Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Never got into the MGS franchise, so I guess I will have to see what all the fuss is about in Ground Zeroes although I feel like stealth games just aint my thing...

To be fair, its not that hard to disregard the stealth thing. I bought Ground Zeros a while ago and on my first playthrough I ended up in a tank shooting the crap out of everything.

You can be as stealthy as you want, you just can't go in guns blazing as you would in COD or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah MGS is not really about the stealth anymore since MGS4. Sure you can play it that way if you want but you don't have to as the controls and movement are more geared towards action than ever before.

Splinter Cell is still a pure stealth game but no more Mr. Ironside :C.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I love the Metal Gear Solid games. MGS and MGS3 are both in my top five games ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Was hoping Skulls would be on Vita as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tok9 wrote: »
    As an MGS fan, I really enjoyed Ground Zeroes. Wouldn't say it was my favourite or anything but it's better than MGS4

Anything is better than MGS4 :P

I've heard a few reports from journalists about Phatom Pain, there was a preview recently. Apparently from what they played they all think it's going to be a cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anything is better than MGS4 :P

I've heard a few reports from journalists about Phatom Pain, there was a preview recently. Apparently from what they played they all think it's going to be a cracker.

Believe me.. I couldn't be more hyped for a game. It looks incredible!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to giving ground zeros a bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Love the Metal Gear series, even with it's flaws, but I was never going to pay for Ground Zeroes.
    Was quite miffed to hear it was basically an intro to Phantom Pain and costing €30 or whatever.

I'll download it for free though, begrudgingly

So you weren't happy to pay €30 for it but now you're not happy to get it for free? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

So you weren't happy to pay €30 for it but now you're not happy to get it for free? :confused:

I think there was a hint of sarcasm in his post..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I didn't think I needed to add :pac: or :p to suggest I was being tongue in cheek
    I begrudgingly forgive them for ever charging €30 for it

Thought it would be bigger than 4gb, so started the download from work.
    Ready to go as soon as I get home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Lol at Ground Zeroes. I heard it was short but f*ck me I didn't expect that.
    I'd be furious if I paid any money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Lol at Ground Zeroes. I heard it was short but f*ck me I didn't expect that.
    I'd be furious if I paid any money for it.

Think it depends on how you play games. I bought it on release and have put easily 15 + hours if not more into it. Trying different missions, collecting things and using different approaches.
    Each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There is multiple endings depending on how many people you manage to extract. This is supposed to effect your game in MGS5 if you import your save file.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

DeSelby83 wrote: »

What a frustrating yet ridiculously awesome game..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I've never encountered a game that can make me scream in frustration as much as Super Meat Boy.. Yet while I'm screaming in frustration I'm pressing the button to replay the level.... It's more addictive than crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

There is a great documentary on Netflix about the making of Super Meat Boy and Fez. Well worth a look.

Looking forward to giving it a go.

In other news, this months selection for Vita is p1ss poor!

nedd wrote: »
    There is a great documentary on Netflix about the making of Super Meat Boy and Fez. Well worth a look.

Indie Game:The Movie is the name of the documentary if you are looking for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

RedXIV wrote: »
    Indie Game:The Movie is the name of the documentary if you are looking for it :)

Really enjoyed the movie. Really liked the Super Meat Boy guys, made me really dislike Phil Fish and his Fez game though!

• Advertisement

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the movie. Really liked the Super Meat Boy guys, made me really dislike Phil Fish and his Fez game though!

Fez is a great little game that I'll never ever finish because there's some much to uncover in it. I'll never understand the amount of hate directed towards Fish. He's probably an asshole but I don't have to hang out with the chap and no one is forcing anyone to play his game.

Fez is a great little game that I'll never ever finish because there's some much to uncover in it. I'll never understand the amount of hate directed towards Fish. He's probably an asshole but I don't have to hang out with the chap and no one is forcing anyone to play his game.

I think Fish was very unfortunate. He had a lot of negative vibes sent to him unfairly to start with, but he had no idea how to handle it and did so in the worst way possible, which only magnified the anger against him.

He made some bad/stupid choices, can't argue with that but he also was thrown to the wolves before he said anything

RedXIV wrote: »
    I think Fish was very unfortunate. He had a lot of negative vibes sent to him unfairly to start with, but he had no idea how to handle it and did so in the worst way possible, which only magnified the anger against him.

He made some bad/stupid choices, can't argue with that but he also was thrown to the wolves before he said anything

I think all the media training in the world wouldn't be of any use to you when dealing with the constant abuse he seemed to be getting at one point. The guy was outspoken and dickish at times but he was passionate about what he was doing and genuinely cared about his game being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Ground zeros was a nice introduction to mgs for someone like me who's never played. Yes the main part from credits to credits was short but I've played out again and still have the side ops to do. Very clever giving it for free with plus to get people like me interested in the game before they release the new one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The whole Phil Fish thing is a cluster****. While he is without question his own worst enemy on occasion and he said some very silly things, the level of vitriol aimed in his general direction at times was disappointing and depressing.

Above all, what's sad about the whole thing is that gaming lost a talented developer when he stepped away. Fez was an impressive, inventive debut, and can only imagine Fish being capable of more interesting things. Since he's retired, it's sad that we won't get to see those things. Shame what happens on social media can impact the games themselves like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

My God PSN download speeds are a disgrace. Left ESO going overnight and it's not even close to halfway. What exactly are they doing with the subscription money?

My God PSN download speeds are a disgrace. Left ESO going overnight and it's not even close to halfway. What exactly are they doing with the subscription money?

Are you sure that the issue isn't on your part? I downloaded Far Cry 4 on Sunday and had it done in about an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm pretty sure. I have downloaded a few games overnight before and they were fine up until a month or so ago. Even PS3 speeds were more reliable than this. It's just so annoying that it happens all the time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Ground zeros was a nice introduction to mgs for someone like me who's never played. Yes the main part from credits to credits was short but I've played out again and still have the side ops to do. Very clever giving it for free with plus to get people like me interested in the game before they release the new one

Would you give any of the earlier games a go?

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure. I have downloaded a few games overnight before and they were fine up until a month or so ago. Even PS3 speeds were more reliable than this. It's just so annoying that it happens all the time now.

We have two PS4 consoles here, one is wired and the other is over wifi and both downloaded Far Cry 4 and a number of other games over the course of an hour or so, so don't assume that the issue is with the PSN. I've noticed speeds increase over the past months and haven't had a single issue with it or any lengthy downloads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement