Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cadete wrote: »
    would those games have sold in their millions had they not been on ps plus?
    and why wouldnt they have sold in their millions?

So you would rather get games on PS+ based on how well it sells over critical reception?

Basically just give us old versions of COD and FIFA and you'll be happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

tok9 wrote: »
    So you would rather get games on PS+ based on how well it sells over critical reception?

Basically just give us old versions of COD and FIFA and you'll be happy?

what im saying was if they stopped ps igc tomorrow would i miss it? No because imo 99% of the offerings have been crap. What i would really like is an improvement in dl speeds and security to be honest and they can keep their indies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Let's just make one thing abundantly clear here: popularity does not equal quality, and vice versa. Never has, never will. Need to shut that particular line of argument down right now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Race The Sun is so god damn addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Can I make a suggestion please? The next person that comes in here and complains about the ' quality ' of games, be taken outside and shot.
    It's the same every single month and has gotten really old at this stage.

Please just stop.

• Advertisement

what im saying was if they stopped ps igc tomorrow would i miss it? No because imo 99% of the offerings have been crap. What i would really like is an improvement in dl speeds and security to be honest and they can keep their indies

Well then PS+ doesn't sound like it's for you/ I'd suggest you stop subscribing and let Sony know your discontent.

Personally I hope you're one of the only ones as PS+ is easily the best gaming service currently available on any platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Well then PS+ doesn't sound like it's for you/ I'd suggest you stop subscribing and let Sony know your discontent.

Personally I hope you're one of the only ones as PS+ is easily the best gaming service currently available on any platform.

I would but i play multiplayer so i have no choice,
    and because i have my own opinion dont take it to heart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

My sentiments here.i want to play games online and not pay 50e per year.i could do it on Ps3 Without Incurring charges. Why not on ps4? they have not improved the psn online service.if anything it has gotten worse with bigger downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This is next gen it's either pay to play online or go PC or Nintendo for your online gaming. That's the way the industry is. XBL is 60 per year, always was but lately that has got worse with more downtime than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My sentiments here.i want to play games online and not pay 50e per year.i could do it on Ps3 Without Incurring charges. Why not on ps4? they have not improved the psn online service.if anything it has gotten worse with bigger downloads.

Download speeds on the PS4 have vastly improved compared to the PS3.

• Advertisement

This is next gen it's either pay to play online or go PC or Nintendo for your online gaming. That's the way the industry is. XBL is 60 per year, always was but lately that has got worse with more downtime than ever.

seems so.shame really.
    console 400
    game 60
    to play it 50

You have a choice. You could get/play on PC.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. I'm not taking it to heart, I'm just satisfied with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

You have a choice. You could get/play on PC.

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. I'm not taking it to heart, I'm just satisfied with the service.
    -freeman
    No I don't.
    I don't have the choice of playing destiny on my couch with a controller.

This seems to be going off topic so I'll just leave it there instead of going in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Xenji wrote: »
    Download speeds on the PS4 have vastly improved compared to the PS3.

Download speeds are much better, but PSN overall is a poor service. Constant downtimes (to be fair, not been that bad recently) which wouldn't be acceptable for other paid services like Netflix, but for some reason it is acceptable for PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Benzino wrote: »
    Download speeds are much better, but PSN overall is a poor service. Constant downtimes (to be fair, not been that bad recently) which wouldn't be acceptable for other paid services like Netflix, but for some reason it is acceptable for PSN.

Actually to be fair, the outage tomorrow is the first one in ages I can remember, it's got to be nearly 6 months since the last maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

RedXIV wrote: »
    Actually to be fair, the outage tomorrow is the first one in ages I can remember, it's got to be nearly 6 months since the last maintenance?

Yeah, Christmas and maybe some of January were bad for PSN.

I think everyone agrees that PSN can be improved on but this thread is about PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I'm very happy with PS+, Some of the games even in the recent months were fantastic, Binding of Issac, Rogue Legacy, Valiant Hearts, Transistor are all amazing games. This months additions are great so far, Guacamelee and Unfinished Swan are both a great break from Bloodborne!!
    For those who complain about the service, I would say try all the games, there really are some gems each month!

I think everyone agrees that PSN can be improved on but this thread is about PS+.

And PS+ is required for online play. So reliability of PSN is an important aspect of PS+.

• Advertisement

We collectively as ps plus subscribers seem to find it acceptable to have downtimes of service because Sony don't have their shet together.its not acceptable this day and age unless we say it is.
    us gamers are a very forgiving bunch cos we love games in general so much.this is taken advantage of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

We collectively as ps plus subscribers seem to find it acceptable to have downtimes of service because Sony don't have their shet together.its not acceptable this day and age unless we say it is.
    us gamers are a very forgiving bunch cos we love games in general so much.this is taken advantage of.

Haha, yeah. Good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I've been subscribed to ps plus since it started and I'm very happy with the service. If you aren't happy with it? I suggest you contact Sony because moaning about it here won't help. In fact, it just annoys everyone. It's the same nonsense every month from you guys.

daUbiq wrote: »
    I've been subscribed to ps plus since it started and I'm very happy with the service. If you aren't happy with it? I suggest you contact Sony because moaning about it here won't help. In fact, it just annoys everyone. It's the same nonsense every month from you guys.

It's a thread about the discussions on play station plus.if you don't like my input. Then block me.there is a thing called free speech. I am expressing it.
    I have no idea of others from before the last 5 pages.

I don feel like I am moaning. I am trying to engage debate . unfortunate that some are taking it very personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I don feel like I am moaning. I am trying to engage debate . unfortunate that some are taking it very personal.

The debate happens every month though, its getting a bit tedious at this point, with the same gripes constantly being repeated.

Xenji wrote: »
    The debate happens every month though, its getting a bit tedious at this point, with the same gripes constantly being repeated.

No problem.i can see how it would get annoying. Looking forward to playing unfinished swan and hopeful for decent quality next month:)

Just as annoying as anybody who says anything negative about PS+ gets jumped on with "but all the free games". It's a discussion thread, if you don't like it, don't read it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I'm happy enough with PS plus in my 3 months so far. Obviously I would prefer free online or maybe better free games than chase the bloody sun which isn't great but the discounts in the store is handy and there are free gems like Valient Hearts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just hope the content improves greatly for the PS4 and Vita in the future . Ps3 content is very good because of the back catalogue ...but PS4 /Vita is the very poor cousin with over 80% of the games having zero interest to me .

The day Sony allow playback of PS3 content streamed to PS4 ,I will be a very happy man ...I have many ,many PS3 games waiting to go.

I'm now subbed up to nov 2022 on PSn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement