Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

lertsnim wrote: »
    My Paypal won't work on the Canadian store for some reason.

Unless your Paypal account is Canadian, i don't think it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

lertsnim wrote: »
    My Paypal won't work on the Canadian store for some reason.

Your billing address has to match the PSN stores country, so credit cards and paypal will not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So. I've used
    • two different browsers. Same result.
    • My Irish credit card with Irish address. No dice.
    • my irish Paypal with irish address. Nope.
    It's definitely a common problem which seems to plague all regions of PSN. A quick google will sort it out but the only way Sony seem to be able to solve it is buy suggesting you go buy a PSN card at your local retailer.

It's a bloody mess alright, I couldn't get my Irish credit card working on my Irish PSN account at all. It was only recently when Paypal got added that I could really use the store properly. Rang Sony but they were no help really, there must be an issue with how they validate cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has there ever been any update on the PS Plus Anniversary gift that subscribers were supposed to receive?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

RedXIV wrote: »
    nothing :(

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just realised this morning that next month's games should be announced yesterday or today, yet I've seen no comments anywhere online about what they might be or anything. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

AFUwBdp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone have any ideas or speculation? I wonder will one of the old NFS games get a nod since the new one is coming out or a surprise announcement that Fallout 3 has been remastered and will be the PS+ game for Nov...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I see Knack for November :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas or speculation? I wonder will one of the old NFS games get a nod since the new one is coming out or a surprise announcement that Fallout 3 has been remastered and will be the PS+ game for Nov...

There was a NFS game on Plus for PS3 last year. I can see AC Black Flag being one as there are two AC games out since and it was a launch title.

Twisted Metal was my go to guess and that's gone now, so I don't know. PS4 could get either Infamous or Killzone. I'd say they may save at least one of those for the Christmas games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

It'll be two games I already have, two games I have no interest in and two games I'll play a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

There will be complaints and moans.

There will be complaints and moans about the complaints and moans.

There will be complaints and moans about the complaints and moans about the complaints and moans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There will be knowing posts about the complaints and moans about the complaints and moans about the complaints and moans.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Indie crap or words to that effect will be used by at least 2 posters.

At lease one poster will note that PS+ isn't worth because of the abundance of said crap.

A debate will start as to whether the games are technically free or not as there is a subscription fee for the service that the instant game collection is one part of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I like games.

Faker74 wrote: »
    A debate will start as to whether the games are technically free or not as there is a subscription fee for the service that the instant game collection is one part of.

Because every thread should have the same pedantic argument once a month just in case it slips your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Arguments once a month?
    Story of my life!!!!!

• Advertisement

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Arguments once a month?
    Story of my life!!!!!

Hey… maybe we've been following this thread together for so long that all our man periods have synced up the same way women do if they've been living in the same house together. That's why there's all this squabbling at this time of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Last month's games weren't my cupan tea! Hopeful for something a little different

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Do you guys actually play/try all of the games? To me they're all bonuses - I tend to have a few games on the go at any one time and anything that comes up in PS+ is a bonus. It has given me exposure to a whole bunch of games that I wouldn't otherwise have played but still I've probably completely left 70% or more of the games that I've been given through it over the past three years.

Not trying to poke people with a stick here, I'm genuinely curious. I'd love to have the time to play four or more new games a month on top of my normal gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never have high hopes for the indies but find myself pleasantly surprised with some and the odd few are absolute gems. I hated Super Meat Boy, I found it extremely boring and gave up half way through the 2nd world.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Do you guys actually play/try all of the games? To me they're all bonuses - I tend to have a few games on the go at any one time and anything that comes up in PS+ is a bonus. It has given me exposure to a whole bunch of games that I wouldn't otherwise have played but still I've probably completely left 70% or more of the games that I've been given through it over the past three years.

Not trying to poke people with a stick here, I'm genuinely curious. I'd love to have the time to play four or more new games a month on top of my normal gaming.

I try most that are cross play with the Vita as I travel a lot for business and try and give the rest at least a good go, I have came across games that I would never have bought or took much interest in and ended up loving them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I hope that they mix things up a little. I like some of the indie games but would be good to start adding a few AAA PS4 games, some of which are also 2 years old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Xenji wrote: »
    I try most that are cross play with the Vita as I travel a lot for business and try and give the rest at least a good go, I have came across games that I would never have bought or took much interest in and ended up loving them.

I hear ya, i also travel a lot with work so the Vita and the likes of SuperMeatBoy are perfect for airports/planes/trains/buses

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd like something better than reissuing 5 year old indie games this month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I never have high hopes for the indies but find myself pleasantly surprised with some and the odd few are absolute gems. I hated Super Meat Boy, I found it extremely boring and gave up half way through the 2nd world.

Heretic! You are supposed to adore retro platformers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I hope that they mix things up a little. I like some of the indie games but would be good to start adding a few AAA PS4 games, some of which are also 2 years old now.

Yes - but what AAA games would they likely add - Knack. No thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement