Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Hopefully this proves a spike for the multiplayer community. RDR is a cracking multiplayer game.

So how are people finding the 'new' PS Plus?

I find it's not helping my backlog. :)

I haven't played RDR so good choice in game to give us.

Any updates on the mid month games. Must be due today, with the store update, or soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Upcoming "100% discounted" games

Rock of Ages (free right now)
    Knytt Underground (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
    Big Sky Infinity (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
    Retro/Grade (September 22)
    Machinarium (September) (PS3 + Vita)
    Double Dragon: Neon (September)
    Red Dead Redemption (September)
    Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (October)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Few quick questions I am debating on buying PS plus.. I have LBP2 and will have inFamous 2 by next week.. Would it be worth my while buying 90 day sub now? Also can you get trophies in the games? And finally is inFamous 2 and LBP2 going to be replaced by any other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

inFamous 2 and LBP 2 won't be replaced this year.
    Yes, you can get trophies with the games.
    If i were you, I'd get a year's subscription, you'll get something like 45 free games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Cokeistan wrote: »
    If i were you, I'd get a year's subscription, you'll get something like 45 free games.

And the rest...

• Advertisement

Cokeistan wrote: »

Cheers for that if I had the money I would buy a years sub .. Might wait till September 5th when new subscribers get 25% off...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Honestly the best thing I bought for my playstation, I've bought feck all games simply because my backlog from plus is keeping me going.

Might wait till September 5th when new subscribers get 25% off...

Where did you see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

ShaneU wrote: »
    Upcoming "100% discounted" games

Rock of Ages (free right now)
    Knytt Underground (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
    Big Sky Infinity (TBA) (PS3 + Vita)
    Retro/Grade (September 22)
    Machinarium (September) (PS3 + Vita)
    Double Dragon: Neon (September)
    Red Dead Redemption (September)
    Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit (October)

I'm liking this. The only thing I've been disliking with the 'new' system is not having too many smaller indie games free as we were getting. Looks like that is being addressed.

Plus for anyone who hasn't played RDR then they're in for a treat, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just Cause 2 and Borderlands tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just Cause 2 and Borderlands tomorrow
    Today its up on store right now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

My sub is up on the 6th so hopefully they'll not limit it to new users.

Have Borderlands digitally already so not too thrilled about this but it'll give more online players.

Once anyone get's it downloaded give me a shout, the whole game can be played co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Varik wrote: »

Have Borderlands digitally already so not to thrilled about this but it'll give more online players.

Once anyone get's it downloaded give me a shout, the whole game can be played co-op.

I'm moving pretty soon and like you my PS+ is up on the 5th on my GF's account (just been using that to download the games and cos of local licensing they still work for me). but then I'm going to be putting it on mine once my UPC is installed so I'd defo be up for doing that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

EJ22 wrote: »
    so I'd defo be up for doing that

I'd be up for it too.

EDIT:
    Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:15 am by Ross McGrath

Hello, yeah that was a little bit ambiguous – 25% off for all purchasers and yes of course, you can stack the 12 months on top of your current subscription. :)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/16/heads-up-playstation-plus-gamescom-update-16th-august-2012/

F1ngers wrote: »

Getting that so, that works out the same as the last discount they had for 15 months for the price of 12.

I just resubbed last month but may get it anyway since it will add on to the current sub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Getting that so, that works out the same as the last discount they had for 15 months for the price of 12.

How long is this available for? i.e. will it last till end of the month for next paycheck? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Not meaning to be pedantic but at the same time, being completely pedantic (I'm sorry, I work with numbers all day, I can't help it.), but it's actually slightly different, it works out 6.25% cheaper than the previous offer. 25% free=/= 25% off.

I'd say I'll get another 12 months to stack onto my 6 months left, can't imagine them ever discounting it more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Youngtree

1/ I have ps plus and I never looked back since the day I got it
    The games they offer you are insanely worth the value..
    So far since singning up mid-june (3 months - 15€) I have gotten:
    Warhammer 40k: Space Marine, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD, LittlebigPlanet2, Mushroom Wars, Smash Cars, Outland, Renegade Ops, Motorstorm Apocalypse, Chime, Virtual Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Infamous 2, Saints Row 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Just Cause 2, Dead Space 2, Rock Of Ages, Darksiders - and Now Borderlands too... Alll this for €15 ... 3 pints ? you would be silly not to recognise that 1/4 of these games would pay for itself.
    2/ I have heard that in September they are offering a discount for PS Plus membership, which I will be availing of.

I have just activated some of these on my account - which means that when the deal expires for ps plus users - I will still have 'bought' it - and can get it for free. (I allready owned Just Cause 2 and Borderlands this update - but It is very worth it)

3/ Red Dead Redemption is comming in september some time for free.

- Njoy (p.s. .. Awesomenauts is .. awesome)

Youngtree wrote: »

I have just activated some of these on my account - which means that when the deal expires for ps plus users - I will still have 'bought' it - and can get it for free. (I allready owned Just Cause 2 and Borderlands this update - but It is very worth it)

It doesn't work that way with the free games you 'bought'.

Some of them expire if you let your subscription lapse, this doesn't happen to all games, but I'd say these big budget games will expire when subscription ends.

Anything you spend real money on during your PS+ subscription is yours to keep forever.

Had a look at the information on Just Cause 2 and Borderlands and both have expiration dates that coincide with my subscription ending. I have a feeling if I don't re-subscribe, those games will be lost to me.

They won't be lost. You just won't be able to access them unless you resubscribe. People describe PS Plus as renting games, but how many places let you keep renting games on top of the ones you already have and don't expect them to be returned at any point?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They won't be lost. You just won't be able to access them unless you resubscribe. People describe PS Plus as renting games, but how many places let you keep renting games on top of the ones you already have and don't expect them to be returned at any point?

I misunderstood how it worked so.

What about the 'free' games that don't have an expiration date? Rock of Ages has none.
    Do we get to use them without a subscription?

Sont always claim that you MAY lose access to your free stuff if your subs lapse. They may not... but they may. It's not a 100% guarantee.

RangeR wrote: »
    Sont always claim that you MAY lose access to your free stuff if your subs lapse. They may not... but they may. It's not a 100% guarantee.

It's in the licence terms and stated as it will happen but so far i don't think it has for anyone.

I've let mine lapse, lost access, resubbed, got my access back. For a couple I had to redownload and install again.

I've let mine lapse, lost access, resubbed, got my access back. For a couple I had to redownload and install again.

But it's not guaranteed that you will keep your stuff. That's all I'm saying. You take your chances.

True. Though it may be one of those disclaimers designed to cover their asses. So if someone loses access, Sony can point at it and say "we warned you"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I just signed up to this today. I never never knew there was so many quality games going free with it. I presumed it was a kind of discount club.

Kicking myself I missed Deus Ex:HR. Still its only a tenner now with all the DLC included, pretty good value.

Now I just have to wait about a week and a half for Just Cause 2 to download.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement