Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Thanks. I got a Sony bluray player which can apparently use Playstation Now but I couldn't see the APP for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I'll take the beta key if it's still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    I'll take the beta key if it's still going!

Sorry, i asked to message me and someone else did so they got it!

I see microsoft also bought Havok yesterday, interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

SharpCoder wrote: »
    I see microsoft also bought Havok yesterday, interesting!

Not really, they will just probably integrate it into DirectX and get a lot of royalty money, it will have zero effect on any of the 3 consoles.
    “We will continue to license Havok’s technology to the broad AAA games industry," a representative told IGN. "This also means that we will continue to license Havok’s technology to run across various game consoles including Sony and Nintendo.”

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14438069256219&key=de2ccb8ca8943c06669720e0a267a9f6&libId=if9xbjeu0100ag8y000DA707rew1v&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1119596&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ign.com%2Farticles%2F2015%2F10%2F02%2Fmicrosoft-buys-havok-from-intel&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D2&title=Microsoft%20buys%20Havok%20from%20Intel%2C%20GAFfers%20tear%20skin%20off%20while%20screaming%20about%20endtimes%20-%20NeoGAF&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ign.com%2Farticles%2F2015%2F10%2F...vok-from-intel

Well i didn't say it would have any effect on any platform, but still an interesting buy.

likely be integrated into the azure microsoft cloud for games like the new crackdown.

http://www.havok.com/havok-to-join-microsoft/

SharpCoder wrote: »
    it's very different now, but i will admit it's the little things that make me sway to game for gold, for example, games for gold members get to keep their games, plus members do not, and starting november, all games for gold free xbox 360 games will also be playable on the xbox one, and you can't deny that's quite the available libary. The walking dead games may be old but they're still great games and getting it for free is all that sweeter. I just wish plus games were just a little bit better, as much as i like some indie games, some coming out are just terrible.

On the bright side, i just got 2 keys for the need for speed beta, one for the ps4 and one for the xbox one, first person to message me asking for the ps4 one can have it.

It is quite the available library but so far the games which will be playable on the One have been rather lack-struck. The catalogue is huge, there is no doubt about that but we may only see a fraction of the available titles made playable. Say what you will about PS+ but they are far more generous with titles than GWG and offer newer titles. If a game is cross platform then we see it on all available Sony consoles and don't get something like The Walking Dead as both options for the month. There are exceptions with Sony, Thief is one but I imagine that was down to publisher and not Sony.

It is quite the available library but so far the games which will be playable on the One have been rather lack-struck. The catalogue is huge, there is no doubt about that but we may only see a fraction of the available titles made playable. Say what you will about PS+ but they are far more generous with titles than GWG and offer newer titles. If a game is cross platform then we see it on all available Sony consoles and don't get something like The Walking Dead as both options for the month. There are exceptions with Sony, Thief is one but I imagine that was down to publisher and not Sony.

From what i gathered, the emulator for the xbox 360 on the xbox one can play all xbox 360 titles but they must get the go ahead from the developers/publishers before they can distribute them via the platform but even at that they're already gonna give titles free with upcoming titles like you get rainbow six vegas 1 & 2 free with siege, you get fallout 3 free with 4 and many more. To say plus has been more generous is ok if you mean it's been indie title generous and i'm just speaking from the PS4 stand point here, not PS3, but if you square the latest gens offering together, to me, GWG wins, but just by a small enough margin, and having the xbox 360 GWG playable too whether they're minor is always a cherry on the pie, specially given Sony want to charge you a subscription, 49.99? a month just to play ps3 games on top fo your 49.99 a year plus subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Unmechanical extended, broken Age and kickbeat, which is actually free on PS4 are free on store now. No sign of super meatboy yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Unmechanical extended, broken Age and kickbeat, which is actually free on PS4 are free on store now. No sign of super meatboy yet.

Super Meat Boy is there now, says E16 on page but shows up as free when added to basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

F1ngers wrote: »
    Super Meat Boy is there now, says E16 on page but shows up as free when added to basket.

Its showing as free on the page now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Everything is up on the website anyway in the Plus secction

It is near impossible to platinum SMB, it's up there with N++ and Nidhogg.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Super Meat Boy is a little headwrecker,but...can't.....stop.....playing

Super Meat Boy is a little headwrecker,but...can't.....stop.....playing

You can easily put 50 hours into it if you want to get the most out of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finally getting around to playing Super Meat Boy. I can definitely see the appeal. Very well made. Just not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I have no thumbs left from trying out Super Meat Boy and Kickbeat. I honestly thought I was going to break my Vita last night, not out of frustration but I was gripping it so tight and mashing it so much playing SMB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Unmechanical is a grand little game. I always like a quirky puzzle game for a change from whatever else I'm usually stuck into. Nothing spectacular but it's one I'll definitely see through to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

1400 deaths in Meatboy already :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Feck knows how anybody played Super Meat Boy on the 360's awful D-pad, playing it on the Vita though is such a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nailz wrote: »
    Feck knows how anybody played Super Meat Boy on the 360's awful D-pad, playing it on the Vita though is such a treat!

Yeah its not bad, could still do with the external vita grip as well for my mongo hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just finished Meat Boy, well the Light World anyway, think I'll give my thumbs a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Really enjoyed Broken Age (even though the second act was pretty weak), completed it in a 10hr session on Sunday :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rewiring that ****ing robot a dozen times slowwwllly but aggressively drained the considerable goodwill I had left over from the beautiful art design, impressive production values, sparkling script and considerable charm Act 1 had in abundance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone know where to buy either an Irish €50 PSN card or a year sub to PS+.

Currently living in the UK but my Irish credit card is constantly getting refused on the website when I try either add funds or try to resub.
    Still registered to my Irish address too so all the details are right. Might have to ring up the bank to see what's causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Currently living in the UK but my Irish credit card is constantly getting refused on the website when I try either add funds or try to resub.
    Still registered to my Irish address too so all the details are right. Might have to ring up the bank to see what's causing the problem.

Could use paypal? Irish address/credit card and can just top up through that.

It's one of the payment options in the store.

I presume you are using an irish PSN account, so failing that it might be a bank issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Search online and you'll find no shortage of places who will take your money and email you a code. I do it all the time to top up my UK account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

So. I've used
    • two different browsers. Same result.
    • My Irish credit card with Irish address. No dice.
    • my irish Paypal with irish address. Nope.
    It's definitely a common problem which seems to plague all regions of PSN. A quick google will sort it out but the only way Sony seem to be able to solve it is buy suggesting you go buy a PSN card at your local retailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Could use paypal? Irish address/credit card and can just top up through that.

It's one of the payment options in the store.

My Paypal won't work on the Canadian store for some reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement