Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Never played a Rayman game and knack doesn't look like my kind of thing. I was really happy to see NFS there but then saw its only for ps3. Typical how good the PS+ ps3 games got and ps3 psn sales since i sold my ps3!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Never played a Rayman game and knack doesn't look like my kind of thing. I was really happy to see NFS there but then saw its only for ps3. Typical how good the PS+ ps3 games got and ps3 psn sales since i sold my ps3!

I wouldn't be too disappointed not getting to play that NFS game. I got it for the PS4 last year and it is the weakest NFS I've played in some time. There were just too many things wrong with such as you can't drive anywhere without being chased by the cops. Plus the multiplayer implementation was terrible. You can't really play with friends without a lot of hassle.

Just checking the PS store for games with discounts (can't be bothered waiting for the announcement of the weekly deal) and saw Alien Isolation is only 20 euro from today for the next 2 weeks. Must not be THE weekly deal but been mad to pick that up for ages. Would prefer it on physical disk but can't say no to that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just checking the PS store for games with discounts (can't be bothered waiting for the announcement of the weekly deal) and saw Alien Isolation is only 20 euro from today for the next 2 weeks. Must not be THE weekly deal but been mad to pick that up for ages. Would prefer it on physical disk but can't say no to that price.

Was it on PS4 for that price ? Been looking at that game for a while without biting.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Was it on PS4 for that price ? Been looking at that game for a while without biting.

Yupp, saw it on the PS4. You have to search it as the store hasn't been updated yet today with new deals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You can get the Nostromo Edition on disk from Amazon for £17.99. With the current ex. rate and postage it's won't be as cheap as €20 but not bad for a physical copy. Or add a second game and get postage free.

That's a great price alright. I had 25 quid on my psn wallet anyway and was looking like I was gonna have to throw it away on some Indie I'd probably never play so this is perfect timing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Here is link with all discounts on PSN at the moment. I'm guessing it's another sale as US PSN has one for golden week. Some good deals
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

So knack will be the PS4 game? It was always going to happen. I'm glad now I've never bothered to pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

MarkY91 wrote: »
    So knack will be the PS4 game? It was always going to happen. I'm glad now I've never bothered to pick it up

Where are you seeing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deedsie wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that?

There was a leak on the official german site last week, although it also had Shovel Knight on it which makes me think it is not the final list, Knack also will be around a 36 gig download if true.

Some more good offers to go along with Alien Isolation.
    Watch_Dogs
    Original price £34.99/€39.99, now £15.99/€19.99

Metro 2033 Redux
    Original price £15.99/€19.99, now £9.49/€11.99

Metro: Last Light Redux
    Original price £15.99/€19.99, now £9.49/€11.99

Murdered: Soul Suspect
    Original price £34.99/€29.99, now £11.99/€14.99

Shadow Warrior
    Original price £24.99/€29.99, now £11.99/€14.99

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
    Original price £39.99/€29.99, now £11.99/€14.99

PS4
    Resident Evil HD
    Original price £15.99/€19.99, now £12.99/€15.99
    10% additional PS Plus discount
    Ends 6th May

Child Of Light
    70% Off

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

MarkY91 wrote: »

I bought it for my son at Xmas after Amazon were late shipping a few games. It was the cheapest game I could get in Gamestop. €20.

It's a simple but decent game that's worth a play through. It's basically a game that could have been released on PS2 I'd say because there's nothing technically fantastic about it in any shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

6th of May:

Ether One (PS4)
    Hohokum (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)
    Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
    The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)
    Race the Sun (PS4, PS3 and PS Vita)
    Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/29/playstation-plus-may-ether-one-hohokum-murasaki-baby/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

CombatCow wrote: »
    6th of May:

Ether One (PS4)
    Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/04/29/playstation-plus-may-ether-one-hohokum-murasaki-baby/

Was interested in Ether one and Murasaki baby, already have the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

5 ps4 games, not bad.

CombatCow wrote: »
    6th of May:

Ether One (PS4)
    Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)

Good month, Ether One, Murasaki Baby and Guacamelee are all very good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I got oddly addicted to Race The Sun last year. Good game on the Vita too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's another great month for me anyway.

The only game I definitely won't play is Unfinished Swan as I already beat it. All the rest are games I've been interested in or am interested in now (Ether One).

Has much changed in this version of Guacamelee?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

tok9 wrote: »

Has much changed in this version of Guacamelee?

Is it the same as the PS3 version but just all the DLC's available. Wonder will the PS3 save file cross over?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Hohokum was my favourite game of last year. I eagerly anticipate lots of people violently disagreeing with that when they play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think that is a pretty good month. Plenty of games I haven't played.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Guacamelee, we meet again.

My poor Vita almost went against the wall a few times playing that game. I look forward to playing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Otacon wrote: »
    I got oddly addicted to Race The Sun last year. Good game on the Vita too.

Yeah, great game have it on Steam but haven't really played since after launch..

Not enjoying Alien yet. Only just had my first encounter with the alien but finding myself a bit bored. Got the Trials Fusion season pass and its absolutely brilliant. The new tracks are excellently designed and some seriously tough ones.

Someone over at Gaf made the following chart since they changed to the 2 games per platform format.

BWACh60.png

Anyone who thinks PS+ is not good value at €50 is honestly crazy.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Guacamelee, we meet again.

My poor Vita almost went against the wall a few times playing that game. I look forward to playing it again.

I tried that on PS3 when it was free, got to the end of the first level, turned into a chicken and went into a loop of killing the guy and he'd respawn....I know I was missing something but didn't know what and gave up :( Must try it again on the PS4.

Not enjoying Alien yet. Only just had my first encounter with the alien but finding myself a bit bored.

Stick with it Sheehy.. that was probably my favourite game last year. I understand it has a slow enough start but my god is it intense in a dark room with some headphones!

tok9 wrote: »
    Stick with it Sheehy.. that was probably my favourite game last year. I understand it has a slow enough start but my god is it intense in a dark room with some headphones!

Was I spose stay a chicken? Felt a bit...underpowered to say the least :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

You transformed into a chicken when you needed to go through small areas you can't fit through when a human. You didn't have to stay as a chicken.

It's not a bad monthly update but I have 3 of the games already. That will happen from time to time I guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement