Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Am I correct in saying Borderlands and Dante's Inferno are currently free for PS+ users on PS3, but not in the monthly games? It says free game trial but no detail of what that means. In the Basket it just says "Full Game". Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Am I correct in saying Borderlands and Dante's Inferno are currently free for PS+ users on PS3, but not in the monthly games? It says free game trial but no detail of what that means. In the Basket it just says "Full Game". Thanks

It's the full game for 1 hr of game time. It's a regular thing, it's like a demo for games that never had proper demos. It's a one time only download and activation, once your time is up that's it gone forever.

Ah ****e. I was excited for Dante's Inferno. Oh well, thanks Cpt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Im really liking sound and shapes. Great little indie game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ah ****e. I was excited for Dante's Inferno. Oh well, thanks Cpt.

Its a fiver. Decent god of war type game, tails off a good bit though.

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    Its a fiver. Decent god of war type game, tails off a good bit though.

Hadn't checked the price :o

Steam has ruined me for game prices :pac: I'll probably pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stealth is clever but not holding my attention, Limbo is class but already cleared it multiple times on ps3. Tomb Raider is not my kind of game and even more insulting that SE said it would do us playstationers fine while we waited for the new TR game.

Not sure if you are talking about Tomb Raider or Lara Croft Temple of Osiris... Tomb Raider is nothing like the Lara Croft franchise... They are both completely different games... Lara Croft Temple of Osiris is a top down shooter pretty much, can't wait to dig into it...

Tomb Raider is not free from what I know of, while Lara Croft Temple of Osiris is the game that is free atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Tinie wrote: »
    Im really liking sound and shapes. Great little indie game.

Really didn't think it would be my thing at all, but it is weirdly active. I'm also loving Limbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

PSN down for anyone? I've a feeling it's just me, haven't been able to log in since six yesterday evening.

I can't seem to even log in on my PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not sure if you are talking about Tomb Raider or Lara Croft Temple of Osiris... Tomb Raider is nothing like the Lara Croft franchise... They are both completely different games... Lara Croft Temple of Osiris is a top down shooter pretty much, can't wait to dig into it...

Tomb Raider is not free from what I know of, while Lara Croft Temple of Osiris is the game that is free atm...

Ah meant the top down version, not into it at all. I'm a huge fan of the Tomb Raider series, sickened about the year delay with the new one but this top down version definitely won't be holding me over til then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

PSN down for anyone? I've a feeling it's just me, haven't been able to log in since six yesterday evening.

I can't seem to even log in on my PC.

Unfortunately I think it's just you, I was playing until 1am with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeh not a great month... but then again, Rocket League has made up for it... Still playing it to bits.

If I was a first time Limbo player I'd be chuffed, but played it to death on PS3. Such a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Limbo is class on chapter 10 i think and its infuriating but at the same time addictive as hell

DAMN SPIDER

Cleared Limbo again today but now but now gonna try get all those eggs since i never bothered on ps3.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah meant the top down version, not into it at all. I'm a huge fan of the Tomb Raider series, sickened about the year delay with the new one but this top down version definitely won't be holding me over til then.

Ahh right yes, the Tomb Raider Definitive edition is awesome though and online is actually pretty good I find (when you find a game that is)... The year wait is a joke, should be max 6 months... Maybe the year wait will force them to drop the price on release, if it's going to be a 60euro game for 1 year wait I won't be buying that's for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

This may have been posted already but I couldn't see it anywhere, massive hike in the price of a 3 month PS+ subscription, just got this email;
    Your PlayStation®Plus renewal price is due to increase

The price of your PlayStation Plus subscription is going to increase. On 01/09/2015 the price of a 3 month subscription will rise from €14.99 to €19.99. The price of a monthly and annual subscription will remain the same.

If your PlayStation Plus account is set to renew automatically you don’t need to do anything. You won’t begin paying the new rate immediately on 01/09/2015; instead you will start paying the new price from your first renewal date after 01/09/2015.
    You can find instructions on how to check your renewal date, how to manage automatic wallet funding and how to add/delete a credit or debit card in the links below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Huge rise, hope it's not a precursor to the other lengths of subscription rising too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Not surprising, it is being done to push more people into going for the 12 month subscription, which I will now need to get as I have always used the auto renew for the 3 month sub.

Xenji wrote: »
    Not surprising, it is being done to push more people into going for the 12 month subscription, which I will now need to get as I have always used the auto renew for the 3 month sub.

I'll have to do the same, ridiculous to be paying €20 every 3 months when Argos have the 12 month sub for €47.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Mmm well was it not kinda ridiculous paying €15 x4 times a year at €60 in the first place anyway? At least your saving a tenner now...

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    Mmm well was it not kinda ridiculous paying €15 x4 times a year at €60 in the first place anyway? At least your saving a tenner now...

I didn't renew consistently every 3 months due to traveling abroad. But paying €20 every 3 months now makes it very uneconomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Im a 3 monther. Was thinking of letting it lapse anyways, i dont play any of the games , just a digital junky hoarder.

CombatCow wrote: »

I found it pretty handy to just lash out €15 every 3 months instead of paying the full €50 in one payment... Mostly due to being a student :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Limbo is the best platformer game I've played in forever. Saw a guy mention it here, thought "I'll try it before work, see what it's like"...never made it to work.

I don't even really like puzzles but I loved everything about it. Simple, minimalist, great sound and visuals - tick, tick and bloody tick.

Tops Rocket League for me as most enjoyable game since I signed up but that's because Rocket League has gotten very stale for me, while I can see myself trying this another few (many) times to get the less than five deaths trophy. I even got herself into it and she has arachnophobia, gotta say that was a hilarious surprise, if ye saw her face haha!

Ending was a little: "What?!" but still, when I thought about it it really fit.

Limbo is the best platformer game I've played in forever. Saw a guy mention it here, thought "I'll try it before work, see what it's like"...never made it to work.

What job do you have that you can just decide not to turn up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

What job do you have that you can just decide not to turn up :confused:

A nonsense job. Call centre work. People don't turn up all the time. I'm leaving in a week anyways so they don't care

A nonsense job. Call centre work. People don't turn up all the time. I'm leaving in a week anyways so they don't care

I was on hold with Sony Support for an hour this morning. I know why now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not to be mean here but xbox live is much better valve then PSN+. I pay 25 euros a year for it 1/2 of what i pay for PSN+. You get the same amount of games as well.

I think its stupid the way sony has there PSN codes region locked while MS you can buy a code from anywhere in the world and it works. Thanks to that you end up getting very cheap digital games on the Xbox one as people sell the codes on CD key sites.

You get the same amount of games as well.

Personally, I think the PS+ games are of a much higher quality and variety than the Games with gold offerings, and im no playstation fanboy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Personally, I think the PS+ games are of a much higher quality and variety than the Games with gold offerings, and im no playstation fanboy.

Like I am going to be honest the only games that I have played from psn this year has been.

Abes remastered
    Transister or what ever is called.
    And the tomb raider top down game.

While xbox one I have played every game that I have got for the xbox one and the fact all the games that I am getting for the 360 I can now play on one in a few months makes it all ready better then what ever Sony will give.

Last month I got gears of war 3 for the 360 that's all ready better then all 6 games on the PSN+ this month I am sorry to say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement