Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Is it today we find out which games are free for February? Haven't heard a whisper about anything yet and was wondering what was coming up for next month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

wilser wrote: »
    Is it today we find out which games are free for February? Haven't heard a whisper about anything yet and was wondering what was coming up for next month
    Yes it should be today after lunch usually but it doesn't seem to be guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Any sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Nothing on the EU blog yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rumours that Thief will be the game on PS3, wouldn't mind playing that on PS4.

thief-ps3-free-game-for-february-2015.jpg

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Rumours that Thief will be the game on PS3, wouldn't mind playing that on PS4.

thief-ps3-free-game-for-february-2015.jpg

Arrah, there's always rumours.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Arrah, there's always rumours.

Well if you like Rumours I also heard the PS4 game will be Half Life 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If you like Rumours, you mightn't like Tusk…

Never played Half Life, is it any use?

Swapper last month was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I wish there was a feature to "trade" your current months choice of free download for something off the back catalogue.
    I've only had PS+ for a few weeks, but some of the back catalogue looks good. I see Red Dead Redemption was once available for PS3. It would be great if you were limited to the same amount of downloads per month but could choose anything that is on the Instant Games Collection list.

If you like Rumours, you mightn't like Tusk…

If you don't like Tusk, you mightn't like Red State...

Anyway on the German PS Blog:

Die Zusammenfassung:

Nicht mehr bei PS Plus verfügbar:
    4. Februar: inFamous First Light
    4. Februar: The Swapper
    4. Februar: Prototype 2
    4. Februar: DuckTales Remastered
    4. Februar: Woah Dave!
    4. Februar: Duke Nukem: 3D Megaton Edition

Demnächst bei PS Plus verfügbar:
    4. Februar: Apotheon (PS4)
    4. Februar: Transistor (PS4)
    4. Februar: Thief (PS3)
    4. Februar: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
    4. Februar: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
    4. Februar: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

tigger123 wrote: »
    Never played Half Life, is it any use?

Swapper last month was very good.

Lol... It's alright! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If you don't like Tusk, you mightn't like Red State...

Anyway on the German PS Blog:

Die Zusammenfassung:

Nicht mehr bei PS Plus verfügbar:
    4. Februar: inFamous First Light
    4. Februar: The Swapper
    4. Februar: Prototype 2
    4. Februar: DuckTales Remastered
    4. Februar: Woah Dave!
    4. Februar: Duke Nukem: 3D Megaton Edition

Demnächst bei PS Plus verfügbar:
    4. Februar: Apotheon (PS4)
    4. Februar: Transistor (PS4)
    4. Februar: Thief (PS3)
    4. Februar: Yakuza 4 (PS3)
    4. Februar: Rogue Legacy (PS4, PS3, PS Vita Cross Buy)
    4. Februar: Kick and Fennick (PS Vita)

Ha, the funniest thing I ever seen was the missus falling asleep 15 minutes into watching 'Tusk' and waking up an hour later, seeing what was on the screen and trying to figure out if she was still dreaming. 'Red State' was awesome though.

I was actually talking about about Fleetwood Mac but, sigh, I'd guess you'd rather jack…

Nice lineup for February. I was going to buy Thief when it was going cheap in the January Sale but thought better of it. Glad I held off.

I was actually talking about about Fleetwood Mac but, sigh, I'd guess you'd rather jack…

Haha I know, I thought we could play a game where you take the last thing and relate it to something else, while we wait for the games to be announced but now they are here we can give out that the PS4 ones are stupid Indies that no one wants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

More PS4 platformers. And an isometric one. Whoo-hoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Shame thief is not cross play, would have tried it on ps4, I'll purchase but won't download like half my library.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Have rogue already, otherwise it's good.

Might have to get a 2t drive for ps3, have 1tb in both now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Super lineup if that's it. Transistor is damn close to a masterpiece, probably has the most robust and imaginative combat system I've played in an RPG in years. Everything else is beautifully designed too.

And free Yakuza cannot be sniffed at. Never actually got around to four, and there's virtual Japanese arcades to visit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Confirmed on the blog now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I was thinking of buying Transistor so cool.
    Rogue Legacy - I have and enjoy big time.

Thief - played it on PS4, disappointed, can see that it had the potential to be great but it was just let down either due to time or something else but it is just missing a few key things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Super lineup if that's it. Transistor is damn close to a masterpiece, probably has the most robust and imaginative combat system I've played in an RPG in years. Everything else is beautifully designed too.
    Has there ever been a game on PS Plus you didnt think was absolutely amazing?

Varik wrote: »
    Have rogue already, otherwise it's good.

Might have to get a 2t drive for ps3, have 1tb in birth now.

Maybe it'll have a baby 2tb for you.

I must check to see if I actually bought Thief on PC. I know I was tempted a few times

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, ****loads of them, although tend to just ignore the ones I have no interest in and move on with my life. But there's typically one or two a month I'm fond of, and Transistor was one of the best games I played last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The one thing PS Plus is enforcing for me is not to buy indie titles. Over the past few months, there's been a few games, such as SteamWorld, Fez and now Rogue Legacy, that I have bought that came to Plus. While I didn't spend a fortune, they weren't games I had to buy at the time as I have enough of a backlog! Transistor was one I was looking at and nearly pulled the plug on during the Christmas sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Delighted with Transistor. I was waiting for it to come to + but I was starting to crack. Bastion was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

pulled the plug on Transistor and Rogue Legacy recently altho at reduced sale prices.
    Yakuza sounds good though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I love the visual style of Apotheon, looking forward to that one!

chrislad wrote: »
    The one thing PS Plus is enforcing for me is not to buy indie titles. Over the past few months, there's been a few games, such as SteamWorld, Fez and now Rogue Legacy, that I have bought that came to Plus. While I didn't spend a fortune, they weren't games I had to buy at the time as I have enough of a backlog! Transistor was one I was looking at and nearly pulled the plug on during the Christmas sales.

Think this was actually a reason given by the developer of Stealth Inc as to why the sequel was exclusive to Wii U. He said he wanted people to buy the game instead of waiting to get it for free on Plus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Apparently they are very well compensated for allowing their games to go on PS Plus

Also if they have any DLC's or Micro Transactions its probably worth their while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement