Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Disappointing month imo,ah well ive been sucked into Warframe and im going start playing Destiny when a mate gets his copy so im not stuck for anything to play atm

iamtony wrote:
    Sounds like you've played them all and your still happy, fair play, I'd be pissed off!

I can't see how you'd be pissed off. Sony can't help it if gamers already own the titles they select for Plus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How to play Broken Age:

Play Act 1 of Broken Age. When completed, turn off Broken Age and attempt to forget there's an Act 2, and be happy you have a played a wonderful game without reservations apart from that weird abrupt ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

iamtony wrote: »
    Sounds like you've played them all and your still happy, fair play, I'd be pissed off!

Played most of them on the PC, SMB is nearly 5 years old and Unmechanical is 3 years old, I always like when games I have played and enjoyed on the PC come as Plus games, I will easily put another 50 hours in SMB on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I assume Broken Age has both acts included?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    I assume Broken Age has both acts included?

Was only released in complete form on Playstation I think, wasn't separated like it was on PC.

Doesn't matter anyway because LA LA LA THERE IS NO ACT TWO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Haven't subscribed to plus in months and doesn't look like I will be anytime soon. It was different in the early days of ps4 when the choice of retail games was limited. There's decent games available now and coming soon to be wasting HD space on crap like this. Unless you are interested in MP gaming there is no value at all in having a plus subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deep Six wrote: »
    Haven't subscribed to plus in months and doesn't look like I will be anytime soon. It was different in the early days of ps4 when the choice of retail games was limited. There's decent games available now and coming soon to be wasting HD space on crap like this. Unless you are interested in MP gaming there is no value at all in having a plus subscription.

One man's crap is another man's treasure, everyone taste is different, but a lot of indie games that have been released on Plus have been far more enjoyable than big retail releases.

When PS+ was first launched it had over 4 years worth of AA games to choose from and even then it took nearly two years for a steady stream of AA titles to start being offered, the PS4 has not even been out for two years yet.

People need to understand that there has been a major lack of AA titles that have been released on next gen consoles, if you compare the near two year window of games that the PS4 is coming up on and then compare that to the number of games that came out in the first two years of the PS2/3, it is paltry in comparison.

Every month it is the same moaning, even when Knack inevitably drops as the first AA title on PS+, people are still going to be moaning, the service will never please everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I agree. It's impossible to please everyone, naturally so with the type of service it is.

Paying for online pay is a bit of an annoyance but for €50 a year, the content that's offered is pretty stellar. I know in 2014 there was just over £960 worth of content which, while fantastic, is clearly not full value as most people will not play everything or have the ability to play everything. But still, that value of content for €50 a year, you can't really expect every month to be knocking it out of the park.

If I pick up 5 or 6 good games a year that I really like, I'm pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Is it next Wednesday these go live?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

nedd wrote: »
    Is it next Wednesday these go live?

First Tuesday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

If I pick up 5 or 6 good games a year that I really like, I'm pretty happy with it.

I'd agree with that for what u pay plus the online games like war thunder warframe etc...
    As a PS4 only owner alot of the games past few months are the equivalent of free air for me with record download to delete times, but there has been a lot of great ones prior

still playing styx master of shadows right now which is a super game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well I think it is a pretty solid month. I'm really looking forward to playing Super Meat Boy on the VITA. Also I never would have bought Broken Age but I'll give it a shot for free.

I swear some people won't be happy unless they get the previous months big AAA release.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well I think it is a pretty solid month. I'm really looking forward to playing Super Meat Boy on the VITA. Also I never would have bought Broken Age but I'll give it a shot for free.

I swear some people won't be happy unless they get the previous months big AAA release.

Then they'll complain they don't like Fantasy games...

Excited about SMB, I'll probably give the rest a look too, they can't be that bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Paying for online pay is a bit of an annoyance but for €50 a year, the content that's offered is pretty stellar. I know in 2014 there was just over £960 worth of content
    I would have bought none of those games and I played none of them. Im not interested in retro indie puzzlers or platformers. The value to me wasnt £960, it was zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

The last PS+ games I played where ... Fez , Metrico and then Super exploding zoo . I have had zero interest in any of the other crumbs that Sony fed to us.

PS4 has been very poor for +

I would have bought none of those games and I played none of them. Im not interested in retro indie puzzlers or platformers. The value to me wasnt £960, it was zero.

So you're entirely dismissing a diverse (and diverse they were) range of 60+ games that you haven't played? Right so.

More generally, I hate to state the obvious, but if there's a particular game people want that PS Plus has failed to deliver one could, for example, buy it?

So you're entirely dismissing a diverse (and diverse they were) range of 60+ games that you haven't played? Right so.
    I downloaded all the games for the first few months I was on PS+, they were all retro clones I've already played to death when I was a kid. I really dont understand why people get so offended by those who dont like the games on PS+.

I'm not offended, have rather thicker skin than that I'm afraid :). Just think it's rather bizarre to make sweeping and IMO inaccurate generalisations about a disparate group of several dozen game, especially when explicitly stating you haven't played them in the first place :)

Well that's sort of my point. It's very subjective value but I can't see how out of everything released a year, nothing would be of any value to you. I'm sure if you played a few of the title on offer you'd like something, or am I wrong and did you try everything and just nothing stuck for you? My mate gives out about PS+ all the time and how the games are of no interest, but he's tried very little if any. Not offended if you don't like ps plus, I just think people are very quick to dismiss the offerings unless they're triple A big budget games.

If literally nothing in the entire year would have made you happy then I'd imagine there's very little that would, as there's generally something for everyone at least a few of times a year.

Thankfully I've found some gems like Guacamelee, Valiant Hearts (truly excellent sometimes moving game) and the MGS prequel (which got me into MGS- finally!) to name just three. And they're three games I'd never have bothered even looking at.

• Advertisement

I just think people are very quick to dismiss the offerings unless they're triple A big budget games.
    These are the only games I am interested in. I want to play Skyrim, not jump around platforms like its 1988. Consequently, PS+ games are of no interest to me. This seems to annoy people for some reason.

*edit* I missed that MGS game, thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Whatever about the games, surely the sales and discounts make it worthwhile?

I've only bought one game on PS4 (Bloodborne), and I haven't played any of the PS4s + games, but the sales on PS3 would make it worthwhile to me.

As a primarily PC gamer I don't spend very much on games, so I was surprised at the value I'm getting from PS+ with the discounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

People keep say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Very happy with Super Meat Boy, i loved Binding of Isaac and have put in close to 50 hours into it. Also Broken Age looks pretty good too.

Fair enough we are mostly getting indies but alot of them are great games.

It shouldn't matter if we get an indie or a big budget game, all I want is a game with good gameplay!!

These are the only games I am interested in. I want to play Skyrim, not jump around platforms like its 1988. Consequently, PS+ games are of no interest to me. This seems to annoy people for some reason.

*edit* I missed that MGS game, thanks for the heads up

And that's fair enough, different strokes and all that. A lot of people just don't have the time to play games so prefer to spend it with the triple As.

I don't think it annoys people that the offerings are of no interest to you, it's just that those types of games will never appear on PS+, there's no commercial viability in them.

Some games aren't 1988 platformer-esque games though, you should give some a go. Saying that, I have played one or two games that I had to pause as I was having flashbacks to playing effectively the same game in a dingy gaming room in the Slieve Russell hotel in Cavan in the 90s, so some games are definitely of that ilk alright! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Rocket league and rogue legacy, that's about it from 2015 as anything else I've already had. Not really buying much cheaper games anymore due they're inevitable inclusion on plus.

Will stay subbed for online play but that's the only reason i am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Gotta admit I'm really disappointed in plus, the amount of down time and generally poor service for mp is terrible, mp is why I subscribe, the games were only ever an added bonus which hasn't been a bonus in a long time,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What I'd love to know is, since the V3.00 firmware update. Under the new Plus icon it says that cloud storage has gone up from 1GB to 10GB yet I still cannot upload any more game saves.

When are we getting this extra space?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Rocket League was worth the fifty quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Rocket League was worth the fifty quid.

+1

Play this game about 3 hours a day usually when I can... Addicted to 2v2 ranked games lately...

I also find that with PS+ I try games I never would play... Having owned Binding of Isaac (the original) on PC, I never expected myself to enjoy The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, however it was a pretty fun game and spent many hours playing it too... Rogue Legacy was also an amazing game which I clocked many hours in...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement