Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just because it's retail it's automatically a good game or somehow a greater value? What if they gave you Putty Squad, that came out on disc, would you be happy then? :rolleyes:

cover_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retail is the new word for triple A like how indie is used to describe a "small" game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Please, please can we not get into that again. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Ok, what does everyone think the best game ever given on ps plus was?

For me it's rocket league!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Ok, what does everyone think the best game ever given on ps plus was?

For me it's rocket league!!

I havent played many of the latest months games but Don't Starve has to be my vote as I have put a huge amount of hours into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I havent played many of the latest months games but Don't Starve has to be my vote as I have put a huge amount of hours into it.

Tomb Raider... Was a really good game that I wanted to play and hadn't gotten around to before that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Borderlands 2. Sunk hours into it and bought all the DLC and then bought the pre sequel. Excellent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Spec Ops: The Line was really good. Metro: Last Light and Dishonored as well. Some very good games were on PS+ in 2013 and early 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New system coming to PS4 where you can vote for the next game to appear on Ps Plus.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4s_new_vote_to_play_system_lets_you_vote_for_your_next_ps_plus_game.html
    Vote To Play will let users vote for the game they want the most from a selection of three unreleased titles, with the winner subsequently being released free to all PlayStation Plus members. The two runners-up will also be available to purchase from PlayStation Store at a discounted rate.

ps_vote_to_play.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,444 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

More interesting that Grow Home is coming to PS4, if that image is to be believed! Wonderful little game that needs a larger audience. It's like a refreshing antithesis to Assassins Creed - focused, involved and full of charm.

• Advertisement

Just wait for Knack..

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

tok9 wrote: »
    Just wait for Knack..

I've been waiting since the PS4 was released! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Rocket league is by far the game I've spent the most hours on with my ps4. And it's ironic that it's prequel was also a free game on plus for the ps3 which I sank countless hours into. I was going to buy rocket league regardless based on it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

New system coming to PS4 where you can vote for the next game to appear on Ps Plus.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4s_new_vote_to_play_system_lets_you_vote_for_your_next_ps_plus_game.html

ps_vote_to_play.jpg

While good, its going to be mega annoying when a game you really want doesn't win the vote but what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The vote will probably be for just one of the games, indie vita titles most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

One potential downside of the voting system will be when games that sold well previously are one of the contenders.

People have mentioned Tomb Raider and Spec Ops: The Line as being PS+ highlights for them. Would either of those games have made it to the Instant Games Collection if it was down to a vote? I can imagine a lot of people going to vote and already owning those games, so voting for another contender because of that.

Now obviously the upside is there for people who bought the game on its initial release, they aren't losing out on a free game, but the people who didn't get the game first time round miss out on a better title.

We'll have to see it in action but it looks like it's only 1 of the PS+ games.

And even with that, the other 2 will be discounted to some extent. I'm intrigued by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Sony aren't Greece, to do this we're going to be getting a good bit of notice of the choices beforehand.

Faker74 wrote: »
    One potential downside of the voting system will be when games that sold well previously are one of the contenders.

People have mentioned Tomb Raider and Spec Ops: The Line as being PS+ highlights for them. Would either of those games have made it to the Instant Games Collection if it was down to a vote? I can imagine a lot of people going to vote and already owning those games, so voting for another contender because of that.

Now obviously the upside is there for people who bought the game on its initial release, they aren't losing out on a free game, but the people who didn't get the game first time round miss out on a better title.

Personally think there was more plus subbers without spec ops than with.

It's democracy, if the majority either have it already or don't want it why should Sony cater to the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

Faker74 wrote: »

It says from a selection of three unreleased games, so this wont happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AhStopBoi

Anyone please tell me when the August games will be available? I'm new to ps4, not sure if there's a specific date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

AhStopBoi wrote: »
    Anyone please tell me when the August games will be available? I'm new to ps4, not sure if there's a specific date

They will be available tomorrow morning before 12

Got an email about the anniversary gift. "expect it in October".

At least it's still happening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

AhStopBoi wrote: »

First Tuesday of every month more or less..

RedXIV wrote: »
    Got an email about the anniversary gift. "expect it in October".

At least it's still happening

Finally figured out how to copy the text.
    Print production has begun
    Thanks for supplying your postal address – and thanks for five brilliant years of PlayStation Plus membership.
    We’ve now begun production on your personalised anniversary print. We’ve got quite a few to make and we want to get it right, so there will be a short wait while they’re all created.
    We’ll have your print shipped to you in October, and we’ll keep you updated if anything changes.
    Thanks again, from everyone at PlayStation Plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Games are free now. GOW:A is nearly 35GB! Major disk clearing going on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Can a ps3 take bigger than a 1TB hdd?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

CombatCow wrote: »
    First Tuesday of every month more or less..

Just like micky money:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Can a ps3 take bigger than a 1TB hdd?

Yes it can take a 2TB HDD max right now. Make sure you check the physical size of the drive in mm before you buy as the PS3 slims have very little room to spare. The the old old Phat PS3s you have more wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Stealth is clever but not holding my attention, Limbo is class but already cleared it multiple times on ps3. Tomb Raider is not my kind of game and even more insulting that SE said it would do us playstationers fine while we waited for the new TR game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Castlestorm is kinda like Angry Birds, fun game for the Vita!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement