Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I finished First Light, and enjoyed getting a bite-sized taster of Second Son. When it works, it's a lot of fun, and some of the mechanics - such as weak point targeting or the singularity move - are gratifying and enjoyably destructive. I enjoyed having a manageable open-world that could be easily bested within a couple of hours - given I find most open worlds painfully full of filler, to me a lean world is actually a benefit. The combat arenas definitely seem to make the combat feel more tactical.

That said, it still has many of the issues I had with the first Infamous, the only other game in the series I've played. The mission design is reliably insipid throughout. The actual world itself is terribly uninspired. The characters are dull. Some of the powers are fun for a while, but lose their sheen rather quickly - particularly the core 'lightspeed' run. Attempts to wreak chaos are undermined by a world that offers few opportunities to do so.

Still, the game was brief enough that it was more or less over by the time anything became a chore. Light fun while it lasted, and thankfully it didn't last very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I finished First Light, and enjoyed getting a bite-sized taster of Second Son. When it works, it's a lot of fun, and some of the mechanics - such as weak point targeting or the singularity move - are gratifying and enjoyably destructive. I enjoyed having a manageable open-world that could be easily bested within a couple of hours - given I find most open worlds painfully full of filler, to me a lean world is actually a benefit. The combat arenas definitely seem to make the combat feel more tactical.

That said, it still has many of the issues I had with the first Infamous, the only other game in the series I've played. The mission design is reliably insipid throughout. The actual world itself is terribly uninspired. The characters are dull. Some of the powers are fun for a while, but lose their sheen rather quickly - particularly the core 'lightspeed' run. Attempts to wreak chaos are undermined by a world that offers few opportunities to do so.

Still, the game was brief enough that it was more or less over by the time anything became a chore. Light fun while it lasted, and thankfully it didn't last very long.

Besides the many other problems you've listed, I found the game itself to be exceptionally easy. Almost zero challenge contained within.

Any chance 'Transistor' will come out on PS+ soon? Or should I just buy it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Orizio wrote: »
    Any chance 'Transistor' will come out on PS+ soon? Or should I just buy it now.

I would just say buy it as it's worth it. :)

Keep meaning to go back and mess around with the different fighting methods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Someone should point this out to Argos and Smyths then.
    The card i got from Smyths before must have been an Irish one so.

I think they just use a stock photo of the case which happens to have the uk flag on it, but they both sell Irish ps+ and psn credit...with the Irish flag on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the 10% discount is for this weekend only and can't be used to purchase PS+ subs
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/20/grab-10-playstation-store-discount-friday/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So the 10% discount is for this weekend only and can't be used to purchase PS+ subs
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/20/grab-10-playstation-store-discount-friday/

The weekend before most people get paid the dickh*ads. Was hoping to pick up drive club for €22.50

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got the discount code on my Japanese account, no sign on others.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Seems not available to use on preorders either. I think some people were hoping to use it for their preorders for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Seems not available to use on preorders either. I think some people were hoping to use it for their preorders for the year.

On the us store you mean?

Been playing The Swapper steadliy over the last few days. An hour here and there and it really is excellent.

• Advertisement

Confirmed that pre-orders will NOT be eligible for the -10% discount this weekend (USA and EU): http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/#sf7044009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

CombatCow wrote: »
    Confirmed that pre-orders will NOT be eligible for the -10% discount this weekend: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/#sf7044009

And the Bloodborne pre-order has just been added to the store just to tease us :(

That is bloody disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

How can I check what date my subscription expires?... Think mine runs out some time in Feb just not sure what date...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

How can I check what date my subscription expires?... Think mine runs out some time in Feb just not sure what date...

Settings>PSN>Services List

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Any idea what the free games are going to be for February? I'm new enough to this so not sure if the list is released at the same time each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

So have drive club PS plus edition in my store, but its 25 euro. Is the ps plus edition not supposed to be free?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Luke92 wrote: »
    So have drive club PS plus edition in my store, but its 25 euro. Is the ps plus edition not supposed to be free?

It was delayed indefinitely. The version you are seeing is the upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

lertsnim wrote: »
    It was delayed indefinitely. The version you are seeing is the upgrade.

So its available for me to buy and play now, but not free just yet. That's poo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any idea what the free games are going to be for February? I'm new enough to this so not sure if the list is released at the same time each month.

We will probably have some idea or rumors by the middle of next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Luke92 wrote: »
    So its available for me to buy and play now, but not free just yet. That's poo

Well it was €40 when released and then it was a broken mess. Now it's almost half price with even more features (variable weather effects) than when it launched and it's fully fixed.

At €25 you can't go wrong with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

Got a new PS3 for my brother the other day there. Ideally Id like for him to have his own account on the PS3 but be able to play my PS+ games on it. I also have a PS3, PS4 and Vita if that makes any difference. So is there any way this can be done?

So basically he'll use his own account but download my games every month.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just creat a new profile for him and if it logs into psn by default log out and create a new account there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Taltos wrote: »
    Just creat a new profile for him and if it logs into psn by default log out and create a new account there too.

Think you can only have one profile on the Vita?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

What's the best online PS4 game magazine for reviews, news n generally keeping up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What's the best online PS4 game magazine for reviews, news n generally keeping up to date?

Every site is subjective and everyone has differing views about individual sites, so really there is no best site, if you want to keep up to date just follow Neogaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Well it was €40 when released and then it was a broken mess. Now it's almost half price with even more features (variable weather effects) than when it launched and it's fully fixed.

At €25 you can't go wrong with this.

At €25 it really is a no brainer for anyone interested in racing games.
    I got it a couple of days ago with the current 10% discount so paid €22.50.

From my limited play of it so far I havent had any issues with online or offline play (other than me being crap :o) and after my very slow download overnight in the end it opened up all the tracks and effects etc...

Anywho, I started a club..

"Boards Club"

...is the name if anyone wants to send a request. Couple of spots free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

pushsquare is pretty good for all things PS tho a little biased obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

How long is driveclub €25 for??

• Advertisement

Apparantly this is the price going forward...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement