Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

R.F. wrote: »
    Apparently they are very well compensated for allowing their games to go on PS Plus

Also if they have any DLC's or Micro Transactions its probably worth their while
    True I'd say the resogun devs made a fortune on the dlc due to the very large customer base it got from being free on top of what they got off sony. I'd say there's no way they would of made the same amount of money with normal sales.

I like the indie games on plus they are usually more original than the AAA games that are coming out these days which tend to be all very similar to appeal to the wider casual gamer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Anyone can confirm if any is cross buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Anyone can confirm if any is cross buy?

Rogue legacy PS3/4/vita

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rogue Legacy is I believe, believe all the rest are platform-specific. Pretty sure Thief isn't anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

I'm more than happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Saw this on the blog from one of the people commenting underneath:
    Slightly off topic but useful recommendation / reminder to active ps+ users, regarding the following games:

–Don’t Starve
    –RESOGUN
    –Hotline Miami
    –Thomas Was Alone
    –Dead Nation

If you have put those games in your download list when they were offered as part of the IGC, and you are still a ps+ member, go over to the ps store and ”buy” them again for free. In most of the above cases, the state of ownership will change and the games will no longer be tied to your sub, but they will be yours to keep forever. In some cases, you get to keep the free game for the console that is bought for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Transistor and Rogue Legacy are both excellent games, shame I already have them though, very happy with Apotheon, have had my eyes on it for a few months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Already own three of these, would have have liked thief on ps4, lesson to self never buy games again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Really looking forward to playing Transistor,nearly caved and bought it in the last steam sale. Had heard the rumours that it was coming to plus so glad i held off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Went and bought myself a Vita the other day. Rogue Legacy will keep me veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrry busy I'd imagine. :)

Good job impulse buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

Rogue Legacy is fantastic! it's a shame I bought it a few months ago but it's good to see that it'll be appreciated by a larger audience now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Can't wait until PS 5 comes out...then we'll have good games on PS4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

NeVeR wrote: »
    Can't wait until PS 5 comes out...then we'll have good games on PS4 :)

Transistor isn't a good game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

daUbiq wrote: »
    Transistor isn't a good game?

Got to be honest here and say transistor didn't do it for me in the end. I thought the setting was great and the first time the controller spoke to me was amazing but after a few levels, I just lost interest in the battle system. It's an interesting approach no question but personally I didn't enjoy it enough to continue.

I am very excited about rogue legacy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah I played it for about 2-3 hours but it didn't grab me enough to continue, the combat felt a bit repetitive and I could never grab the powers interface, seemed unnecessarily complex.

I just finished the story to Sleeping Dogs which I really enjoyed. Is Yakuza 4 similar to that at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just finished the story to Sleeping Dogs which I really enjoyed. Is Yakuza 4 similar to that at all?

Not really, Sleeping Dogs is a much more traditional GTA-like. Yakauza is considerably more idiosyncratic, definitely comparable to Shenmue in quite a few ways - smaller sandboxes (but pretty densely packed with plenty of fun side-games - from fully-functional arcade games to Japanese gambling dens), significant RPG elements, very different combat system. Storywise, Yakauza has always been a weird mix of soap opera and gangster politics with lots of cutscenes - probably the weakest element TBH, although it has its fans too. Still, the series has a lot of unique charms, and it is the most proudly Japanese game ever made - the cities, small though they are, are easily the most accurate representations of contemporary Japan in all games (right down to the traffic lights jingles and the contents of convenience stores). Not for everybody for probably the same reasons it has its loyal, passionate fans, but definitely worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not really, Sleeping Dogs is a much more traditional GTA-like. Yakauza is considerably more idiosyncratic, definitely comparable to Shenmue in quite a few ways - smaller sandboxes (but pretty densely packed with plenty of fun side-games - from fully-functional arcade games to Japanese gambling dens), significant RPG elements, very different combat system. Storywise, Yakauza has always been a weird mix of soap opera and gangster politics with lots of cutscenes - probably the weakest element TBH, although it has its fans too. Still, the series has a lot of unique charms, and it is the most proudly Japanese game ever made - the cities, small though they are, are easily the most accurate representations of contemporary Japan in all games (right down to the traffic lights jingles and the contents of convenience stores). Not for everybody for probably the same reasons it has its loyal, passionate fans, but definitely worth a go.

This actually sounds great! Can't wait to try this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Am looking forward to trying out Yakuza. The other games look pretty decent too.

Cheers looking forward to trying it out next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought Transistor a few days ago. Balls.

It is amazing though.

Games are live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Got a mail saying battlefield : hard line is in beta for a week, open to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was able to add them on my phone but they're not there to download. Shown as free but can't add them as it says I'm not eligible.

Bf hardline download work however.

Varik wrote: »
    Was able to add them on my phone but they're not there to download. Show as free but can't add them as it says I'm illegible.

You should probably stop writing on your phone and just use the text function. It'll be easier for them to understand you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Only played the first Yakuza and whilst the gameplay was somewhat weak I loved the game for what it was. JU hits the nail on the head, it's quintessentially Japanese in every sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Got a 2TB drive waiting to be installed in to my PS4. I understand I need to download the firmware and stick that on a USB stick. Also, can back up my saves etc. What about the actual games. Can these be backed up ? Will I lose my previous PSN+ unable to re-install them once I've swapped out the hard drive for the new one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

TinCool wrote: »
    Got a 2TB drive waiting to be installed in to my PS4. I understand I need to download the firmware and stick that on a USB stick. Also, can back up my saves etc. What about the actual games. Can these be backed up ? Will I lose my previous PSN+ unable to re-install them once I've swapped out the hard drive for the new one ?

When I upgraded the harddrive on my PS3, the saves back up fine but the games themselves were a bit hit and miss; some required complete redownloading.

Your PSN account and Plus subscription will be unaffected once you log back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,537 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You can only back up saves on PS4, sync trophies and back up each save.

You need a PSN account to back up anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Started Infamous First Light last night and finished it today (Just the campaign, not all the challenges etc)

I actually liked it a lot. Didn't overstay it's welcome and had fun going around the city again. I really hope they improve on the missions though as in a game 3-4 times bigger (like second son) they can get ridiculously repetitive.

Neon is still the absolute best way to traverse in any game. Feels so good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement