Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

First batch of games for voting is up. Choice is between Zombie Vikings, Armello and Grow Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First batch of games for voting is up. Choice is between Zombie Vikings, Armello and Grow Home.

Have just been looking at Armello, it is a fantasy games from League Of Geeks, it has my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grow Home is definitely getting my vote. I've heard too many good things not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Grow Home for me too,was gonna pick it up awhile ago but with being busy with other games decided to leave it till a later date.

Hopefully it wins and get it on PS+. If it does not interested to see what type of discount it gets along with the other 'loser'.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Top comment on the Zombie Vikings game
    Looks good and all, buuuut I want AAA titles as well, not Indies every month :/

Not asking for much, I suppose....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Armello looks class, defintely voting for it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

EoinHef wrote: »
    If you didnt pay your €50 a year you would not be getting those games every month so there paid for,imo anyway

I paid 50 for a service which comes with FREE games every month, get over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I get games every month on both Xbox and PlayStation which I don't pay a penny for so I guess that means free :)

...your parents pay for the 50 bucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Only if he lives in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Oh christ are we using the word bucks now as well?

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    ...your parents pay for the 50 bucks?

My parents are deceased actually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Oh christ are we using the word bucks now as well?

Darned tootin'.

I paid 50 for a service which comes with FREE games every month, get over it!

Nothing to get over,you pay €50 a year for PS+ and for that you get 2-3 games a month on PS4/PS3/Vita and access to online multiplayer where applicable. If you didnt pay your €50 you wouldnt get either,hence they are paid for.

But your entitled to your opinion,even if its wrong.....:P

EoinHef wrote: »
    Nothing to get over,you pay €50 a year for PS+ and for that you get 2-3 games a month on PS4/PS3/Vita and access to online multiplayer where applicable. If you didnt pay your €50 you wouldnt get either,hence they are paid for.

But your entitled to your opinion,even if its wrong.....:P

Don't hate the free games Eoin :)

Don't hate the free games Eoin :)

I dont hate the games i just hate paying for them:D

In fairness this has come up a few timees in the thread and its usually never really resolved,people have there own views on it and thats fair enough. Each to their own and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Have tried to look around for this but couldn't find the exact answer, so hope you guys dont mind me asking here.

I have a PSN account I registered on my PS4 in Ireland earlier this year and I have now moved to the UK and want to join PSN. Should I buy a UK or Irish membership? I know its possible to create a new UK acount, but not sure if thats required in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

bigslick wrote: »
    Have tried to look around for this but couldn't find the exact answer, so hope you guys dont mind me asking here.

I have a PSN account I registered on my PS4 in Ireland earlier this year and I have now moved to the UK and want to join PSN. Should I buy a UK or Irish membership? I know its possible to create a new UK acount, but not sure if thats required in this instance.

Did you already have a Plus membership on the Irish account, if you change to subbing on a UK one instead you will lose access to the plus content on the Irish account had as you'd no longer be subbed on that.

You don't need a UK account or plus to play while in the UK, other than £ vs € there's no difference between them so you could have either and be fine and play with either account as long as one account on the PS4 has plus.

Would keep the Irish one, exchange rate means the Irish one is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Varik wrote: »
    Did you already have a Plus membership on the Irish account, if you change to subbing on a UK one instead you will lose access to the plus content on the Irish account had as you'd no longer be subbed on that.

You don't need a UK account or plus to play while in the UK, other than £ vs € there's no difference between them so you could have either and be fine and play with either account as long as one account on the PS4 has plus.

Would keep the Irish one, exchange rate means the Irish one is cheaper.

Thanks Varik. Ive never had PS+ previously, so I can buy Irish PS+ card/credit/membership and redeem?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

bigslick wrote: »
    Thanks Varik. Ive never had PS+ previously, so I can buy Irish PS+ card/credit/membership and redeem?

Ye

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If you're staying in the UK long term and will have a UK debit card then I'd suggest getting a UK PS+ membership. Exchange rates change and any modest saving you make today will be diminished every time you try to top up, what with the FX hit and the mark-up for whatever online retailer you use to buy the code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Beefy78 wrote: »
    If you're staying in the UK long term and will have a UK debit card then I'd suggest getting a UK PS+ membership. Exchange rates change and any modest saving you make today will be diminished every time you try to top up, what with the FX hit and the mark-up for whatever online retailer you use to buy the code.

I don't know the UK guys get royally screwed at times. I'm friends with a few of them and know the Destiny DLC is €40 for us and £40 for them.

Hmmm are you sure? My account is a UK one and I've never seen that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's what they tell me. The Taken King is €40 in the PSN store. Is it £40 on your account?

Annoyingly I can't see it. I can only find it in the bundle with the original game and the other DLC.

If your mates are telling you that then fair play. I've always noticed a difference in price but I've never gone through everything obviously!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/24/playstation-plus-in-september-grow-home-super-time-force-ultra-twisted-metal/?emcid=social_20150824_51343276&adbid=635852470749523968&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Entering PS Plus:

1st September: Grow Home (PS4)
    1st September: Super Time Force Ultra (PS4 and PS Vita)
    1st September: Twisted Metal (PS3)
    1st September: Teslagrad (PS4 and PS3)
    1st September: La-Mulana EX (PS Vita)
    1st September: Xeodrifter (PS4 and PS Vita)

Leaving PS Plus:

1st September: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
    1st September: Limbo (PS4)
    1st September: God of War Ascension (PS3)
    1st September: Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS3, PS4, PS Vita)
    1st September: Sound Shapes (PS3, PS4, PS Vita)
    1st September: Castlestorm Complete Edition (PS Vita and PS3)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grow Home, Super Time Force and La-Mulana EX... I'm very happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ShaneU wrote: »
    Entering PS Plus:

1st September: Grow Home (PS4)
    1st September: Super Time Force Ultra (PS4 and PS Vita)
    1st September: Twisted Metal (PS3)
    1st September: Teslagrad (PS4 and PS3)
    1st September: La-Mulana EX (PS Vita)
    1st September: Xeodrifter (PS4 and PS Vita)

Bit of a meh line up. I know not every month can have a Rocket League but I won't be rushing to play anything on there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great to see Grow Home win the vote, although to be fair the other two choices looked fairly insipid! Hopefully will lead to a decent new audience for one of this year's best games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

La-Mulana EX is a fantastic game, it is like the Dark Souls of platformers, shame Armello did not win though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The month I don't predict Twisted Metal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement