Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just gave Prototype 2 a go there. Probably couldn't have picked a much worse PS+ game (Saints Row 3 being the only other I can think of) to go to after playing Infamous.

The opening tutorial was clunky and felt like an absolute pain and the game just looks bad. I know I'm being spoilt by the PS4 now but this game really doesn't look like it pushed the PS3 at all.

Going to check out Duck Tales now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I spent a few weeks semi-addicted to Rogue Legacy when I picked it up in a Steam sale a year or two ago.

Decided to give the PS4 version a test run and I'm semi-addicted again :/ It's just the perfect length for 'one more go' as runs don't last as long as they do in, say, Binding of Isaac.
    tok9 wrote: »
    Neon is still the absolute best way to traverse in any game. Feels so good.

Neon was fun for sure at first, but even by the end of First Light's modest running time I felt its limitations were too apparent. Simply put it feels too automated, and that makes it less involving once the initial novelty has worn off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've given Transistor about 2 hours so far but not sure I'll go back to it. Great visuals and the soundtrack is really cool, but something is not clicking between me and the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Started Infamous First Light last night and finished it today (Just the campaign, not all the challenges etc)

I actually liked it a lot. Didn't overstay it's welcome and had fun going around the city again. I really hope they improve on the missions though as in a game 3-4 times bigger (like second son) they can get ridiculously repetitive.

Neon is still the absolute best way to traverse in any game. Feels so good.

The controls in the game are very good.

Everything else on the other hand...well very much 8-10 hours of my life I'll never get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

DarkJager wrote: »
    I've given Transistor about 2 hours so far but not sure I'll go back to it. Great visuals and the soundtrack is really cool, but something is not clicking between me and the gameplay.

I felt the same initially but then I just got into it. Fiddling with all the powers, upgrades and passive abilities and seeing how they work out is great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I gave transistor 10 minutes.... Which is 6 minutes more than I gave Rouge Legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I gave transistor 10 minutes.... Which is 6 minutes more than I gave Rouge Legacy.

Games for kids amirite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Absolutely love this song from the Transistor soundtrack

The game itself didn't do much for me though tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Orizio wrote: »
    Games for kids amirite.

No, unless you are being sarcastic? Both are very challenging so not for kids. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

War declared! Helldivers do battle on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next month
    Arrowhead Game Studios in conjunction with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today signed the Declaration of War between Super Earth and the intergalactic alien threats.

We are now preparing for war.

With immediate effect from 4th March, 2015, Helldivers are to be dispatched to the front lines of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems.

Looks like we know one of our March PS+ games then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Otacon wrote: »
    War declared! Helldivers do battle on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita next month

Looks like we know one of our March PS+ games then.

X-com meets Starship Troopers. Could be a bit of fun from the looks of it.

That would be a great free game just because it's co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Helldivers and White Night then for PS+ possibly next month, both out March 4th.

Xenji stop getting my hopes up. I'd be delighted with that.

Xenji stop getting my hopes up. I'd be delighted with that.

That makes two of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

X-com meets Starship Troopers.

If one line could ever convince me to play a game, this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Hell Divers does look like fun alright. The always-on friendly fire is going to be a laugh. Hopefully there will be a good few people playing it for co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Posted before but was in the wrong place but thanks to those who replied, thread has been closed so I can't reply on it.

Where's the best price for ps+ or any deals on it right now?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

No deals on ps+ or irish psn credit, just have to bite the bullet and buy from the PSN store,hmv,GameStop etc.Makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Ok, thank you. I just wanted to be sure before I made a purchase. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Started playing Rogue Legacy on Vita yesterday.

Jaysus, "One more go." doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I'm addicted too, good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

It is compelling with its clever upgrade system but I can't help feel I'd be better off playing Castlevania.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As someone who doesn't get a lot of time to game and is primarily playing on handheld it's the perfect type of game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've been subbing monthly to PSN since christmas since I couldn't afford a year's at once, my last monthly sub started on the 12th Feb.

If I buy a year's sub today will my account last until this day one year or will it be the days left on my other sub plus a year

I've been subbing monthly to PSN since christmas since I couldn't afford a year's at once, my last monthly sub started on the 12th Feb.

If I buy a year's sub today will my account last until this day one year or will it be the days left on my other sub plus a year

The latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

The subscription stacks, you'll have your days left plus a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Xenji wrote: »
    The latter.
    van_beano wrote: »
    The subscription stacks, you'll have your days left plus a year.

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looks class can't wait to have a go on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Hi folks, I'm new to the ps4 world so just wondering when these free games change up on ps+? Start of each month?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement