Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'd like something better than reissuing 5 year old indie games this month

I don't have an Xbox 360 or use my crappy netbook for gaming so I was happy to get my hands on Super Meat Boy since seeing it on Indie Game: The Movie.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Yes - but what AAA games would they likely add - Knack. No thanks

I actually wouldnt mind Knack but AAA titles that could be free - Battlefield Hardline/Killzone/Soul Suspect/NFS/AC Unity. There are plenty they could start generating money from buy giving the base game free and hope people buy add ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I like very few of these neo retro games, although a few of them have surprised me, but I haven't been hooked in for long by them, really.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I actually wouldnt mind Knack but AAA titles that could be free - Battlefield Hardline/Killzone/Soul Suspect/NFS/AC Unity. There are plenty they could start generating money from buy giving the base game free and hope people buy add ons.

Maybe people haven't been buying the add-ons like they hoped they would so it's become less attractive to give the core game away for free. I bought the Awakened DLC for Dead Space 3 in a sale but I think that's the only add on I've got for any of the games I got from PS Plus.

I reckon Soul Suspect will be given away free in the next couple of months. Might not be for PS4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

All the launch titles, AC Blackflag, Killzone, Lego Marvel, NFS Rivals. They are all coming up on 2 years old next week.

• Advertisement

All the launch titles, AC Blackflag, Killzone, Lego Marvel, NFS Rivals. They are all coming up on 2 years old next week.

Didn't Games with Gold get AC Black Flag a couple of months ago for Xbox1?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Didn't Games with Gold get AC Black Flag a couple of months ago for Xbox1?

Yep, thought it was going to go to Plus soon after.

Gold got Ground Zeros a month after Plus.

I think AC4 is a contender with AC6 just released.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'm still here playing Rocket League :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'm still here playing Rocket League :D

Same as, I've put a shocking amount of hours into that game. I've just changed from an Expert to a Master last night, go me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Asia has gotten Thief on the PS4 for November, the moaning today will be entertaining if we get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Xenji wrote: »
    Asia has gotten Thief on the PS4 for November, just waiting for the moaning if we get that today.

I wouldn't mind playing it but hear it's awful plus I've seen it in some shops for 15 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Xenji wrote: »
    Asia has gotten Thief on the PS4 for November, just waiting for the moaning if we get that today.

That came out for PS3 a good few months ago in the PS+ deal - for feb. I doubt we'll get it. Plus Asia got Super Meat Boy, so i doubt it'll be anything like the lineup they got

That came out for PS3 a good few months ago in the PS+ deal - for feb. I doubt we'll get it. Plus Asia got Super Meat Boy, so i doubt it'll be anything like the lineup they got

That is why the moaning would be entertaining, but no we never get the same, but it is significant as it is the first AA game being offered on the service for the PS4 so far.

Dragon Fin Soup is a strong possibility this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

If it's not Thief, write me a short story on why you should get my copy of that piece of crap game and I'll gladly send it off to the winner :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Thief is utter ****e and it only got a 67 rating on Metacritic so that should rule it out if the old ≥70 rating still applies.

I don't think it's as bad as all that but there's something a bit off about it. It's just doesn't excite you in any way. If I play it for an hour or two I enjoy it, I just don't feel any need to finish it at all. Maybe I'll get around to getting stuck into it but it's a tiny bit lifeless.

Thief is utter ****e and it only got a 67 rating on Metacritic so that should rule it out if the old ≥70 rating still applies.

The rule got quietly scrapped a while back, although it was never really an official requirement as many thought.

That metacritic rating thing doesn't apply anymore. They quietly jettisoned it a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I need to play Knack. I have a morbid curiosity about it after all the slating it has had in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Infamous Second Son would be nice.

I'd take Knack or any Assassins Creed either having never played any of them.

Not a major indie fan either, recently finished Valiant Hearts and enjoyed it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

mdwexford wrote: »

Not a major indie fan either, recently finished Valiant Hearts and enjoyed it though.[/QUOTE]]

that's about as Indie as Oasis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I played Thief on the PS3 and thought it was pretty awful. Not gonna cry if it's one of this month's offerings though, i'll just skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

sweetie wrote: »
    mdwexford wrote: »

Not a major indie fan either, recently finished Valiant Hearts and enjoyed it though.[/QUOTE]]

that's about as Indie as Oasis.

Ha forgot that was Ubisoft.

Ah well if it's on ps plus and looks like the standard indie fare then it's an indie to me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Thief was one of my first games on the PS4. Unfortunately I'd only recently finished Dishonoured on the PS3 and was so blown away by that I couldn't understand how Thief could have lost it so badly.

Either way if it's free I'll add it but can't really see myself playing it again anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

When do we find out?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    When do we find out?

If not in the next hour or so, tomorrow.

I'm getting the feeling it's not going to be an overly impressive month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'm getting the feeling it's not going to be an overly impressive month.

Thats the fealing i get every month

• Advertisement

Looks like we are getting Magicka 2 and The Walking Dead.

J8rFWHn.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement