Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Vita games are poor! Now people are really pushing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The Unfinished Swan is garbage, there, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished Guac the other day, excellent fun. Even went straight back in to have another go at the end boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Picked up one of the reduced yearly subscriptions in Argos thanks to a bargain alert on boards. Downloaded the unfinished swan and to be completely honest it blew my mind. Huge fan of the Journey game which caused time to just disappear, loved the innovative style of unfinished swan and the moment when you first realise what is required was a WOW one for me.

This game alone was worth the €15, never would have played it otherwise; so I'm using the next year to experience different games good, bad or indifferent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Ha finished it on all 3 consoles, I've no idea what the story's about though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Picked up one of the reduced yearly subscriptions in Argos thanks to a bargain alert on boards. Downloaded the unfinished swan and to be completely honest it blew my mind. Huge fan of the Journey game which caused time to just disappear, loved the innovative style of unfinished swan and the moment when you first realise what is required was a WOW one for me.

This game alone was worth the €15, never would have played it otherwise; so I'm using the next year to experience different games good, bad or indifferent.

Have you a link please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

3206jake wrote: »
    Have you a link please ?

They're gone since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was supposed to do. Curiosity is what's making me play it though. I can't say I'm overly impressed by it but it does look nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ether One is pretty good - reminds me of Vanishing of Ethan Carter in terms of mood and concept, although with slightly more obtuse puzzling. However while Ethan Carter is probably one of the best looking games I've ever played (remain curious how well that will translate to PS4 eventually), Ether One is rather ugly to be frank, with unappealing UE4 cel shading. And technically it's a bit of a mess on PS4, with sluggish controls, fluctuating frame rate and an often haphazard feel.

Still, as a game it seems well worth playing, with a surprising amount of content if you choose to go digging around to find the puzzles. Hints of Myst and Dear Esther about it too, with an ambiguous narrative being teased out at the player's own pace.

Been downloading Project Cars since 11 thismorning. Did someone say the PS4 downloading speeds were much improved or am I dreaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Been downloading Project Cars since 11 thismorning. Did someone say the PS4 downloading speeds were much improved or am I dreaming?

They have, sometimes if you pause and unpause the download the speed greatly picks up, Driveclub's 9 gig update only took about an hour or so today on a 24mb line.

Been doing that alright, still terrible. What's Driveclub's update all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

Improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Put the PS4 in rest mode it'll download faster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just finished The Unfinished Swan there, I thought it was going to be terrible from reading here, I really enjoyed it. Very creative and original idea, I'd recommend it to anybody looking for something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I don feel like I am moaning. I am trying to engage debate . unfortunate that some are taking it very personal.

Fair enough but it's been debated a lot already. Hopefully next month is better for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just finished The Unfinished Swan there, I thought it was going to be terrible from reading here, I really enjoyed it. Very creative and original idea, I'd recommend it to anybody looking for something a bit different.

Yeah, I don't know why people think it's terrible, I thought it was a fantastic little game. Really inventive.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I really enjoyed the unfinished swan this month and valiant hearts last month. The retail games can wait in my opinion

Ether One keeps crashing on me at the same part ever time. I turn a handle and something falls through a dodgy looking floor and then I get "a problem has occurred" blue report screen. I was only starting to get into it, what a load of sh*te, not sure I'll bother starting over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Ether One keeps crashing on me at the same part ever time. I turn a handle and something falls through a dodgy looking floor and then I get "a problem has occurred" blue report screen. I was only starting to get into it, what a load of sh*te, not sure I'll bother starting over.

i had a similar problem, game just crashed randomly

it also causes the fan on my PS4 to go into over drive when I'm playing it, anyone else have that problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Same here. I loaded it up for the first time last night - the part where you are lowered in the chair and you are about to enter the memory, it completely froze. Didn't try it again - prob won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Hmmm.. think I'll hold off from playing till we get a patch so. Sounds really buggy.

tok9 wrote: »
    Hmmm.. think I'll hold off from playing till we get a patch so. Sounds really buggy.

It is, I could just about get over the terrible drops in framerate and glitchy graphics but constant crashing can piss right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yup terrible FPS, loud fan and crashes, the devs are pretty active on twitter and said 1.01 patch should of addressed these already, guess not...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It really is poorly optimised. I'm a few hours in, and while I haven't experienced any major issues yet, the whole thing feels like it's tied together with duct tape and could crash at any moment. I've had at least one moment where the frame rate felt like it was down in the single digits. Weird that it gets the fan whirring so much too. Most bafflingly, I simply cannot see what's so technically demanding about it, given the visuals are rudimentary. Good game, shame it doesn't run anywhere near as smoothly as it should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It's absolutely riddled with bugs but there is a good puzzle game underneath. The game crashing ones are absolutely infuriating though because it may crash 3 times and work fine on the 4th. If I paid for it I'd be seriously pissed off. Games this broken probably aren't a great idea for PS Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I had to give up on it, it's so chock full of bugs. I can't remember a buggier game in recent memory. The frame rate dropping to a crawl was the final straw really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

With a lot of glitchy games given away as part of PS+ over the last few months - Apotheon (before patch), Luftrauser (still not patched), TxK(still not patched) Ether One etc Could it be seen that Dev are in cahoots with Sony and using PS+ subscribers as unsuspecting Beta testers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well in Ether Ones' case it's just 6 guys making the game with no QA soooo..... yeah what did they expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

"WhitePaperGames - developers of Ether One have put out a statement regarding the recent PlayStation Plus title. Promising a patch very soon along with possible bug fixes you can try right now.

They are also asking for your help in identifying any more issues they may of missed. (Ether One, PS4)"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement