Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can check your account details here.
    https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Sign in with your email and your SEN password.
    I can only seem to find it in Transaction history and selecting one of the payments to see the details.

Not sure if that helps at all, but hope it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Taltos wrote: »
    You can check your account details here.
    https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

Sign in with your email and your SEN password.
    I can only seem to find it in Transaction history and selecting one of the payments to see the details.

Not sure if that helps at all, but hope it does.

Yeah thats exactly how I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I finished steamworld dig today it's not amazing if only more of the game was like the last boss fight it would of been better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

iamtony wrote: »
    I finished steamworld dig today it's not amazing if only more of the game was like the last boss fight it would of been better.

You're wrong.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I really enjoyed it apart from it being a tad short. Looking forward to downloading Resogun for the Vita tonight.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    You're wrong.

:pac:
    Then I missed the fun parts:-) All I did was dig through different levels of blocks which tried my patience sometimes And then find a door and solve an easy puzzle them back to digging, oh and getting killed and having to start from the last portal that was the best.
    I did enjoy the last fight and thought I'd like more of this but then the credits rolled.

I really enjoyed it apart from it being a tad short. Looking forward to downloading Resogun for the Vita tonight.

I didn't hate it or anything I just wouldn't rate it very highly maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10

Yes I love me a bit or resogun can't wait when is it released?

I didn't hate it or anything I just wouldn't rate it very highly maybe a 6 or 7 out of 10

Yes I love me a bit or resogun can't wait when is it released?

Should be on the store now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There is a very noticeable drop in how Resogun looks on the PS3 compared to the PS4 (as expected) but it plays fantastically.

I have just tried the PS Vita version and that is a fantastic port also. Top marks for the developers.

lertsnim wrote: »
    There is a very noticeable drop in how Resogun looks on the PS3 compared to the PS4 (as expected) but it plays fantastically.

I have just tried the PS Vita version and that is a fantastic port also. Top marks for the developers.

Yeah those guys know what they're at. Can't wait for there new game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Foolproof

Hi guys, I just got a PS4 and later I am going to setup my PSN ID and PS plus and I have a few questions.

Should I setup a US PSN profile from the start as my primary account?

I intend to buy all digital games so I think an Irish PSN account would be wasted unless for some reason I need to have one??

I have already bought The Last of Us code for redeeming (US code)

Do I need to have separate PSN plus subscription for every other region I use?

Can anyone recommend somewhere online I can buy early PS4 games like Knack and Kill Zone (digitally)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Foolproof wrote: »
    Hi guys, I just got a PS4 and later I am going to setup my PSN ID and PS plus and I have a few questions.

Should I setup a US PSN profile from the start as my primary account?

Makes no difference, there was a time(very start of PS plus) when the EU PS plus game were superior to the US ones.
    That's changed, they are both about equal now.
    I intend to buy all digital games so I think an Irish PSN account would be wasted unless for some reason I need to have one??

No, you don't "need" to have one.
    I have already bought The Last of Us code for redeeming (US code)

Do I need to have separate PSN plus subscription for every other region I use?

No, one PS plus subscription allows online play for all accounts on the system.
    Can anyone recommend somewhere online I can buy early PS4 games like Knack and Kill Zone (digitally)

Not sure.
    Where did you get the last of us code?
    Might have them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Knack and killzone are bargain basement prices now, way cheaper than digital versions and you can sell them on after.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got a code and accidentaly activated on my UK psn instead of IE one.

Somebody mentioned one PS+ will work with all accounts on the system. My system disagrees. It keeps asking me to purchase a EURO version.

Short of ringing Sony am I doing something wrong?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I got a code and accidentaly activated on my UK psn instead of IE one.

Somebody mentioned one PS+ will work with all accounts on the system. My system disagrees. It keeps asking me to purchase a EURO version.

Short of ringing Sony am I doing something wrong?

Seems to me you bought a UK code.

Where did you buy it? Link.

If it has a UK flag on it, it will only work on a UK account.

PS+ will work on all accounts on the system, you decide which region you want to subscribe to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,090 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So new games announcement today? Just looked at last year and the games changed on Christmas Eve

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So new games announcement today? Just looked at last year and the games changed on Christmas Eve

The won't be announced until at least Wednesday 31st. They'll be released on the 7th which is the first Wednesday of the month - which is what they've been doing for the last 6 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

The won't be announced until at least Wednesday 31st. They'll be released on the 7th which is the first Wednesday of the month - which is what they've been doing for the last 6 months or so.

I think I remember them being announced and appearing earlier last year and possibly the year before that..

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

F1ngers wrote: »
    Seems to me you bought a UK code.

Where did you buy it? Link.

If it has a UK flag on it, it will only work on a UK account.

PS+ will work on all accounts on the system, you decide which region you want to subscribe to.

Can you change region? e.g if I moved to USA

daUbiq wrote: »
    I think I remember them being announced and appearing earlier last year and possibly the year before that..

It's been pretty set in stone the last while. It'll be a pleasant surprise if they did but I wouldn't be holding out much hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Can you change region? e.g if I moved to USA

Nope ended up ringing sony. They say you check if both psns are set as "primary ps4" and you can share settings. The only things you cannot utilise is cloud saving and if there's a psn sale only he UK psn can buy from it.

Thing was after I complained to Amazon about the fact it doesn't say region specific they refunded my money and threw me £10 but code will still be active for 12 months.

Handy that. Have another UK ps plus code as well that came with system. It's on adverts now if anybody wants it. 12 months, UK psn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

A bit clueless here lads, see it on a UK site for £34.99 but says its uk accounts only, my brother will be getting his ps4 tomorrow, any advice? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

UK subs won't work for Irish accounts. PS subs are region/country locked. Best check sites like Argos who are doing other good deals right now. If it's his first time having a Plus account he will have a limited time free trail, think it's 2 weeks giving you time to look around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

UK subs won't work for Irish accounts. PS subs are region/country locked. Best check sites like Argos who are doing other good deals right now. If it's his first time having a Plus account he will have a limited time free trail, think it's 2 weeks giving you time to look around.

Much appreciated you saved me a few Euro there!

Argos site shows a box with union jack on it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

When I enquired about it to Argos before, they replied it'll work with Irish PSN accounts.

But don't think there is any stock available..

checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1297850

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ash_

Much appreciated you saved me a few Euro there!

Argos site shows a box with union jack on it though?

When I enquired about it to Argos before, they replied it'll work with Irish PSN accounts.

But don't think there is any stock available..

checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1297850

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Playing through Deadly Premonition for the last 10 minutes and I hate it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

That_Guy wrote: »
    Playing through Deadly Premonition for the last 10 minutes and I hate it already.

I played a few hours of it, it's hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That_Guy wrote: »
    I couldn't manage more than an hour myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

If You’re Still Unable to Access the PSN on PS4, Here’s a Temporary Fix to Get You Online

If you’re still unable to access the PSN, despite the fact that the services are gradually coming back online, here’s a temporary fix that might help you.
    Go to Settings -> Network -> Set Up Internet Connection on your PS4, select “Custom,” leave all your settings as they were, but change MTU to 1473.
    It’s very likely that you’ll be able to connect with no issue even if you weren’t before applying this small fix.
    Hopefully this won’t be needed soon, but if you’re still having problems and want to connect in a hurry, trying this is a good bet. Just remember to change it back to 1500 once the problems are fully solved.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12/27/for-those-still-unable-to-access-the-psn-heres-a-temporary-fix/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement