Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

We have two PS4 consoles here, one is wired and the other is over wifi and both downloaded Far Cry 4 and a number of other games over the course of an hour or so, so don't assume that the issue is with the PSN. I've noticed speeds increase over the past months and haven't had a single issue with it or any lengthy downloads.

it is a known issue that psn download speeds are pretty bad on occassion, try pause and and un-pause the download, it can speed it up considerably. helps for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'm pretty sure. I have downloaded a few games overnight before and they were fine up until a month or so ago. Even PS3 speeds were more reliable than this. It's just so annoying that it happens all the time now.

It is actually more than likely something on your end, some people seem to never have speed issues even when others are crawling, so all the blame cannot be put on the service, since launch I have never had any speed issues with games or patches, while a neighbour of mine gets them all the time.

We both got Guilty Gear the day it launched and started downloading it at the same time, took me no time to download it and we are on the same specs, took him nearly 5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

My God PSN download speeds are a disgrace. Left ESO going overnight and it's not even close to halfway. What exactly are they doing with the subscription money?

I downloaded the Witcher last week, took about 2 hours, which i thought was pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Restarted everything, unplugged router for an hour. Gone from 75 hours remaining to 6. There's hope left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'd say It's because you live in Mullingar.
    Move house the benefits would be twofold.

A. Your download speeds will improve.
    B. You won't live in Mullingar anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone else have UPC and the speed on the PS4 is brutal? I'm getting 20 on the PS4 and 200 on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Anyone else have UPC and the speed on the PS4 is brutal? I'm getting 20 on the PS4 and 200 on the PC.

It's a ps4 thing nothing to do with upc. And count yourself lucky your getting 20 down!

UPC too. Changed the DNS settings on the PS4 and it's still beyond garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

I'm upc and the speed tests give terrible results but it does seem to download things pretty fast when wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

ps4 can't pick up higher speeds don't know why so wouldn't worry does it take long to download games.

• Advertisement

It is actually a UPC issue to do with port forwarding, not a PS4 issue, have a look through the three PS4 megathreads, lots of users have issues with the PS4 and UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I find that downloads go much MUCH faster if after you start them, knock the Ps4 into rest mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Kinda, the downloads go very fast 30-40Mbps for me, maybe they are on a different server then the ps4 network test is pinging as that tells me 20-25Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CombatCow wrote: »
    Kinda, the downloads go very fast 30-40Mbps for me, maybe they are on a different server then the ps4 network test is pinging as that tells me 20-25Mbps.

It does state on the PS4 when you do a speed test that they are just estimates and may not be accurate at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Port forwarding makes no difference,on the UPC Horizon box anyway.

200mb line and the max ive ever seen is 4.5mb/s down. PS4 is wired and all ports are forwarded.

4mb/s is not the worst in the world but i do usually have to start/stop the download a few times to get that speed. And the speed has a tendancy to slow to a crawl after half an hour.

On PC,same Horizon box router and ports forwarded for whatever client ie Steam,Origin, GoG etc its usually between 10 and 20mb/s,with no need for start/stops etc.

For a paid service its not great,if i could get a consistent 4mb and not have to keep checking if it had slowed id be pretty happy,but alas thats not the case for me anyway.

Downloading inFamous First light since 11 thismorning, only 9 hours left. It's 6 gigs! The absolute state of it.

Sleeping Dogs took me just over 2 hours today on a 24mb line, 16 gig download, its a steal for €12.99.

Sleeping Dogs is a fine game, hope they have a proper sequel on the way. Triad Wars is a bit meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Is it tomorrow we should find out about next month's games?
    Out am I a week early?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's usually the last Wednesday of the month that they are announced so it should be tomorrow or Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Driveclub PS+ edition appeared on the U.S. store early, so expect that next month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

ShaneU wrote: »
    Driveclub PS+ edition appeared on the U.S. store early, so expect that next month
    Got tired of waiting months ago and bought it. Haven't regretted it for a single second. Gets constant support, updates, looks beautiful, and it's a lot of fun to play. Sure, it's not a serious racer, but I can happily sit down with it for a ten minute fix and enjoy it to bits. I'd highly recommend it with or without the PS+ edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's usually the last Wednesday of the month that they are announced so it should be tomorrow or Thursday

It'll probably be next Wednesday because the games won't go live here until the 8th.

It'll probably be next Wednesday because the games won't go live here until the 8th.

Yeah you're right as its usually the first Tuesday of the month they are released in America so next week they will be announced

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Bit late now when the game can be bought for peanuts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Bit late now when the game can be bought for peanuts

Better late than never, I still dont own it and dont fancy paying 20 quid for it so free is always good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Suppose at least it won't take up a Plus game slot next week thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I just hope the bloody servers handle it. It'll be another serious embarrassment if it breaks again.

I've had a load of fun with the game itself and I reckon people will pick it up after playing the free version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

After such a long wait it should really be the full version in the Instant Game Collection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement