Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone have any opinions on this month's games? Have them downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Tower of Guns is rubbish so I have deleted it already.
    Never Alone I like so tipping away at it when I have time. It's not exactly challenging though and I suspect a single playthrough might take only a few hours.
    Not tried Aaru's Awakening yet but from what I've seen of it I think I will like it.

Not tried anything for the PS3 or PS Vita yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Monsterbag on the Vita is a strange game. Quick enough to complete, worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

tigger123 wrote:
    Anyone have any opinions on this month's games? Have them downloading.

They look terrible although im downloading killzone on the vita which looks half decent considering its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dishonoured is class on the PS3 if anyone missed it first time around. Very under rated game. If only it was held back alittle to be released on the next gen consoles to benefit for more eye candy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Aaru's awakening and Tower of guns are both poor games, not for me anyway. Haven't tried Never Alone yet. Killzone vita looks amazing but I'm struggling to play it with the ergonomics of the vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

ShaneU wrote: »
    Aaru's awakening and Tower of guns are both poor games, not for me anyway. Haven't tried Never Alone yet. Killzone vita looks amazing but I'm struggling to play it with the ergonomics of the vita.

PS TV is your solution there :D

Played and 100%ed Never Alone last night, nice little game, very short. Side scrolling like Valiant Hearts and switching of characters like the Lego games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I can't use the Vita at all without using the grip I got for it, exact same one as this chap. Makes a massive difference imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Tower of guns is crap. I played half an hour of it and I just wasn't interested in what I saw. Never Alone is alright, enjoyed playing it but really there's not much to it. It's less a game and more a interactive heritage experience which is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Didn't think much of Never Alone, looks good and the videos are nice, but found the gameplay to be boring.

Finished Never Alone, was pulling my hair out at some of the platforming near the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I just finished valiant hearts. Goose bumps at the ending it's definitely an indie I'd recommend.

Don't know what to play next ive about 3 or 4 months worth of games to choose from on each platform.
    Suggestions welcome.

iamtony wrote: »
    I just finished valiant hearts. Goose bumps at the ending it's definitely an indie I'd recommend.

Don't know what to play next ive about 3 or 4 months worth of games to choose from on each platform.
    Suggestions welcome.

Never Alone will entertain you for about 4 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

van_beano wrote: »
    Never Alone will entertain you for about 4 hours!

I'll give it a shot thanks!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I really admired the setting and intentions of Never Alone. And in that respect the execution was skillful and fascinating. While it could not be accused of subtlety - a video explainer unlocked to emphasise every cultural detail - it did nonetheless elegantly work folklore and a very specific cultural tradition into the aesthetics, gameworld and gameplay in an impressive, enlightening way.

Sadly, it's also a pretty dreadful video game. The actual playing is at best uninspiring, at worst barely playable. I came across lots of technical glitches, and moments where the controls and camera seemed to simply break. Setpieces were buggy and contrived, aiming but failing to match the 'cinematic platforming' seen in the likes of Limbo. The platforming always feels floaty and unconvincing, prone to simply not working as they should. I do admit some of the frustrations would be slightly improved playing in co-op - as it's clearly meant to be played - but in single-player they're compounded by questionable AI and generally haphazard execution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone know if Oddworld will be free for the PS3 tomorrow if you've already got the PS4 version through PS Plus?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It is crossbuy yeah.

Started Dust: An Elysian Tail. Fun game, liking it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

van_beano wrote: »
    Started Dust: An Elysian Tail. Fun game, liking it so far!

it would be one of the better plus games that were released, trine was awesome too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

going against the grain but think Tower of Guns is a bit of fun/addictive if you give it some time, you get better guns and the rooms get more interesting..

at least its not another platformer : )

although would prefer 2 better games than 3, hoping for better next month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I really admired the setting and intentions of Never Alone. And in that respect the execution was skillful and fascinating. While it could not be accused of subtlety - a video explainer unlocked to emphasise every cultural detail - it did nonetheless elegantly work folklore and a very specific cultural tradition into the aesthetics, gameworld and gameplay in an impressive, enlightening way.

Sadly, it's also a pretty dreadful video game. The actual playing is at best uninspiring, at worst barely playable. I came across lots of technical glitches, and moments where the controls and camera seemed to simply break. Setpieces were buggy and contrived, aiming but failing to match the 'cinematic platforming' seen in the likes of Limbo. The platforming always feels floaty and unconvincing, prone to simply not working as they should. I do admit some of the frustrations would be slightly improved playing in co-op - as it's clearly meant to be played - but in single-player they're compounded by questionable AI and generally haphazard execution.

Completely agree with this. I was enjoying it up to the last chapter or 2 but then it got extremely buggy and frustrating. Still an interesting idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Bugs bugs bugs.

I don't know how many times the polar bear got the fox before the bug have way and he climbed and jumped the wall. I like the cultural cutscenes and only for those I would have given up long ago and deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Found a leaked/rumoured list of PS+ games for May on German PSN blog.

Really hope it' not true...

- Rayman Legends (PS4/PS3)
    - Knack (PS4)
    - Need For Speed Rivals (PS3)
    - Shovel Knight (PS4/PS3/PSVita)
    - Fruit Ninja (PSVita)
    - Asphalt Injection (PSVita)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

sheehy83 wrote: »

- Knack (PS4)
    - Fruit Ninja (PSVita)

Seems like a decent enough list to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

sheehy83 wrote: »

- Knack (PS4)
    - Fruit Ninja (PSVita)

Rayman Legends is a extremely good and fun game i love the game so much i have played in on PC, Vita and Xbox one LoL.

Knack is a fun game and not that bad and for free its a even better game.

Need For Speed Rivals is not that bad of a racing game but i played the PS4 version of it looked fantastic on that. But if it plays like the PS4 one its a good racing game.

Shovel Knight been reading extremely good things about this game and be delighted if it turns up next month on PS+ I might turn on my vita for the 1st time in months :p

The vita games are the only meh games on that list but 4 good games for PS + next month we be doing extremely well.

But i love this time of month when people come in and give out about the PS+ games i don't think anyone is ever happy with your FREE games.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That's a quality list. Would be delighted with that personally.

Shovel Knight definitely won't be free, only released on the store this week with 10% off for plus users

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya looks like bulls**t to me.

No better way to piss people off by getting them to buy something and then give it away free 2 weeks later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

That looks like a quality line up, so no chance its real :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement