Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Any rumours yet for the next set of games? The Xbox games for next month are definitely a bit disappointing.

One should be Super Meat Boy ( Yay ) and possibly Three Forth Home as it is being released on the 8th, AC: Black Flag was up as being free for plus members this week, but was quickly taken down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I hope they include Three Fourths Home, if only because I'm morbidly curious to read the Playstation Blog comments when they find out it's a 50 minute long game where you drive in a straight line and select a few dialogue options!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Just got my first Playstation/Plus membership.
    Here's a quick question which I think I can guess the answer for already:
    Will next month's set of free and onsale games be announced before or after the current crop of games finish?
    For example I was thinking about buying Black Flag/Infamous, will I be able to see if they will be free next month before the sale on them finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭batistuta9

yeah they're announced about a week before.
    someone usually posts them in here, via http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Psn down .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Psn down .

Think it's safe to say it always down and now and again they will have uptime!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cadete wrote: »
    Think it's safe to say it always down and now and again they will have uptime!

Breaking News: PSN will be operational for the next 2 weeks while we wait to be hacked again. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

It working fine for me, there is an issue with the Fifa servers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It was on the blink earlier .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Does the games get announced today or tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There's no set date for the announce, it's just usually the week before the first tuesday of the month...

CombatCow wrote: »
    There's no set date for the announce, it's just usually the week before the first tuesday of the month...

Ahh right I taught it was always the Wednesday before the month (when Wednesday was the date PS+ games where given out)... So was hoping the games be announced today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ahh right I taught it was always the Wednesday before the month (when Wednesday was the date PS+ games where given out)... So was hoping the games be announced today..

I'm hoping they do it today but it could be anytime up to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Thought by now, we would have got knack as a game, dont want to waste 20euros only for it to be a free game next month :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Has infamous second son been on p plus yet? Thinking of picking it up, its only €14 on the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Makes no sense how some want an average at best platformer just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

EGriff wrote: »
    Has infamous second son been on p plus yet? Thinking of picking it up, its only €14 on the store.

Waste of 14 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Infamous Second Son is well worth €14. The DLC was on PsPlus a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tok9 wrote: »
    Makes no sense how some want an average at best platformer just for the sake of it.

I don't but it looks like something that'd be fobbed off on PS+.
    I read that Assassins Creed Black Flag might be a title and Super Meat Boy. I'm hoping for the latter tbh

• Advertisement

Infamous: Second Son is well worth €14, it's by no means a great game but it's good fun while it lasts and I found it perfect for throwing on when I wanted to kill half an hour and have a little fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

EGriff wrote: »

I agree with the majority, good to show off a bit of the PS4 functionality, and very good for killing time. Easy to finish too and running around when you're overpowered is a bit fun too

I would prefer they had a set date for when titles are announced rather than having me search the web every once in a while to try and find them... Even if they announced them 3 days before release it would be so much better rather than waiting around hoping they be announced today, then realizing that they won't be :(

I would prefer they had a set date for when titles are announced rather than having me search the web every once in a while to try and find them... Even if they announced them 3 days before release it would be so much better rather than waiting around hoping they be announced today, then realizing that they won't be :(

I imagine that it takes a lot of negotiating and behind the scenes movement in order to get a game on PS+ and as such it could often be a case of them not knowing what games they will be including in the upcoming PS+ till they announce them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/30/playstation-plus-in-october-broken-age-super-meat-boy-unmechanical-more/

Broken Age (PS4/PS Vita)
    Super Meat Boy (PS4/PS Vita)
    Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)
    Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)
    Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)
    Chariot (PS3)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Beaten to it…

Looking forward to playing Super Meat Boy and Broken Age but it's pretty underwhelming overall. Pretty dire for PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm happy to get Broken Age

CombatCow wrote: »
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/30/playstation-plus-in-october-broken-age-super-meat-boy-unmechanical-more/

Broken Age (PS4/PS Vita)
    Super Meat Boy (PS4/PS Vita)
    Unmechanical Extended (PS4/PS3)
    Kickbeat (PS Vita/PS3)
    Kung Fu Rabbit (PS Vita/PS3)
    Chariot (PS3)

Good month, I love Super Meat Boy and Broken Age is a fantastic game, Kickbeat and Kung Fu Rabbit are both terrible, while Unmechanical is fun and can be finished in over two hours and Chariot is a solid platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Xenji wrote: »
    Good month, I love Super Meat Boy and Broken Age is a fantastic game, Kickbeat and Kung Fu Rabbit are both terrible, while Unmechanical is fun and can be finished in over two hours and Chariot is a solid platformer.
    Sounds like you've played them all and your still happy, fair play, I'd be pissed off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Super meat boy will be fun, I had it on steam and always wanted a controller for it.

I was hoping for some extra RPG's but Broken age is probably the closest I'll get. Although I do like the look of Chariot. Bit off the wall but could have potential

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement