Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Im not sure but i did start this thread so hopefully :)

Edit :
    06/11/2010
    Product Purchase
    (€14.99)

Whoop whoop

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Been playing driveclub for a few hours now. It's fun but nearly everything I unlock needs the real upgraded version it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Been playing driveclub for a few hours now. It's fun but nearly everything I unlock needs the real upgraded version it seems

The free version does give you 15 out of the 50 cars in the base version of the game and just one out of the 6 country locations. It's is still possible to Platinum game with the content it gives you in the free version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Looks like PS+ games will be dropping on Tuesdays (similar to the US) from now on.

PS Blog EU Link

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Different release days never made sense so that is good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Any signs of the July list yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

.ak wrote: »

Probably won't be announced until Wednesday or Thursday seeing as July PS Plus doesn't start until next Tuesday

.ak wrote: »
    Probably won't be announced until Wednesday or Thursday seeing as July PS Plus doesn't start until next Tuesday

Expect to see Rocket League on that list though, seeing as it releases that Tuesday*.

*Please note that this is speculation on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Otacon wrote: »
    Expect to see Rocket League on that list though, seeing as it releases that Tuesday*.

*Please note that this is speculation on my part.

Please god!

Just got a mail with the following from Sony:
    An anniversary gift from PlayStation Plus

PlayStation Plus is turning five. To thank you for being a member from the very start we’d like to send you a personalised print, but we’ll need your address by 13 July 2015.

Which is pretty cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Japan have gotten a good deal.
    Sony Computer Entertainment is celebrating five years of PlayStation Plus and members in Japan are going to get big bonuses. Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN for PlayStation 4 will be a free play game for the month of July. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate is another freebie in Japan next month.

In addition to those two games, Japanese gamers will also get a selection of PSP games and downloadable classics each month until March 2016. Patapon 3 for PSP and Disaster Report, a PS2 Classic playable on PlayStation 3, are the first two digital classics to be revealed so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best/cheapest place to purchase PlayStation Plus please guys? Is it like Xbox Live where you can pick it up cheaper from some places than others, or pretty much a fixed price?

Paully D wrote: »
    Best/cheapest place to purchase PlayStation Plus please guys? Is it like Xbox Live where you can pick it up cheaper from some places than others, or pretty much a fixed price?

pretty much fixed price everywhere. Every once in a while it shows up cheaper on adverts but other than that its the same price no matter where you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Keep an eye out for the "€10 off a €50 shop" vouchers in the weekend papers for aldi or lidl.

Usually the Sun on Saturday is the cheapest, I think the Sunday Independent have the vouchers as well. (hopefully the vouchers are still running this weekend)

You can use those aldi/lidl vouchers in Tesco.

I think the year sub is €49.99 in Tesco so you'd have to get something small to get over the €50 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Check the price on the store through the website instead of the ps4.
    Bought a 12 month sub 3 weeks ago on the website and it asked me to pick which version I wanted,
    One version was €49.99 and the other was €42.49.
    Even more saving if you pick up €50 credit in Tesco using the €10 voucher in the paper

Leaving PS Plus:

7th July: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
    7th July: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
    7th July: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
    7th July: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
    7th July: Futuridium (PS4/PS Vita)
    7th July: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4/PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

7th July: Rocket League (PS4)
    7th July: Styx Master of Shadows (PS4)
    7th July: rain (PS3)
    7th July: Mousecraft (PS4/PS3/PS Vita)
    7th July: Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (PS Vita)
    7th July: Entwined (PS4/PS Vita)
    Available now: DRIVECLUB PS Plus Edition

Styx Master of Shadows is a truly woeful game and Entwined is not great either, not the best month but at least we got Rocket League and Mousecraft is a fun game, as is Geometry Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Rocket League omg that's just amazing that will probably be the only game I will play when it's released can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Rocket League being free is the best news of the year.

Pretty much the only game on my radar for the past few months.

Gonna be great that so many have access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Xenji wrote: »
    Styx Master of Shadows is a truly woeful game and Entwined is not great either, not the best month but at least we got Rocket League and Mousecraft is a fun game, as is Geometry Wars.

I played the PC version of Styx recently and loved it. It's a proper stealth game and really shines if played above default difficulty.

There are a few bugs here and there but I'm curious as to what makes you describe it as woeful?

blag wrote: »
    I played the PC version of Styx recently and loved it. It's a proper stealth game and really shines if played above default difficulty.

There are a few bugs here and there but I'm curious as to what makes you describe it as woeful?

The stealth aspect of the game is about the only thing Cyanide got right, well except for the enemies stealth AI which is non existent, if you are up against more than one enemy then you are as good as dead as the animations kept locking up on me, I felt it quite tedious as well having to revisit most of the areas in the game again, only to have a small tweak in strategy to get through the area for the second time, the story is also very weak.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Very excited for rocket league :D

Trophies for Rocket League seem reasonable too, I think there was 1 or 2 trophies that where just too much to go for in SSARPBC but I shall go for platinum in this one..Turns out the one trophie I missed was getting all the stars in single player:

http://www.truetrophies.com/Rocket-League/trophies.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Rocket League looks...uh...interesting. Only one this month I'll play

Can't freaking wait for Rocket League!!! Been waiting for it since the original took over my household 3 years ago!!! Was playing the beta and it seems great! Handling is a tiny bit less arcade-y but still great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Amazing line-up! I already had 20 euro credit earmarked for Rocket League.

Driveclub is quite frustrating with the amount of people who make it their goal just to crash into you and somehow when they do I lose points for it?... Other than that it's a pretty sweet game but kind of annoying with all these people crashing into me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I enjoyed rain when I played it. Only one of those games that I have

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Driveclub is quite frustrating with the amount of people who make it their goal just to crash into you and somehow when they do I lose points for it?... Other than that it's a pretty sweet game but kind of annoying with all these people crashing into me :mad:

They loose point for it too. That system was added to discourage that style of racing by ramming each other off the track but there are always those who just don't care and think this game is just about winning. There is more to it than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Rocket League - delighted with it. I'll buy some dlc just because I feel these guys deserve it.
    Geometry Wars - looks like something I'd have fun with
    Rain - Have it and really liked it
    Entwined - I'll check it out
    Styx & Mousecraft - Probably won't get around to either

• Advertisement

They loose point for it too. That system was added to discourage that style of racing by ramming each other off the track but there are always those who just don't care and think this game is just about winning. There is more to it than that.

This happened to me yesterday, even the slightest of touches absolutely screwed me over :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement