Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus Discussion Thread - FAQ in first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Orizio wrote:
    Get SoM if you like mindless bloody combat.

I thought the nemesis system was great crack

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Glico Man wrote: »
    If Killzone isn't a part of PS+ in January, PM me your address and I'll send it to you. I've not played it, nor even opened the case in the 2 years in which I got it bundled with my PS4.

There is a disc in there though, I think... :pac:

No Killzone.
    Seriously can I have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nearly bought grim fandango on steam so happy with that.
    I know they want everyone to move on to ps4 but what's with them prioritising it over their other platforms with larger install bases (at least for ps3). First with the 12 deals and now with revealing only ps4 games before any others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

If they focused on PS3/PS2 games playable on PS4 would be me happy. PS plus is okay, but I think available games should depend on loyalty, ie. if your constantly renewing Plus membership, better games should be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Really wanted to play grim fandango....15 years ago. I'll be swapping my ps4 for xbox one after the summer unless Sony cop on a bit. Lackluster display.
    Queue the defenders of ps plus..

Well prepared to be disappointed, XBone Gold games are no better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Orizio wrote: »

Thief, black flag and tomb raider all good offerings tbf,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tbh in terms of exclusive content MS destroyed Sony this year, I jumped from 360 to PS4 and don't see the huge benefit.
    MS had a great rebound year tbf and the 360 backwards compatability was the icing on the cake.
    PS+ honestly at this stage if it has 1 game a month I'd play I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Backward comparable games free are a fantastic idea from Microsoft. Think there were a couple 360 games like dirt etc. Free as backward compatability.
    Top games in fairness. Id prefer that over the other twisted metal yoke we are getting this month.

Rocket league was the highlight this year. Servers need to be improved though.

Really wanted to play grim fandango....15 years ago. I'll be swapping my ps4 for xbox one after the summer unless Sony cop on a bit. Lackluster display.
    Queue the defenders of ps plus..

You do realize that this is the remastered version, right?

I mean what do you expect to happen? Them to have AAA releases as the free-to-download game? I mean, really. You're paying €50 a year for 2-3 games a month, with some fantastic free offers and discounts. €50 a year for between 24 - 36 free games is a pretty damn good offer, regardless of whether you like them, because guaranteed someone else will love them.

Plus do you really and truly think Xbox One would have better releases on Gold? That's a very naïve thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got the email from sony at 8:30 this morning saying your January PS Plus games are here.

Are they going live today, or is it next week?

Hardware rivals kinda looks like a modern version of Vigilante 8 maybe? :)

• Advertisement

I was waiting for someone to defend ps plus and it's price tag.
    I've been gaming for 20 years and had free online gaming for 19 of it. I pay the 50e to play games online.we all do let's be honest.
    They clearly don't Invest what they should on 'free' games for customers. Microsoft are pumping money in to their games for gold. Just look at last month.
    Its good news for you if I move to Microsoft as Sony have to give better games with less customers.

Ps plus games 3 years ago for ps3 were fantastic. And you didn't have to pay 50e to play online.it was optional.

I don't think I should pay 50e on console when it is free on pc to play same games.
    People defending Sony's business practices like yourself need to take a closer look at the scenario and see what is best for gamers as a whole in the future.

Its a similar mindset that has allowed ea to release junk like battlefront.
    You do realize that this is the remastered version, right?

I mean what do you expect to happen? Them to have AAA releases as the free-to-download game? I mean, really. You're paying €50 a year for 2-3 games a month, with some fantastic free offers and discounts. €50 a year for between 24 - 36 free games is a pretty damn good offer, regardless of whether you like them, because guaranteed someone else will love them.

Plus do you really and truly think Xbox One would have better releases on Gold? That's a very naïve thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MS were the first to charge for online with XBL. Sony was free then they brought in free games forcing MS's hand. Sony then decided to charge for it too. They may aswell as they need the money more then MS do. At this stage Sony don't care as there are far too many PS4 gamers out there with little to no threat competition wise from Xbox One at this stage. It would take something earth shattering to give MS the lead this generation.

Not saying it's right but that's how it is. MS are just still playing catch up to Sony for the past 3 years now. Before that Sony were trying to catch MS's lead with the 360 and PS Plus did that for them.

I've been gaming for the exact same amount of time as you, if not longer.

The point I'm making is that it's pointless to say "oh PS Plus is horrible because I don't like the games". When in reality there's probably loads of people that love the games. I can see the merit in the fact that we get free ones whatsoever when you sign up, regardless of whether I like them or not.

What games have been released for free with Xbox One that have been oh so amazing?

I mean the fact that you are going to buy a new console because you don't like the free games is absolutely hilarious to me.

And the point I'm making is I would prefer to pay 25e for just online pass and skip the games. Its a joke.this is all my opinion.

Im not getting in to an argument with this again on here. Keep your sarky comments to yourself boney arse.
    We both are entitled to our opinion. And that was mine.
    I've been gaming for the exact same amount of time as you, if not longer.

The point I'm making is that it's pointless to say "oh PS Plus is horrible because I don't like the games". When in reality there's probably loads of people that love the games. I can see the merit in the fact that we get free ones whatsoever when you sign up, regardless of whether I like them or not.

What games have been released for free with Xbox One that have been oh so amazing?

I mean the fact that you are going to buy a new console because you don't like the free games is absolutely hilarious to me.

This year alone we've had Broken Age, Guacamelee, Infamous: First Light, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Kings Quest episode 1, which was great, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros, Oddworld New 'n' Tasty, Rocket League. And that's just the games I downloaded. All for €50. And you're telling me that they have a rubbish selection? Sure, some months aren't great, but for every Apotheon there's a Broken Age and Rocket League. You say that the recent months of Xbox One have been good. What about the months before that? Have they always been amazing?

Conversation over mate. Try keep it a discussion next time.

This year alone we've had Broken Age, Guacamelee, Infamous: First Light, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Kings Quest episode 1, which was great, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeros, Oddworld New 'n' Tasty, Rocket League. And that's just the games I downloaded. All for €50. And you're telling me that they have a rubbish selection? Sure, some months aren't great, but for every Apotheon there's a Broken Age and Rocket League. You say that the recent months of Xbox One have been good. What about the months before that? Have they always been amazing?

It is a discussion. I'm discussing with you why you're wrong.

Anyway.

Is it listed what the January's offering will be? Someone mentioned Grim Fandango. I already own it and it's insane how much they've improved on the graphics and even rerecorded some of the dialogue, I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just looking at the list of IGC for the year and saw 3 of my favourite games this year came from IGC, Rocket League, Guacamelee and and Olli Olli 2. I would never have played these if it wasn't for PS+.

I see the Hardware Rivals game is like an online shooter but beta reviews say it's a bit meh.

It was such an incredible coup for them to have Rocket League as a free game. Someone mentioned before that they've made millions this year from that game alone. Wonder how much was a direct result of PS+.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbh in terms of exclusive content MS destroyed Sony this year, I jumped from 360 to PS4 and don't see the huge benefit.
    MS had a great rebound year tbf and the 360 backwards compatability was the icing on the cake.

What has any of that got to do with PS+ and XBone Gold. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Lads in fairness, paid online is the way of the future. Getting free games is now a bonus. For me, if anything, PS Plus gives good discounts on games I do buy, so much infact the €50 sub is nothing compared to my savings on purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Lord Nikon wrote: »
    Lads in fairness, paid online is the way of the future. Getting free games is now a bonus. For me, if anything, PS Plus gives good discounts on games I do buy, so much infact the €50 sub is nothing compared to my savings on purchases.

What makes it thhe way of the future? Paid online was "supposed" to be to improve psn and the games were an extra(not free by the way, you dont own them)
    But how is psn the service you pay €50 a year to play games online with friends? its poor to say the least, today for example i have been kicked from the network 4 times in 2 hours, download speeds are terrible for the most part, look at the major outage a couple of years ago and how long was psn down last year at xmas when a few kids in their bedroom decided to take it out!
    If xbox was in the format it now is in at launch ie no always on, kinect not needed and had backwards compatibility i know which machine would be in the lead this gen and it wouldnt be ps4

Why in the **** are people starting console wars in the PS+ thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Why in the **** are people starting console wars in the PS+ thread.

Schools are still on holidays obviously.

You also get a free Grim Fandango theme this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Thief is rubbish, it was something like €6 in a sale recently iirc. Assassins Creed is of no interest to me at all, first 2 were OK, then it got boring. So I would be pretty unhappy with games for gold at the moment.

In summary, people like different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

QH68A5NQAB42 multi use code for the Grim Fandango theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Instead of Thief buy Dishonored - one of my favourite last gen games on the PS3, hoping it will be a PS+ game soon... Looking forwards to Dishonored 2

What made the next gen Thief so awful?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

cadete wrote: »
    What makes it thhe way of the future? Paid online was "supposed" to be to improve psn and the games were an extra(not free by the way, you dont own them)
    But how is psn the service you pay €50 a year to play games online with friends? its poor to say the least, today for example i have been kicked from the network 4 times in 2 hours, download speeds are terrible for the most part, look at the major outage a couple of years ago and how long was psn down last year at xmas when a few kids in their bedroom decided to take it out!
    If xbox was in the format it now is in at launch ie no always on, kinect not needed and had backwards compatibility i know which machine would be in the lead this gen and it wouldnt be ps4

The PSN is leaps and bounds ahead of what it was back in the ps3 days in my opinion. I never get disconnected and while I do not get my full 240Mbits download speed on psn (Not many services do max it out) I easily get 100mbits of it at least.

The outage years ago was a big screw up, I agree, but you are simplifying the issues that came about last year. Almost all large game networks were attacked including Blizzard and Microsoft.

People are still buying the ps4 instead of the xbox. I bought a ps4 just 3 weeks ago. I had the choice of an xbox and I choose differently, because, in my opinion the ps4 is better and has better exclusives.

On topic: Grim fandango! Yissss!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What made the next gen Thief so awful?

Well frankly, it bored the arse off of me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement