Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I haven't even touched Counterspy or Oddworld yet. OlliOlli is ridiculously good. I actually feel bad that it was a 'free' game. Feel like buying the 1st one just to send some bucks to the devs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I haven't even touched Counterspy or Oddworld yet. OlliOlli is ridiculously good. I actually feel bad that it was a 'free' game. Feel like buying the 1st one just to send some bucks to the devs.

Wouldn't Sony be sending a percentage of PSN+ subscriptions to game devs? I think it would be illegal for Sony to be claiming 100% of revenue from subscriptions and not to send any to the devs.

Oh I know that but I feel like what ever Sony gave/are giving them isn't enough :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    Wouldn't Sony be sending a percentage of PSN+ subscriptions to game devs? I think it would be illegal for Sony to be claiming 100% of revenue from subscriptions and not to send any to the devs.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Oh I know that but I feel like what ever Sony gave/are giving them isn't enough :p

Based on a few not-particularly-detailed comments from other devs who have had their games on PS+, Sony appears to negotiate a fixed upfront fee with them to add the games to the IGC. No details are available as it all appears to be NDA'd.

Interesting, I still think it's strange the 1st one wasn't free instead so people would have incentive to buy the new one. Not many people will buy backwards. They must have getting a nice bit to do that, would be great to know a ball park figure for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

[QUOTE=sheehy83;94568292 Not many people will buy backwards. .[/QUOTE]

You don't know me then...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

tigger123 wrote: »
    Am loving Counterspy, reminds me of Golden eye for some reason.
    Vyse wrote: »
    Agreed. I booted it up last night, with low to no expectations, and was pleasantly suprised. Lots of great games on PS Plus at the moment, ones that I would normally never look at.

Agreed. Think it is very stylishly done and I am enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Otacon wrote: »
    Based on a few not-particularly-detailed comments from other devs who have had their games on PS+, Sony appears to negotiate a fixed upfront fee with them to add the games to the IGC. No details are available as it all appears to be NDA'd.

It's bound to be a fixed upfront amount as it'll have nothing to do with sales. Chuffed to get Sherlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

RikuoAmero wrote: »
    You don't know me then...

I bought the first one when it was on sale a few weeks back, was 3 quid, well worth it, haven't actually had a go of the new one yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

OlliOlli is equally the most addictive and frustrating game I've played in a while.

I keep wanting to press X to jump and triangle to grind. It's just THPS muscle memory kicking in.

Ha ha I had to stop playing it because I was doing the EXACT same thing. Everytime I pressed triangle it kicked me back to the menu so I had to stop as I was getting frustrated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Dishonored for the PS3 on next months IGC

https://twitter.com/playstationeu/status/573930374474121216

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

van_beano wrote: »
    Dishonored for the PS3 on next months IGC

https://twitter.com/playstationeu/status/573930374474121216

I suppose I should play it now before April to justify paying for it...

I suppose I should play it now before April to justify paying for it...

I finished it back in 2012, one of my favourite games. Between Corvo Attano and Ezio Auditore I was blessed with playing memorable characters in 2012. At least it'll be one game less in my backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I finished it back in 2012, one of my favourite games. Between Corvo Attano and Ezio Auditore I was blessed with playing memorable characters in 2012. At least it'll be one game less in my backlog.

Tbf, I picked up the GOTY edition so at least I have all the additional DLC as well.

Tbf, I picked up the GOTY edition so at least I have all the additional DLC as well.

That's true, I got it brand new so the DLC's weren't out at the time. I definitely recommend playing the game if you get the chance. I checked up Thief and it looks similar to Dishonored so that'll be next on my list after Far Cry 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That's true, I got it brand new so the DLC's weren't out at the time. I definitely recommend playing the game if you get the chance. I checked up Thief and it looks similar to Dishonored so that'll be next on my list after Far Cry 4.

Don't bother with Thief, it's a huge letdown. It does not deserve to be apart of the Thief series IP. Dishonored is a much better example of what Thief was trying to and should have achieved.

It was free igc on PS3 last month. I have it for the PS4 and really need to get around to trading it in.

Don't bother with Thief, it's a huge letdown. It does not deserve to be apart of the Thief series IP. Dishonored is a much better example of what Thief was trying to and should have achieved.

It was free igc on PS3 last month. I have it for the PS4 and really need to get around to trading it in.

Thanks for the heads up, Captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Played about an hour or so of most of the PS+ offerings and this is probably one of the strongest months.

Oddworld - Just nice to revisit this. I imagine anyone growing up with a PS1 had to have some recollection of this game.

Valiant Hearts - I actually really like this. Unsurprisingly it feels more so like an interactive program as opposed to a game. I love everything else about it, art, music (my god the menu theme is beautiful.... it's tough to go back to the game when it starts playing), setting and story. Just really soaking it all up.

OlliOlli 2 - I don't need to say anything on this. It's brilliant, delighted to get it off plus. Only downside is I don't think cross save works.

CounterSpy - Only played the first mission but it seems really cool. Might be my commute game if I can give OlliOlli a rest.

Also lads.. 20% off Helldivers for PS+ members.. that game is a load of fun too. Doesn't seem to be many on boards who bought it.

Edit: The song I mentioned in Valiant Hearts is Lonely Pebble by Daniel Teper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

tok9 wrote: »

Also lads.. 20% off Helldivers for PS+ members.. that game is a load of fun too. Doesn't seem to be many on boards who bought it.

It looks great, but I can't justify spending that much on a game like that... I feel the 20euro price tag is just way too overpriced, would rather wait and get a full PS4 game for that instead..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Anyone having trouble installing Sherlock Holmes on their ps3?
    Have downloaded it twice and both times an error comes up during installation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Loving Counterspy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Went straight through Counterspy there today. Really really fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I know this questions is probably asked to death but is the cost of PS + membership similar across the board from all shops or online? Can't seem to find it cheaper then the online store price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

madcabbage wrote: »
    I know this questions is probably asked to death but is the cost of PS + membership similar across the board from all shops or online? Can't seem to find it cheaper then the online store price.

It's been pretty consistent the last year or so. Shows up once in a while cheap on adverts.ie though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Thank you, did think alright it wouldn't be much cheaper. Don't want to go down the road of using foreign addresses just to save a few quid. Can't complain considering the free games you get every month!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

This kinda thing pops up a bit of people trying to save a few quid here and there.
    Best go the official route, €50 is nothing considering that Sherlock Holmes game is €50 this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

wilser wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble installing Sherlock Holmes on their ps3?
    Have downloaded it twice and both times an error comes up during installation.

It downloaded and installed just fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Will give it a go again so

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Is hell divers worth it for someone who will play alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Is hell divers worth it for someone who will play alone?

Probably not as the missions will eventually just get too tough to play by yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement