Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So Red Dead Redemption this Wednesday and the 20% off annual sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Red Dead Redemption this Wednesday and the 20% off annual sub?

was it not 25%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    was it not 25%

Yeah it was, I bet we still only get 20% off though they probably charge 40euro

That's why I thought it was 20%. thought it was going from €50 to €40. Maybe it's just old age affected memory. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Just recently updgraded my PS3's HDD to cope with all the good games from plus. :D

• Advertisement

Will be typing this from what I see on my phone so will be brief.
    This month's updates include:
    Red Dead Redemption - Sept 5th to Oct 2nd
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World - Sept 12th to Dec 4th
    Double Dragon Neon - Sept 12th to Dec 4th
    Machinarium - Sept 5th to Oct 23rd

1GB cloud storage later this month. Date TBC

365 day sub is 25% off so from €49.99 down to €37.49. Current subscribers can stack the subs so can use this offer.

So all games I'm interested in playing, and decent discount. And still the 2 new retail games later this month

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

God i should have joined this way earlier. This is the best reason to own a PS3 at the moment!!

For anyone who is going to get the Red Dead DLC, firstly it good and secondly the €9.99 undead nightmare collection include the standalone Undead Nightmare (4.99), Legends and Killers pack (4.99), and Liars and cheats (4.99).

Undead and liars and cheats are good but when you spending 9.98 for them it's not bad value to spend the extra 1c and get a tomahawk (if you hit a horse in the face it turns into a unicorn)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Still downloading Red Dead. Just started cracking into Deus Ex, great game so far. :D

looking for co-op players for read dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Varik wrote: »
    looking for co-op players for read dead.

I'd be well up for that. I did enjoy the Red Dead multiplayer but did feel that I was missing out never doing any co-op.

Hopefully we can get three or four of us and then posse up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

beercr8te wrote: »
    Still downloading Red Dead. Just started cracking into Deus Ex, great game so far. :D

Fantastic game. Started with Missing link last weekend [only get an hour or two a week of play time :)]

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mnmfan

Been a Plus member since day 1 and have'nt regretted it since. Yeah it was a bit lacking at first but this year it has really come into it's own.
    Anyone who says it is'nt worth getting is a fool.
    Already have RDR but I don't mind. Can't always get something new. Scott Pilgrim looks pretty crap though tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Mnmfan wrote: »
    Scott Pilgrim looks pretty crap though tbh.

Couldn't agree more. Tried the demo when it first came off. Just don't like those games. The movie was fantastic, though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

But....but......but......it's a fantastic game. :eek:

If you're not a fan of 2d scrolling though, fair enough. I love the retro feel, mixed with some rpg leveling up elements. Plus the humor and sound track are brilliant. really captures the essence of the graphic novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

The only other thing I could have wanted from the Scott Pilgrim game is online multiplayer. The Local co-op only really let it down, but it stands as having one of the top videogame soundtracks of the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Just downloaded RDR. Turns out my old save from my hardcopy version of RDR GOTY edition doesnt work. Have to start all over again, can't complain though. Its such a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Machinarium now free on the store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone notice that on the main page of the PSN store it says that PS+ is €28.12 for subscribers but when you go to purchase it is €37?

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Just downloaded RDR. Turns out my old save from my hardcopy version of RDR GOTY edition doesnt work. Have to start all over again, can't complain though. Its such a good game.

This happened to me with Infamous but this is differant from that game in that DLC is involved.

Make a save with the PSN edition and copy that plus your older saves to a PC, see if renaming the files and folder of the saves you want to use works, that's what i did with Infamous but again that did not have any DLC to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Is Just Cause 2 not a free game for PS+ subscribers? I got a message today saying I had an hour left and then the game turned off an hour later.

xxyyxx wrote: »
    Is Just Cause 2 not a free game for PS+ subscribers? I got a message today saying I had an hour left and then the game turned off an hour later.

Maybe you were just using the trial and didn't download the unlock code

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

So people who are playing Machinarium, is there a way to adjust the screen size?

Red dead mp is weird, the level and unlocks are stored in a save file on your PS3, i did their equivalent of prestiging and then just reloaded the save.

When i started the game my old save was on another PS3 and i had to download it but before i did that i was lvl 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mnmfan

Machinarium is a pretty fun little game I must admit. Bloody hard though. I was stuck on a puzzle for nearly an hour today because I simply refuse to use the ingame hints/walkthrough.
    If the puzzles get much harder I can see myself resorting to the walkthrough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is Scott Pilgrim free?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No, I think it becomes free on Wednesday week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

+ Firmware 4.25 goes live tomorrow :)
    Double Dragon Neon available later this month: http://eu.playstation.com/psn/games/detail/item523989/?WT.mc_id=PDC_blog_g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This is a much needed update. I thought I'd never reach the current limit with save files but I underestimated the size of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement