Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Varik wrote: »
    The sub also renews to the exact subscription you got previously, if you bought 3 months it's renew another 3 months.
    I had used a code last year after a few months of having let the subscription lapse. So even when you use a code it switches on auto renew without asking. Kind of a ****ty practice IMO (I know MS do something similar on Xbox).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

I actually had come across the ps+ games.Thought they were new releases for ps4 generally in april.Im a dumba$$:o:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games are up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Games are up now.

Never Alone and Aaru's Awakening aren't even on the store for me never mind in the Plus section.

Never Alone and Aaru's Awakening aren't even on the store for me never mind in the Plus section.

All of them are up for me going through the app except Aaru's Awakening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Games go live today in the states and tomorrow in Europe. Try downloading anytime from 12 tomorrow and you should be golden.

Entering PS Plus:
    8th April: Tower of Guns (PS4/PS3)
    8th April: Never Alone (PS4)
    8th April: Dishonored (PS3)
    8th April: Aaru’s Awakening (PS4/PS3)
    8th April: Killzone Mercenary (PS Vita)
    8th April: MonsterBag (PS Vita)

I can get them all but nothing coming up for Aaru's awakening, anyone else the same?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I can get them all but nothing coming up for Aaru's awakening, anyone else the same?

Same for me at the moment as well.

All of them are up for me going through the app except Aaru's Awakening.

Tower of Guns is the only PS4 game in the store on the console :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Login in to the website and the others will show

Never Alone is on the website and you can download it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

same here..but they show up on ps3

D/L never alone was on the website only but not aaru's awakening...

Everyone dont forget Woah Dave is free on PS4/Vita aswell :)

Never Alone is a fantastic looking game, really enjoying it so far.

Aaru's Awakening is up there now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Aaru's Awakening is up there now too.

Really enjoying it.

Xenji wrote: »
    Really enjoying it.

L1 to jump gave me a terrible first impression. I don't know if it's going to be able to recover from that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Dishonoured is a very fun game. Well worth snapping up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Weak PS4 again. Where's the big games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Unearthly wrote: »
    Dishonoured is a very fun game. Well worth snapping up
    Easily one of my favourites last generation. Would buy a sequel in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Weak PS4 again. Where's the big games?

Of the fifty best rated games for PS4 on Metacritic, nine have been free with PS+.

Pos. Score Name
    8 90 Fez
    11 88 The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    13 87 TowerFall Ascension
    16 86 Velocity 2X
    19 85 OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
    34 84 The Swapper
    35 84 Resogun
    38 84 Trine 2: Complete Story
    41 83 Transistor

I am happy enough with that record.

IMO PS+ games should be ones you may not normally pick up. When they started giving out Injustice and First Light, I was disappointed as I already had them.

• Advertisement

I'm the opposite since I only recently bought a PS4, the majority of them are sitting in my Steam account, untouched.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

They'll not gonna release big games on a PS4 when the console is barely a year old.

I'm happy with most of the releases usually but this month is pretty weak Ps4-wise. I don't really use my ps3 anymore but that's dishonoured is a decent, recent enough title.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

.ak wrote: »
    They'll not gonna release big games on a PS4 when the console is barely a year old.

I'm happy with most of the releases usually but this month is pretty weak Ps4-wise. I don't really use my ps3 anymore but that's dishonoured is a decent, recent enough title.

PS4 is 2 years old in november, it's well past being 1 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Otacon wrote: »
    Of the fifty best rated games for PS4 on Metacritic, nine have been free with PS+.

Pos. Score Name
    8 90 Fez
    11 88 The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    13 87 TowerFall Ascension
    16 86 Velocity 2X
    19 85 OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
    34 84 The Swapper
    35 84 Resogun
    38 84 Trine 2: Complete Story
    41 83 Transistor

I am happy enough with that record.

IMO PS+ games should be ones you may not normally pick up. When they started giving out Injustice and First Light, I was disappointed as I already had them.

While one title there is a fav of mine (trine), the others not so much, but when you get into charts for a system that barely has any AA releases since launch, that chart is not so unpredictable at all, given 90% of PS4 releases has been remastered ps3 titles or indie titles that boast 60fps but look like something from a atari, quite the boast indeed.

I've been playing the planetside 2 beta also and it's been quite the let down.

Roll on the witcher 3 so can get some decent gameplay going, 200 hours boasted, lets just hope we don't see youtube videos a week after launch with a kid clearing it in 2 hours. :p

The games on that list are fine for my Vita, not for PS4. Witcher, Batman and JC 3 should do the system some justice. The remakes are just annoying at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...has Bloodborne not been released in Ireland or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Orizio wrote: »
    ...has Bloodborne not been released in Ireland or something?

Even if that was on PS+ this month I still wouldn't play it. Not into Hack and Slash games and all the Souls games make me feel ill when I play them for some reason. The Souls games are more marmite than mainstream though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

I'm really enjoying Killzone for the Vita. Took a bit of getting used to and there is a lot happening on the small screen but lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

SharpCoder wrote: »
    PS4 is 2 years old in november, it's well past being 1 year old.

Closer to one year than two. Point is that we ain't getting big retail titles any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Even if that was on PS+ this month I still wouldn't play it. Not into Hack and Slash games and all the Souls games make me feel ill when I play them for some reason. The Souls games are more marmite than mainstream though.

I was frightened of the souls games after trying them briefly but the dearth of big releases made me give Bloodborne a shot and it's blown me away. Much more than a hack and slash (GOW, Castlevania, DMC) and I'm taking my time getting though it but I have 4 bosses down now and only summoned help on one of them . The art style, story and level design are second to none and i'll be giving the souls a fresh crack after I finish this.
    Goty for sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement