Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Had to look up Youtube for a reminder on the final boss.

Yeah, he was painful but I go through and left it after that. I think Knack gets slightly harsh treatment, it's not as bad as popular opinion would lead you to believe but absolutely not a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Knack is basically the PS4's Ryse. For at least a year both have been predicted to be coming to Gold/PS+ every month and this stage, I don't want either.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

General PS+ question, and apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

I recently sold my PS3, do not own a PS4.

My nephew is likely to get a PS4 for xmas (the spoiled little so and so).

Can I sign in on his console, download my PS+ game collection to it, and then if he signs up separately to PS+ in his own name, will he be able to play the games downloaded? Or does the continuing subscription have to be in my account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Faker74 wrote: »

Can I sign in on his console, download my PS+ game collection to it, and then if he signs up separately to PS+ in his own name, will he be able to play the games downloaded? Or does the continuing subscription have to be in my account?

The continuing subscription would have to be in your account for him to be able to play the games you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Faker74 wrote: »

I have a similar question....
    My teenagers are getting their own ps4 for Chrismas ... Can I download the games I have paid for into their console (fallout 4, gta v, last of us, and older plus freebies) while giving them their own profile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

My teenagers are getting their own ps4 for Chrismas ... Can I download the games I have paid for into their console (fallout 4, gta v, last of us, and older plus freebies) while giving them their own profile?

Yes but your account has to remain on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

the account that bought the game must set the second PS4 as its "primary" PS4. (Settings --> PSN --> "Activate as Your Primary PS4") Anyone on the second PS4 will be able to play games that your main account has downloaded to it. Your main account can still download and play its games on any PS4 by simply signing in and downloading them, so setting the second PS4 as your "primary" one won't change anything for you on the first PS4.

Here’s the full list of great titles that await you on 1st December:

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (PS4)
    King’s Quest – Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember (PS4)
    Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3)
    SSX (PS3)
    Rocketbirds Hardboilded (PS Vita)
    Freedom Wars (PS Vita)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

December games announced:

SSX (PS3)
    Freedom Wars (PS Vita)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Snap:)

Nothing that would interest me too much here. Not a bad thing as I am sure I'll have a lot of other titles to play over the Christmas.

• Advertisement

Vyse wrote: »
    Snap:)

Nothing that would interest me too much here. Not a bad thing as I am sure I'll have a lot of other titles to play over the Christmas.

Yea its an ok month if your still playing PS3. Freedom Wars is good also!!
    Nothing for ps4 though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeclanRe wrote: »

SSX (PS3)
    Freedom Wars (PS Vita)

A good month with SSX, Freedom Wars and Gauntlet, but King's Quest is the pick of the bunch, been looking forward to Chapter 2 for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just chapter 1 of King's Quest? Sure those type of games are always giving the first one away for free (ie. RER2 and TFTB both have chapter 1 free currently.) I'm interested but it's a bit of a cop out!

sweetie wrote: »
    Just chapter 1 of King's Quest? Sure those type of games are always giving the first one away for free (ie. RER2 and TFTB both have chapter 1 free currently.) I'm interested but it's a bit of a cop out!

It's an episodic game like the Telltale games or Life is Strange and they're only giving the first episode for free? That's kind of crappy. It's not really the Christmas line-up people were hoping for.

sweetie wrote: »

Only one chapter of it has been released, the second chapter is due out in the next few weeks.

Xenji wrote: »
    Only one chapter of it has been released, the second chapter is due out in the next few weeks.

But lots of these types of games would give away their first episodes anyway. It's hardly a coup for PS Plus.

But lots of these types of games would give away their first episodes anyway. It's hardly a coup for PS Plus.

It is a very highly rated and well reviewed game, I am all for it being on PS+ as it will get a wider audience and people who might not of heard of it or would of played it will give it a go, in turn they might speed up the releases of new chapters if more people buy the second chapter :pac: ( ok being selfish there )

No sign of Knack yet, but you have 6 games that are all better than Knack, Freedom Wars is one of the best games on the Vita, SSX and Blood Dragon are both solid games and Rocketbirds is addictive and a great fit on the Vita, while Gauntlet is enjoyable if you like old school hack n slash games.

It is a very highly rated and well reviewed game, I am all for it being on PS+ as it will get a wider audience and people who might not of heard of it or would of played it will give it a go, in turn they might speed up the releases of new chapters if more people buy the second chapter :pac: ( ok being selfish there )

No sign of Knack yet, but you have 6 games that are all better than Knack, Freedom Wars is one of the best games on the Vita, SSX and Blood Dragon are both solid games and Rocketbirds is addictive and a great fit on the Vita, while Gauntlet is enjoyable if you like old school hack n slash games.

I'm looking forward to giving Freedom Wars a whirl over Christmas and Rocketbirds seems to get positive reviews so happy with the two of them. Have the 2 PS3 games so nothing for me there. Did they turn off the servers for SSX a while ago?

I'm looking forward to giving Freedom Wars a whirl over Christmas and Rocketbirds seems to get positive reviews so happy with the two of them. Have the 2 PS3 games so nothing for me there. Did they turn off the servers for SSX a while ago?

I think Rider Net is still up, its website is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Regardless of the actual quality of the games, it's not a lineup that will do anything to help move PS Plus subs over Christmas. They'll have to hope the online multiplayer will be enough, because it's not going to interest the casuals.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Regardless of the actual quality of the games, it's not a lineup that will do anything to help move PS Plus subs over Christmas. They'll have to hope the online multiplayer will be enough, because it's not going to interest the casuals.

I doubt they need to worry about getting people to sign up, with 30m consoles sold even if only half the install base has Plus they would still be raking in around 75m a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Freedom Wars! Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Wonder will the PSN get another hammering this christmas from ze hackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I doubt they need to worry about getting people to sign up, with 30m consoles sold even if only half the install base has Plus they would still be raking in around 75m a year.

That's true alright, but Sony made a pretty big deal of it at launch and even last Christmas the lineup was pretty decent. It's like they're giving up, no sign of even launch-day full retail games yet, and I'm starting to think they're not coming anytime soon. Plus is good for fans of online multiplayer and indie games, and as I prefer single player and not a massive fan of indie games, I won't be in a huge hurry to resub when it runs out in January. Just isn't suited to me I suppose.

eddhorse wrote: »

IFWT_Lizard-Squad-LeadLS-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

eddhorse wrote: »

I really hope they concentrate their efforts on hacking IS or Isis or whatever the feck they like to call their scumbag selves. I think Anonymous are, so hopefully the rest will make their hacking skills actually constructive and help demolish this terror group's online presence and irreparably disrupt their social network communications. (/end rant) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

As I don't own a PS3 it's a bit of a meh month apart from Freedom Wars which I have heard a lot about so will definitely be checking that out.

I thought they would go for a spectacular month to help shift a few more consoles.

As I subscribe to Games with Gold and PS Plus I think I can say without being a fanboy that GWG is having a pretty decent run lately and the backwards compatibility is a big win.

I'll still hold out in vain for a surprise addition closer to Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MEHyyy Christmas to you too Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fairly poor offering - one and a bit games for PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm just relieved - nearly bought that 1 game a while back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement