Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    No luck on ebay. Just UK, US and Japan. Maybe it would be better if it used points then it could be universal.

XBL uses points and they aren't universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will just go ahead with the €50 card then. Not like would've saved much anyway.

No more word on what the next games will be? Though as was said by WarZoneBrother, Twisted Metal looks likely. The clown and then the kid in the buildings picture looks to be wearing a mask, probably from one of the cutscenes. I've never played a Twisted Metal game so would give it a chance

Just renewed my subscription, and just in time if we get a similar update to the US Plus update, since I haven't got the Walking Dead games yet and both are free
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/30/get-the-walking-dead-episodes-1-and-2-free-with-playstation-plus/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

20% off sound shapes is nice

The game is going to be Dead Space and/or Dead Space 2. Same guy just posted a picture of a line cutter

627831690.jpg?key=283178&Expires=1343732889&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hgPHxQGThszaOuuJEA7GuNkpCcLnzSx3sIGrKpeV6ULmjYQQcONduyWyYsU5Y9HvqPdRxtb64UvemwvCDthgnzEugiCKRC-opXWMfaxBb2ZwPPqAYbszXpcRvwOHmV7OYDOHL93glZYkjNF6bogsk-q41yM0QTvUYxSAeZYG-Xw_

Who famously had issues with an apple? Isaac Newton
    What's BETWEEN the two buildings? Space
    How do most people feel about clowns? Scared
    What tool is it? Line cutter

Rock of Ages is going to be free as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ShaneU wrote: »
    The game is going to be Dead Space and/or Dead Space 2. Same guy just posted a picture of a line cutter

627831690.jpg?key=283178&Expires=1343732889&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=hgPHxQGThszaOuuJEA7GuNkpCcLnzSx3sIGrKpeV6ULmjYQQcONduyWyYsU5Y9HvqPdRxtb64UvemwvCDthgnzEugiCKRC-opXWMfaxBb2ZwPPqAYbszXpcRvwOHmV7OYDOHL93glZYkjNF6bogsk-q41yM0QTvUYxSAeZYG-Xw_

Who famously had issues with an apple? Isaac Newton
    What's BETWEEN the two buildings? Space
    How do most people feel about clowns? Scared
    What tool is it? Line cutter

Rock of Ages is going to be free as well.

hopefully it's number 2, as i've got the first one.

So we have to wait for the offers? No listings until tomorrow apart from the samples given?
    Well think only thing I'll be looking out for is Harley's Revenge Arkham City DLC.

Have to laugh at the fact that their sale prices bring them down to retail prices. :)

Dunno whether to be happy or disappointed at that. Disappointed since I already have the game. Happy because my backlog of unplayed games is big enough. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Rock of Ages sounds like a computerised version of Crossbows and Catapaults (for any children of the 80s out there....)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Looking forward to playing the expansion DLC for Dead Space 2, handy it's 50% off

Had 1 ( not played yet) but did not have 2, brilliant.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Rock of Ages sounds like a computerised version of Crossbows and Catapaults (for any children of the 80s out there....)

Catapults always worked better unless you had a really smooth floor. Had Trojan Horse and Battle Shield set, Master Battle Set and Sea Battle Set. Never did get the Cyclops and Minotaur one.

Wonder if the free DS2 will mean renewed interest in the online multiplayer. Played it once after (kind of)finishing the main game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Catapults always worked better unless you had a really smooth floor. Had Trojan Horse and Battle Shield set, Master Battle Set and Sea Battle Set. Never did get the Cyclops and Minotaur one.

Crossbows were much more fun though - especially if you got a really strong elastic band which you could wrap round the mechanism two or three times. Those things could be lethal!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Crossbows were much more fun though - especially if you got a really strong elastic band which you could wrap round the mechanism two or three times. Those things could be lethal!

Or if you pulled it back too far, could do some damage to your hand.

Any update on the summer sale? Didn't see it mentioned in either of the store updates. Maybe it's getting a separate post on the blog?

There's 4 paid DLC packs for Dead Space 2, how does these rate.

3 are just item packs so how do these help or mess up the game as i've heard some people saying.

Any update on the summer sale? Didn't see it mentioned in either of the store updates. Maybe it's getting a separate post on the blog?

It's up now and it's pretty disappointing

FIFA 12 and L.A. Noire reduced (not reduced enough considering the next fifa is out in 2 months and L.A. Noire has been on sale for a fiver on pc).

The rest is meh, average psn games, old psp and disney ps one games. Chinatown wars for €5 is the only one I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

L.A. Noire reduced

How much?

RangeR wrote: »
    How much?

Complete edition is €24 or €20.39 with plus

Regular is €18 or €15.29 with plus

• Advertisement

That's not a bad price. Not great, but not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Pity I bought Dead Space 2 on Saturday.

Don't purchase retail games that are older than 6 months old, anymore.

RangeR wrote: »
    Don't purchase retail games that are older than 6 months old, anymore.

May I ask Why?

It usually takes me a while to get around to playing games or I wait for them to go down in price so it doesn't matter the age to me.

Is it because you trade them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

May I ask Why?

It usually takes me a while to get around to playing games or I wait for them to go down in price so it doesn't matter the age to me.

Is it because you trade them in?

I think RangeR is saying that he no longer buys older titles as there is a good chance they will be made available on PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Otacon wrote: »
    I think RangeR is saying that he no longer buys older titles as there is a good chance they will be made available on PS+.

I'm not too disappointed because it means I will still have a copy of Dead Space 2 whenever Sony shuts down the PS+ service.

So I see the latest offer in the Summer Sale is for Ghost Recon. €26.99 with PS+ discount

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

So I see the latest offer in the Summer Sale is for Ghost Recon. €26.99 with PS+ discount

Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Looking forward to playing the expansion DLC for Dead Space 2, handy it's 50% off

Ive finished dead space 2 on xbox and sold it - if I sign up for ps plus will I be able to play the dlc without having to bother with the original game once again?

• Advertisement

Cokeistan wrote: »
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

Ah yeah, sorry. Future Soldier

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement