Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Xenji wrote: »
    Just wait for Knack to arrive, although it looks like Thief will be the first AAA game seeing they have got it in Asia already.

"Man these indie games on plus suck, where are the AAA games?" ....."Seriously? Knack?, man its AAA but it sucks...and what its 36GB to download, screw that, I hate plus but will keep subscribing"

Imagine a world of just Fifa and CoD, it would be hell.

Small matter of PS+ being needed for online play keeps people subbing,personally id drop + and pay say €20 to pay online.
    But $ony would never agree to that,less money coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

EoinHef wrote: »
    Because its not a complete game,its part of a game. Fair point imo

There was no complaining about Season 2 of The Walking Dead being on Plus last month, surely that is more of a money grab as you would need to know what happened in the first season if you never played it or watched the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Xenji wrote: »
    There was no complaining about Season 2 of The Walking Dead being on Plus last month, surely that is more of a money grab as you would need to know what happened in the first season if you never played it or watched the show.

You got the full season and there is no need to play season 1 if you don't want to. I'd imagine the notion of being in the middle of a zombie apocalypse would not be that hard for people to pick up on story wise. If they'd only given you one episode from it, you might have a fair comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

The Walking Dead Season 2 was 5 episodes you got all 5 for free... Kings Quest is 5 episodes you get 1 episode free...

Sony pays people to make games free, so how could they not seek out a full game rather than 1/5th of a game?... So what if it's 5 hours long for 1 episode, that means there's about 20 hours of game play we be missing out on unless we pay the €40... Do they even sell the episodes separately in this game?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I often think this thread helps illustrate that PS Plus - along with the likes of Humble Bundles, Steam Sales and Games with Gold - is helping devalue games to a potentially unsustainable degree in the long-term. And sadly I think it's smaller developers and unusual, offbeat games that will feel the brunt of it most :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

EoinHef wrote: »
    Because its not a complete game,its part of a game. Fair point imo

It has more top quality content than an awful lot of PS+ games. Don't see the problem at all personally.

Do they even sell the episodes separately in this game?

Of course they do.

This all stinks of lads complaining simply to complain. Reality is that KQ's episode 1 is far better than like 95% of PS+ offerings this month, even if it isn't 20 hours long, which most of the PS+ games aren't. There is after all such a thing as quality over quantity.

This is actually the only forum I've seen people complain about this game being a PS+ title. I wonder if anyone here has actually bothered playing it.

Orizio wrote: »
    Of course they do.

This all stinks of lads complaining simply to complain. Reality is that KQ's episode 1 is far better than like 95% of PS+ offerings this month, even if it isn't 20 hours long, which most of the PS+ games aren't. There is after all such a thing as quality over quantity.

This is actually the only forum I've seen people complain about this game being a PS+ title. I wonder if anyone here has actually bothered playing it.

I see it's €10 per episode, so still €40 for all episodes and no discount for getting first episode free... I for one have played it briefly, would much rather a Tell Tale game instead however... People have the right to complain as I wouldn't call 1/5th of a game, a full game to be added to the PS+ collection...

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode One FREE
    Tales from the Borderlands - Episode One FREE
    Game of Thrones - Episode One FREE

All these 3 games have had their first episodes free without PS+ .. Their could even be more episodic titles where the first episode was available for free but these are just the ones I have gotten... I don't see why people think we don't have the right to complain... I don't complain about any of the sucky full titles we get as at the end of the day I am getting that game in full and won't have to pay more money in order to complete it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I don't really understand your complaint if I'm completely honest. I get that the developer has decided to put their game up for PS+ in order to gain an audience for the rest of their episodic release.

Your posts come across with a very high sense of entitlement imo. And I'm struggling to see why you feel entitled to the rest of the game for 'free' or even a discount.

The first episode was free, the litmus test to determine if you would play the rest of the episodes. To whet the appetite if you will. Their strategy is different to that of Telltale. Telltale know they would have an audience for their genre of game and certainly the subject matter in their games (TWD and GoT). They can afford to give the first episode away as they feel that they can draw people in from that. Kings Quest devs clearly don't have that confidence to be able to give it away free without the help of PS+.

I don't see how it is so hard to understand that 1/5th of a game really isn't a game... It's more like a demo where if you want more you have to pay more to get it...

• Advertisement

So you take issue with the fact its only a single episode of a 5 part game? Well, as your own example, Telltales games also offer their first episode free, you also have to pay more to play those. The only difference, TWD season 2 had been fully released by the time it was offered as part of PS+. Kings Quest, is only 2 episodes in afaik.

I don't see the issue myself... if I like the first episode, I'll buy the rest. As was the idea I'm sure. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. No one is forcing the money out of your pocket.

Glico Man wrote: »
    So you take issue with the fact its only a single episode of a 5 part game? Well, as your own example, Telltales games also offer their first episode free, you also have to pay more to play those. The only difference, TWD season 2 had been fully released by the time it was offered as part of PS+. Kings Quest, is only 2 episodes in afaik.

I don't see the issue myself... if I like the first episode, I'll buy the rest. As was the idea I'm sure. If I don't like it, I won't buy it. No one is forcing the money out of your pocket.

Tell tale didn't give their games for free on a PS+ subscription, they gave them free to all PS users... It is absolutely completely different to give a free episode game to PS+ users than give it to all users...

Tell tale didn't give their games for free on a PS+ subscription, they gave them free to all PS users... It is absolutely completely different to give a free episode game to PS+ users than give it to all users...

Indeed, however those episodes were free for a reason... the series had finished, they were complete. It would be a pretty awful business decision to release a free episode from a newly commenced episodic game series without any assurance of monetary gain. They aren't in the business of giving things away for goodwill...

I really don't see the issue tbh... They're giving it free to PS+ users. Those that aren't PS+ users don't get it free and have to pay for it.

If you like episode 1, you'll likely want to try the rest and pay for them. Ditto the Telltale games.

Glico Man wrote: »
    Indeed, however those episodes were free for a reason... the series had finished, they were complete. It would be a pretty awful business decision to release a free episode from a newly commenced episodic game series without any assurance of monetary gain. They aren't in the business of giving things away for goodwill...

I really don't see the issue tbh... They're giving it free to PS+ users. Those that aren't PS+ users don't get it free and have to pay for it.

If you like episode 1, you'll likely want to try the rest and pay for them. Ditto the Telltale games.

Pretty sure Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands where not complete when released for free... My point is that it's not technically a complete game we are getting... Telltale gained nothing from Sony having the first episodes for free while in this case I am sure the devs got paid a pretty penny for their 1st episode to be free...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Going round in circles now.
    Can we stop the bickering until the next batch of PS+ releases please.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭dohboy

Find it fairly idiotic that people discussing PS+ on a PS+ thread are told to 'stop bickering' and not allowed thrash out their disagreement. That's Boards I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

How does questioning the validity of a particular title being put on IGN make someone sound entitled?

I think its a perfectly valid issue to bring up in this particular case,but as usual it gets turned on its head in this thread and people are being accused of moaning if anything negative is mentioned at all. Sigh:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Free Festive theme for PS+ subscribers

Its not great... but its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't remember if I posted this here before, but just remembered it today. And I'll mention it here since everyone probably reads this thread.

For everyone who would like the ability to sort, filter, search their PSN download list on PC, check out this reddit page about a script called PSDLE
    https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2uptow/psdle_improving_everyones_favorite_online/

I tried it and it worked. Lets me add games to my download queue, which I double checked through the store and they were there. Could filter by console and whether PS+ or not. When I set up my PS4 and switch drives with the PS3, I'll definitely be using this.

Oh, and can export to csv.

Anyway, everyone should play KQ, very entertaining imo. Have an hour to go on it, will try to finish it this weekend. Much better than the Telltale stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyway, everyone should play KQ, very entertaining imo. Have an hour to go on it, will try to finish it this weekend. Much better than the Telltale stuff.

So episodes 2 through 5(+epilogue) hold up?
    Will wait until 1/5 is discounted for PS+ users.

I played about an hour or so of it, don't think it is near as good as any of the Telltale titles I have played... Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us are outstanding titles, while The Walking Dead Season 2 wasn't quite as good as season one... I will finish it over Christmas, but really can't see it being much better than Tales from the Borderlands...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't remember if I posted this here before, but just remembered it today. And I'll mention it here since everyone probably reads this thread.

For everyone who would like the ability to sort, filter, search their PSN download list on PC, check out this reddit page about a script called PSDLE
    https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/2uptow/psdle_improving_everyones_favorite_online/

I tried it and it worked. Lets me add games to my download queue, which I double checked through the store and they were there. Could filter by console and whether PS+ or not. When I set up my PS4 and switch drives with the PS3, I'll definitely be using this.

This is ridiculously useful!

Yep. So gotta wonder why Sony don't do an official version

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That is brilliant , thanks a bunch.
    The other way to look through them is pantaloons.

Started playing Guacamelee last night. I get the feeling the makers may have played a Nintendo game or 2. :)

Well that was addictive and really enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Well that was addictive and really enjoyable.

Did you do a complete play through in one go?

Nope. 2. if I had started a few hours earlier on Saturday I probably would've though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Season one is always on sale every few months and is usually $6 on us store or €12 on irish

Walking Dead Season One on PS4 down to €7.99 from €24.99 on the PS Store.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement