Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Just finished the Walking Dead Season 2. An absolutely fantastic game, the storyline was so good. Very limited user interaction, it's like watching a movie really.

Haven't played Season 1 yet so I'm definitely going to purchase that, apparently it's a better game that Season 2.

I'd recommend playing this game if you haven't already, was on plus a couple of months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

For anybody yet to play the Walking Dead games, I strongly recommend playing them in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They're really not my type of game but I picked up Season 2 when it went free and bought Season 1 to play it in order. Actually really enjoying it. Very different to what I usually play

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

James74 wrote: »
    For anybody yet to play the Walking Dead games, I strongly recommend playing them in order.

Is there alot carried over from season 1 to 2? I played season 1 on ps3 and got season 2 free on ps4, will I miss much not being able to "continue" my story?

RedXIV wrote: »
    Is there alot carried over from season 1 to 2? I played season 1 on ps3 and got season 2 free on ps4, will I miss much not being able to "continue" my story?

Season Two pre-determines choices that you may have made in Season one if there is no previous save file available. I'm considering replaying Season Two once I finish Season One.

Looking for the cheapest place to get Season One now, €24.99 for the PS4 complete package with all DLC's on the PS Store seems quite reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

van_beano wrote:
    Looking for the cheapest place to get Season One now, €24.99 for the PS4 complete package with all DLC's on the PS Store seems quite reasonable.

Season one is always on sale every few months and is usually $6 on us store or €12 on irish

Season one is always on sale every few months and is usually $6 on us store or €12 on irish

Thanks Eoin, I'll hold off getting it yet so..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

van_beano wrote:
    Thanks Eoin, I'll hold off getting it yet so..

Have played both seasons on xbox already so in the same boat as you in that I need to get Season 1 but waiting for when its in sale as 24.99 is way too much for it now.
    Psprices.com is great for seeing the pricing history for games. That's where I found the lowest prices it's been at

Have played both seasons on xbox already so in the same boat as you in that I need to get Season 1 but waiting for when its in sale as 24.99 is way too much for it now.
    Psprices.com is great for seeing the pricing history for games. That's where I found the lowest prices it's been at

Checked Amazon price tracker, they've had it at £12 back in Sept for the physical copy, £23 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I take it we didn't get Episode 2 of Kings Quest, what an absolute money making scheme by the developers... Unbelievable that the 1st episode of any episodic game would be one of the free titles for PS+ and of all times on the month of December...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I take it we didn't get Episode 2 of Kings Quest, what an absolute money making scheme by the developers... Unbelievable that the 1st episode of any episodic game would be one of the free titles for PS+ and of all times on the month of December...

On top of that, the full game is still €40 to buy even though we have episode 1.
    No reduction if you do decide to purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How is it a money making scheme, this strategy has been used for decades, it's great that a small developer has been given a chance to get their game and a game that is being highly praised out to a larger audience.

Most people unless interested prior to the games release would probably have ignored it, now I am sure they have got a lot more people hooked and have increased their fan base and sales base, with so many developers going under these days, any extra exposure is a great benefit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Xenji wrote: »
    How is it a money making scheme, this strategy has been used for decades, it's great that a small developer has been given a chance to get their game and a game that is being highly praised out to a larger audience.

Most people unless interested prior to the games release would probably have ignored it, now I am sure they have got a lot more people hooked and have increased their fan base and sales base, with so many developers going under these days, any extra exposure is a great benefit.

Generally I would agree with you(have bought DLC for PS+ games) but since when is Activision a small developer?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Generally I would agree with you(have bought DLC for PS+ games) but since when is Activision a small developer?

The Odd Gentlemen did most of the work on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Telltale have given plenty of their first episodes away for free. They've never taken up a spot in the IGC. At a time when Xbox users are getting an extra game from Games with Gold in the run up to Christmas as a reward, it looks like a very cheap move from Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

F1ngers wrote: »

I've bought DLC for PS+ games too but they were full games you were getting, not one fifth of a game.

They are using the PS+ system so all the users will try out this "Free Game" in order to generate money for themselves... How is that not a money making scheme?...

If they wanted to generate money in a more appropriate way they would have the 1st episode free for everyone like most of the Tell Tale Games have added the 1st episode free... They would have made a fortune giving all the episodes for free anyways so why make people pay an extra €40 on top of their sub already?... If they where going to choose it as one of the games another game should have been added as this really isn't a full game at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

It's really amusing how much people complain about PS+ when it only costs about 4 euro a month. The best value I've gotten out of a subscription service even if not every game is to my taste. I think it's fairly obvious Episode 1 of King's Quest was given to boost sales of Episode 2. I really don't know what people expect from the service for the little that they're paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

TheZPPanda wrote: »
    . I really don't know what people expect from the service for the little that they're paying.

Decent speeds and a reliable network would suffice to a lot of us,

cadete wrote: »

Well that problem is independent of PS+ really. The network has been dreadful for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Well that problem is independent of PS+ really. The network has been dreadful for years

Once they made it mandatory to have plus for online play it became part of it,

It's really amusing how much people complain about PS+ when it only costs about 4 euro a month. The best value I've gotten out of a subscription service even if not every game is to my taste. I think it's fairly obvious Episode 1 of King's Quest was given to boost sales of Episode 2. I really don't know what people expect from the service for the little that they're paying.

Paying for a subscription to build up a games collection and then getting shafted with 1/5th of a game is just ridiculous... If you want to throw out an episode to boost your sales give it to all users and then maybe that will entice more people to purchase, don't use it as a silly PS+ title when it really doesn't belong there at all...

Paying for a subscription to build up a games collection and then getting shafted with 1/5th of a game is just ridiculous... If you want to throw out an episode to boost your sales give it to all users and then maybe that will entice more people to purchase, don't use it as a silly PS+ title when it really doesn't belong there at all...

As far as I can tell from a quick search, it's about 5 hours long which isn't unusual for a PS+ offering. They don't give it away because they get paid by Sony to have it as a PS+ title on top of the game reaching a large user base who likely never would have touched it.

If we got the first episode of Final Fantasy 7 on Plus I doubt anyone would be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

...on what basis does it not belong there?

Its 5 hours plus and a very high quality game. Probably the best PS+ this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If we got the first episode of Final Fantasy 7 on Plus I doubt anyone would be complaining.

You would think that but people do complain a lot.

tok9 wrote: »
    You would think that but people do complain a lot.

Just wait for Knack to arrive, although it looks like Thief will be the first AAA game seeing they have got it in Asia already.

"Man these indie games on plus suck, where are the AAA games?" ....."Seriously? Knack?, man its AAA but it sucks...and what its 36GB to download, screw that, I hate plus but will keep subscribing"

Imagine a world of just Fifa and CoD, it would be hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

They are using the PS+ system so all the users will try out this "Free Game" in order to generate money for themselves... How is that not a money making scheme?...

If they wanted to generate money in a more appropriate way they would have the 1st episode free for everyone like most of the Tell Tale Games have added the 1st episode free... They would have made a fortune giving all the episodes for free anyways so why make people pay an extra €40 on top of their sub already?... If they where going to choose it as one of the games another game should have been added as this really isn't a full game at all...

All games are on PS+ to generate money for the developer and studio. That is the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

cadete wrote: »

Yup, it's my major gripe with PSN. To be fair, it's be grand lately and I haven't noticed it going down for maintenance in a while either. So maybe they have finally sorted it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Orizio wrote: »
    ...on what basis does it not belong there?

Its 5 hours plus and a very high quality game. Probably the best PS+ this year.

Because its not a complete game,its part of a game. Fair point imo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement