" with his company's "game platform knowledge" would lead to "unparalleled cloud entertainment experiences." For his part, Gaikai CEO David Perry said he was "honored" to help Sony "grow their ecosystem." None of this sheds much light on precisely what the Japanese giant will do with its new acquisition, or how it'll deal with the potential (imaginary?) awkwardness of supplying a service direct to TV rivals like Samsung and LG. In any case, the two companies need to secure regulatory approval before getting down to the tricky stuff.

A confirmed rumour. I wonder what this means for Playstation and more specifically PS+. I can't see it being implemented until PS4 though personally.

I was sure this was how they were going to do the free games. That they would be all streaming.

Speaking of, the US store is getting 3 new games:Gotham City Imposters, Pacman Championship Edition DX and Renegade Ops.

I assume this month's EU PS+ update wil be announced tomorrow, but previous US titles we haven't got are Lara Croft Guardian of Light, Just Cause 2 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'd love Just Cause 2, played that game to death when it came out, wouldn't mind another bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

we got renegade ops before so maybe one of the games that the US got will be on the EU update.

I've been toying with buying Pacman for ages so selfishly I'm crossing my fingers for that.

Pacman is AMAZINGLY addictive. Would love to finally have some people on the friends list to compare scores.

• Advertisement

Deus Ex Human Revolution being added

Chime and Warhammer 40,000 : Space Marine will be removed on July 18th

And thats it really.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/07/03/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-4th-july-2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's pretty awesome. Deus Ex alone is worth the €50 it costs for a yearly sub.

And thats it really.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/07/03/heads-up-playstation-plus-update-4th-july-2012/

I can't access the blog at work but I thought the promise was at least three games added per month. Are there two others in there somewhere?
    EJ22 wrote: »
    Starting June 6th, there will be an Instant Game Collection of 10 games to choose from ready to download and play as part of the updated PlayStation Plus subscription, with at least three being updated monthly.

EDIT - ok they'll be replacing the two games in two weeks time.

The Instant Games month seems to start mid-month rather than at the start of the month. Chime & 40k are coming off of the list on the 18th to be replaced by two as yet unknown titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Instant Games month seems to start mid-month rather than at the start of the month. Chime & 40k are coming off of the list on the 18th to be replaced by two as yet unknown titles.

One digital download and one full release game according to the EU PSN blog. My guess would be Just Cause 2 and PAC-Man.

Both awesome games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

One digital download and one full release game according to the EU PSN blog. My guess would be Just Cause 2 and PAC-Man.

Nope and Nope

Dues Ex: Human Revolution for free. 50% discount on all DLC for limited time. 50% off Dues Ex PS2 for limited time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,864 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

hopefully the purchase of that cloud gaming service is implemented because the instant games are great, downloading all those gb on my connection almost takes 2 days for the big games, but I don't leave it in over night or when I'm out of the house

And thats it really.

Was looking at the site quickly on my phone. what are the numbers in brackets beside the games? Metacritic/Official Playstation Magazine rating?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was looking at the site quickly on my phone. what are the numbers in brackets beside the games? Metacritic/Official Playstation Magazine rating?

I would assume so, nice addition if it is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement