Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't tried this myself and probably won't get to try it this weekend, but figured would post in case someone wanted a go.
    Basically it's a way to get an unlimited trial for Prototype on PS3
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/freebies/prototype-1-still-free-ps-ps3-2073753
    Search Prototype on PSN Store Select Full Game Trial Download & Play. Now after 1 Hour It will Say expired but the game will still Load and play perfectly. Turn off PS3 Switch on Still works. Full Game Free

Apparently they forgot to add the timer Function to the Game

This may also work with Red Faction Armageddon but I think they fixed that one. Worth a check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

3 extra free games on ps store in case anyone missed it(this weekend only)

need for speed (vita)

Mirrors edge (ps3)

Plants V Zombies (ps4)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With all the games that release as PS4/Vita crossbuy, I was wondering why is that? I mean the PS3 can handle anything the Vita can handle, can't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

CastorTroy wrote: »
    With all the games that release as PS4/Vita crossbuy, I was wondering why is that? I mean the PS3 can handle anything the Vita can handle, can't it?

While that's true I imagine there are a few reasons.

PS3 uses the cell processor while I assume the Vita and PS4 are a lot closer architecture wise so it would be easier to port from a PS4 to Vita.

PS3 is getting to that stage where sales are beginning to drop since a lot of gamers are moving to the PS4.

That said there are still a lot of games which are on all three platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Liking Secret Ponchos,very chaotic and fun.
    Injustice hasnt really grabbed me so far ,really do like how you can use the environments though with R1,watching your opponent fly through a wall or bounce down a hill is gratifying. Good roster of characters to pick from as well which is nice. Might grow on me,need to put more time in i reckon and get used to it.

Glad to see Street Fighter V is coming to PS4 on a side note.

Still havent tried Titan Attacks although from the trailers ive watched i reckon it might not be for me,ill give it a bash some night though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

EoinHef wrote: »
    Still havent tried Titan Attacks although from the trailers ive watched i reckon it might not be for me,ill give it a bash some night though.

Titan Attacks is basically 100 levels of Space Invaders, it's grand for a couple of hours. The quickest 100% I've gotten since "Thomas was alone"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

cant seem to find Hitman Trilogy on the PS3 . is it delayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

It's there on the PS3 PSN store. It does not show up on the PS4 PSN store. I downloaded it last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

It's there on the PS3 PSN store. It does not show up on the PS4 PSN store. I downloaded it last Friday.

thats where ive been going wrong... thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Titan attacks is seriously good fun, best PS+ game since Strider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Davei141 wrote: »
    Titan attacks is seriously good fun, best PS+ game since Strider.

It's a bit on the easy side though but nice game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

oranbhoy67 wrote: »

Gave the first one a go last night. Absolute rubbish.

gimmick wrote: »

I played Hitman Absolution and thought it was good, will hold off playing the Triolgy so and start Deadly Premonition tonight.....

I really enjoyed Blood Money on the 360 and Hitman 2 when it came out on PC. Absolution was an insult to the series but it looked very good. Don't think the games have aged too well though.

Hey, anyone that's in the market for the PS4 GTA5 Bundle with Far Cry 4 and TLOU Remastered from Argos for €399.99, I've got reserve codes for Limerick, Monaghan, Dun Laoghaire and Jervis St. if anyone wants them let me know, I'll PM you the code, I'm picking mine up in Blanch tomorrow :)

Happy Xmas me.

The reservation is good until close of business tomorrow - Friday Dec 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

gimmick wrote: »

What was rubbish about it?

The first one is not great, even when it came out on the PC way back. Great ideas and concepts but flawed. Hitman 2 is basically the first game remade and improved, that's the real starting point for people new to the series imo. The first game will just put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This will probably be a bit of an eye opener for some here. Shows the value of PS+

Did_playstation_plus_represent_value_for_money_in_2014

While I would say the figures are probably exaggerated (due to the RRP on the store) it still shows how much value one is getting for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Any word on the other ps4 game in January? ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Thought I heard the second one before alright, own on PC but never played I'll play it on ps4 when out though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sorry if a little off topic. I haven't turned on my PS3 in a few months.

Got round to it today and a lot of my downloaded games are no longer available. Many of these were through PS plus, which I had a subscription to, but lapsed.

A few are still there and it says "content expired" but many more are missing and are no longer in my download queue either. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

keith16 wrote:
    Got round to it today and a lot of my downloaded games are no longer available. Many of these were through PS plus, which I had a subscription to, but lapsed.

you let it lapse, thats why

mine has just lapsed, error retrieving funds?? will wait to see if it comes up in deals of xmas?
    unless anyone has good recommendation to buy elsewhere.
    so im gonna lose most of my ps plus content also, bit pissed about that, thought once i sign up again all would be grand!

just subbed for 3 mnths for €15, all is back in download list, nothing lost, good call regarding tesco voucher, will do that this week.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Do you get a reminder when your sub is due for renewal?i know mine is up soon but not sure when exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

superg wrote: »
    Do you get a reminder when your sub is due for renewal?i know mine is up soon but not sure when exactly.
    No I don't anywsy it just renews automatically

sugarman wrote: »
    Yeh to the email associated with youre account, you can check the date it runs out too through the store. Cant remember exactly without it in front of me.

I've looked at the store on the PS4 and on my PC and I still can't see it. I don't want it auto renewing anyway cos I only want to renew for 3 months this time and then a year to get the renewal date away from Christmas!

EDIT:- found it in my transaction history. I bought it last year on 19/9 and got 3 months free with the 12 month sub so its up on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭batistuta9

it shows you the ex. date on your DL games too on the PS.

& you turn off auto renew in account management i think it is, wherever your CC info etc. is stored

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    it shows you the ex. date on your DL games too on the PS.

& you turn off auto renew in account management i think it is, wherever your CC info etc. is stored

Yeah found that cheers. Turned it off, I'll renew for 3 months on friday then turn it back on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement