Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah Sleeping Dogs has been a bit slow downloading alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Roar wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing incredibly slow download speeds? Been trying to download Infamous from PsPlus but it's only downloaded 3 gigabytes in three hours. Annoying!

Yeah, I'm downloading the Swapper to the Vita, 221MB taking 20 mins so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm a new PS plus member ... Got my PS4 on Tuesday.

I have €50 in my PS wallet... Im thinking of getting Assassins Creed Black Flag for 25 as I see its on offer....
    So the remaining 25... Im thinking of the game of thrones season pass thing... Can anyone recommend it... Or even advise against it?
    Or I'm open to suggestions for what to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I have €50 in my PS wallet... Im thinking of getting Assassins Creed Black Flag for 25 as I see its on offer....
    So the remaining 25... Im thinking of the game of thrones season pass thing... Can anyone recommend it... Or even advise against it?

You could pick up the two Walking Dead Telltale games or one of them and Wolf Among Us for less than 25 and they are all worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I had great craic playing a couple of levels of Duke Nukem last night. It's kind of weird how much I could remember of it from playing it about 17-18 years ago on my Mac. It also made me very, very old…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

+1 on remembering The Duke Nukem levels. Started the first level and I started to jump up to get the rpg on the right without really thinking about it :) Found myself looking towards the sneaky spawns before walking around corners. Four player LAN play used to be mad craic so might try the multiplayer later. Nothing like shrinking your mates then stomping on them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

You could pick up the two Walking Dead Telltale games or one of them and Wolf Among Us for less than 25 and they are all worth it.

Agree with kunst, walking dead is great.
    I'd also recommend Sleeping dogs Definitive Edition. Also €25 in the sale I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Not that I've got any inside knowledge or anything but, judging by AC3, I reckon that Black Flag will be on the IGC some time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

van_beano wrote: »
    Not that I've got any inside knowledge or anything but, judging by AC3, I reckon that Black Flag will be on the IGC some time this year.

Damn, I didn't even consider that.... Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MS were giving Black Flag away for free with AC Unity Xbone bundles before Christmas. AC3 was on the IGC within 11 months of it's release probably due to its bad reception. Black Flag is out about 13 months now, it was in shops for the PS4 2 days before the PS4 was released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Really, really enjoying the Swapper. Took a while for it to click for me, about a half an hour or so, but when it did I couldn't put it down. The puzzles always feel fair - when I don't succeed at one it's my own fault - and as a result it's never so frustrating that you want to turn it off. Looking forward to finishing it later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

The Swapper is great!
    Also got Hotline Miami in the sale and it's bonkers. Love the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I tried playing the Swapper because I read somewhere it's a long the same lines as Braid. I just found the whole thing boring, maybe I didn't give it enough time but I hate those puzzles where I just need to start from the back and work forward and the puzzle is solved no real thinking required.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lads, I'm 98% certain to be picking up a PS4 next weekend. I've been adding all the PS4 PS+ games every month and I've obviously noted the, ummm, mixed feedback that they've had. Which games do I need to be checking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The Swapper, Stick it to the Man, Outlast and Resogun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Velocity 2X and Strider too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I enjoyed Don't Starve as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Dust: An Elysian Tail and Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Apologies for the maybe stupid question but I'm very new to Playstation Plus after years away from gaming. I see the likes of Argos and Smyths selling PS+ annual subscriptions but the box has the UK flag on it.

Will such a code work on the Irish site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

tallpaul wrote: »
    Apologies for the maybe stupid question but I'm very new to Playstation Plus after years away from gaming. I see the likes of Argos and Smyths selling PS+ annual subscriptions but the box has the UK flag on it.

Will such a code work on the Irish site?

Yea it will.

• Advertisement

....will it? Are you sure?

I've bought one from Argos before and it worked.

If in doubt just ask at the counter in Smyths. I don't see why they'd sell them here if it ties you to a UK account.

The UK and Irish stores are different and you can't use a GBP-value card on the Irish store or vice versa. I have a GBP account as my main account and have to order top-ups online.

I'm surprised that the 3/12 month membership cards are not similarly tied to GB accounts. If that is the case for Euro cards then that'll make it much easier for me to renew my membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Add The Swapper to that list Beefy... started playing it and so far it's brilliant.

I love how you have that lightbulb moment to progress.

Also.. I love how posters have given you different games. It just shows even amongst all the complaining there are always games for someone out there.

Keep meaning to get back and play Trine and Dust.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I've bought one from Argos before and it worked.

I'm almost certain that it does not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

UK codes for the UK store
    Irish codes for the Irish store

It has been like this since they started selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The less said about 'First Light' the better. The Swapper on the other hand is fantastic.

lertsnim wrote: »
    UK codes for the UK store
    Irish codes for the Irish store

It has been like this since they started selling them.

Someone should point this out to Argos and Smyths then.
    The card i got from Smyths before must have been an Irish one so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I loved Infamous Second Son, but really not enjoying First Light. Just don't like that character.

What I played of The Swapper pretty cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement